Casual In an all-out war, would Voldemort or Sauron win?

Who would win?

• Sauron

• Voldemort

• Stalemate.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And that's the point, the spell enhances the object to be near indestructable to be able to live, objects that can cut through those spells are objects that can destroy horcruxes, it is technically destroying the spell, you just have to look through the nuances of the definition of 'spell'. Well, let's continue this discussion tomorrow, I have to go now.

Never got that impression from how its described in the books. None of the Horcrux destroying methods dispelled the magic . . . for all we know, the magic can't be dispelled, and the Horcrux's were just destroyed because the stuff was THAT destructive.

That's just IGNORANT. You don't know nothing about LotR. The ring could only be broken in the flames where it was forged

I will ask that you refrain from ANY further insults of any kind. This is supposed to be a polite discussion, and calling out someone for a lack of knowledge on the part of one franchise is not acceptable. Similarly, you are showing a lack of knowledge about certain areas in your own debating, but we are not insulting you, are we?

Do not do this again.

I'm not confident in their abilities to destroy a horcrux; Narsil has enchantments, but nothing along those lines, and we don't know very much about Sauron's mace at all.
It's just a mace, sauron was using the ring for power so he could've used anything to the same result, i'm pretty sure the mace isn't even a thing in the books anyway.

That's just IGNORANT. You don't know nothing about LotR. The ring could only be broken in the flames where it was forged
Excuse me? I knew about lotr before elijah wood turned into a midget
Here's another, in the harry potter universe dragons are literally used for sport, in lotr one took an entire kingdom and turned it into a bachelor pad
Also lotr has a low number of competent mages, in hp they raise them in the thousands, seems one sided to me as to which dark lord would be stronger given the environment

Here's another, in the harry potter universe dragons are literally used for sport, in lotr one took an entire kingdom and turned it into a bachelor pad
Also lotr has a low number of competent mages, in hp they raise them in the thousands, seems one sided to me as to which dark lord would be stronger given the environment

I've already responded to his insult, you don't need to get in the last word.

It's just a mace, Sauron was using the ring for power so he could've used anything to the same result, i'm pretty sure the mace isn't even a thing in the books anyway.
Corrected Lord Sauron name for ya. But, the mace is not common. Also, The Ring could be used to make Voldy tell orcs where the horcruxes are and them make him kill himself. Also, Sauron could not be killed, as he is immortal, so i don't see how Voldy win. I know Elder Wand just don't killed Harry because it is tecnically his, but Voldemort could have been smarter than that. So let's see:

Sauron:
-Haves a nose
-Was defeated by a group of trained adults with a Maiar and a legendary sword.
-Never really died

Voldemort:
-Defeated by a group of teenagers
-Died
-Dont have a nose! OHMYGOSH(jk)

Armys:
Sauron=9 Nazgul,1 Witch King, A TON of orcs, uruks, etc (he could recruit smaug for money)

Voldemort- A ton of strong death eaters,dementors and other things.

Sauron Witch King haves magic stronger than DE, and himself can use magic.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424123264][/DOUBLEPOST]
But Smaug is not a common dragon. Compare him to most HP Dragons and you'll see.

I've already responded to his insult, you don't need to get in the last word.
I hadn't seen your response sorry.
I don't called him ignorant, i said that what he said was ignorant. Anyway, i won't.

Corrected Lord Sauron name for ya. But, the mace is not common. Also, The Ring could be used to make Voldy tell orcs where the horcruxes are and them make him kill himself. Also, Sauron could not be killed, as he is immortal, so i don't see how Voldy win. I know Elder Wand just don't killed Harry because it is tecnically his, but Voldemort could have been smarter than that. So let's see:

Sauron:
-Haves a nose
-Was defeated by a group of trained adults with a Maiar and a legendary sword.
-Never really died

Voldemort:
-Defeated by a group of teenagers
-Died
-Dont have a nose! OHMYGOSH(jk)

Armys:
Sauron=9 Nazgul,1 Witch King, A TON of orcs, uruks, etc (he could recruit smaug for money)

Voldemort- A ton of strong death eaters,dementors and other things.

Sauron Witch King haves magic stronger than DE, and himself can use magic.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424123264][/DOUBLEPOST]
But Smaug is not a common dragon. Compare him to most HP Dragons and you'll see.
I think you're letting bias blind you from some obvious facts in this fight, a flaming eyeball has no chance agains a fully realised wizard packing insta kill.
Strength or weapons are laughable at best against a phrase that'll kill you. The dragon example was a reference to the difference in power the two franchises share.

I think you're letting bias blind you from some obvious facts in this fight, a flaming eyeball has no chance agains a fully realised wizard packing insta kill.
Strength or weapons are laughable at best against a phrase that'll kill you. The dragon example was a reference to the difference in power the two franchises share.
Insta-kill on living things, mayhaps. Also, Sauron is not a flaming eye. We're going straight book canon.

What? Sauron never turned into a tower with a eye in books. Books are the source, at least if you read them. I only got 2 HP books, and i prefer the movie.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424123892][/DOUBLEPOST]
Insta-kill on living things, mayhaps. Also, Sauron is not a flaming eye. We're going straight book canon.
Yeah, Sauron never was a eyeball

This contradicts a lot of what I've read about horcruxes. Living beings aside, the items were NOT easily destroyed; only a handful of things were capable of killing them, Fiendfyre being one example, Basilisk Venom being an unusual second example. They were fairly heavily enchanted to be mostly invulnerable to damage.
I believe that a lot of the weapons that the main heroes/villians had in LotR would fit this criteria, and Middle Earth was not short on its supply of valuable/powerful magical weapons and artifacts.

What I meant was that the horcruxes seemed, in my general observations, to be able only to be destroyed early by magical artifacts, but would naturally wear (age) and die with the item it was bound to. Granted, HP wasn't even long enough for Nagini to die (of "natural" causes), so we'd never know for sure.

Some things to think about:

• Wasn't the Great Gate of Gondor was broken by a spell coming from the Witch-King, and not by the physical impact of Grond the battering ram? If so, that says something about what the Nazgul could do in terms of magic.
  • How much harm would a Patronus do to a Nazgul? I imagine it would at least have some effect.
  • Sauron's a Maia, right? According to the Silmarillion, they were near-immune to magic, so that would likely make a difference. Never mind, this point has been made already. (I think)

Last edited:
I believe that a lot of the weapons that the main heroes/villians had in LotR would fit this criteria, and Middle Earth was not short on its supply of valuable/powerful magical weapons and artifacts.

What I meant was that the horcruxes seemed, in my general observations, to be able only to be destroyed early by magical artifacts, but would naturally wear (age) and die with the item it was bound to. Granted, HP wasn't even long enough for Nagini to die (of "natural" causes), so we'd never know for sure.

if that was true,(not saying it isn't) then fiendfyre would be able to destroy the ring. and no, horcruxes do not age. first off, they're just sitting there, and they're also heavily enchanted, so it would probably take thousands of years for a horcrux to completely deteriorate, if it did at all.
What? Sauron never turned into a tower with a eye in books. Books are the source, at least if you read them. I only got 2 HP books, and i prefer the movie.

Yeah, Sauron never was a eyeball

i've been reading the books, and multiple times it mentions sauron as a flaming eye, such as when pippin looked in the palantir.

Back
Top Bottom