PC In your opinion, what is the toughest invasion to defeat?

Luchapaw

Terrarian
Quite a simple question, I'm expecting replies other than Martian Invasion, because from what I have seen, it doesnt look that hard.

Also, personal side question, is it possible to cancel the pirate invasion? I saw the message appear on my singleplayer world and quit immediately, thinking it would cancel it, as I was really not prepared to face it (Im a coward, I know...).

Pirates usually get me if they come early. And they tend to do that quite often. Once i even had to escape to my caves with a spell tome and bookcase, and collect materials for crystal storm, and make it down there, then return up and fight em. Im usually prepared for martians, same goes for goblins.

Pirates usually get me if they come early. And they tend to do that quite often. Once i even had to escape to my caves with a spell tome and bookcase, and collect materials for crystal storm, and make it down there, then return up and fight em. Im usually prepared for martians, same goes for goblins.
Well, pirates come relativley lat for me, like when I have Orichalcum/Mythril armor. Meanwhile, the goblin invasion likes coming when I'm almost done preparing for EYOC

Well, pirates come relativley lat for me, like when I have Orichalcum/Mythril armor. Meanwhile, the goblin invasion likes coming when I'm almost done preparing for EYOC
As long as you dont break a shadow orb/crimson heart, they wont spawn. So stick to regular weps that dont require you to break orbs, and you'll be fine. (I think thats how it goes, 200 health and a broken orb/heart).

The Pirate Invasion isn't that hard for me when I'm prepared. I can easily bunker myself and spam a yo-yo (like Amarok) at them. The Goblin Invasion is easy except the Goblin Summoner which's summon attack is quite annoying.

It's hard to tell. I hate the Goblin Summoner boss, but I can't think about the hardest invasion. The Martian Invasion is hard, but it's easy to block most of the attacks. Just create a tower or something like that, place walls and spam something that summons projectiles (like the Daedalus Stormbow) to kill the Saucers.

As long as you dont break a shadow orb/crimson heart, they wont spawn. So stick to regular weps that dont require you to break orbs, and you'll be fine. (I think thats how it goes, 200 health and a broken orb/heart).
Breaking the orbs is very useful to me though; I almost always fight the EYOC w/ musket/Undertaker and it would be very hard for me if i didn't. Anyway; I meant first time. Now I just drop grenades on them and die about every 10% I reach on the war bar.

It depends. If pirates random invade you early, you have nooooo chance.

Martians are very clearly the hardest, but there's hardly a way you can enter it unprepared. You consent to it and that means you don't have an excuse not to be geared up, so this lowers its threat potential.

The celestial events are described as an invasion of celestial creatures in-game; it's pretty clear cut that that's the one true answer.

The celestial events are described as an invasion of celestial creatures in-game; it's pretty clear cut that that's the one true answer.
Considering that if you so desire, you can avoid the event entirely, I wouldnt class it as a true invasion. Sure, it called an invasion, but they dont actively seek out and attack, they wait for you to arrive. Plus, with proper prep work, and after a couple of kills of the event, it becomes quite trivial.

Martian Madness is actually really tough if you play like me and never reforge. My first Martian Madness I still only had Golem Teir gear with no modifiers because I don't want to waste money to be able to defeat the Moons. Goblin Army is pathetically easy, I always just break my first Shadow Orb at 180 HP, and then I have Meteor Armor by the time I actually fight the Goblins.

Quite a simple question, I'm expecting replies other than Martian Invasion, because from what I have seen, it doesnt look that hard.

Also, personal side question, is it possible to cancel the pirate invasion? I saw the message appear on my singleplayer world and quit immediately, thinking it would cancel it, as I was really not prepared to face it (Im a coward, I know...).
I'd say the Frost Moon unless the Lunar thing counts.

Solar Eclipse is HARD first time around but now I can do it with my eyes closed. Seriously I have an arena. ANYWAYS I'm going with that because the reapers and mothrons can go through blocks so they muck up the arena now.

Pirates. I still remember when they ambushed me when I had Molten and Night's Edge...

I actually ran and ended up in the snow, so I went underground and got a Frostbrand. I thought that would help, but no...

I had a really tough time with Expert Martian Madness. Pirates are a real pain in the :red: early on until you at least get Palladium or Mythril armor. Goblin Invasion pre-hardmode is no biggie, but those Summoners with Jungle Armor tho.

Solar Eclipse is HARD first time around but now I can do it with my eyes closed. Seriously I have an arena. ANYWAYS I'm going with that because the reapers and mothrons can go through blocks so they muck up the arena now.
Interesting you should say that. On first entering hardmode I got two Solar Eclipses nearly back-to-back, the first immediately after a Blood Moon. I didn't have too much trouble with either. That was in 1.2.4.

Last night I had a Blood Moon / Solar Eclipse double-header, and the head was mine. Owie owie owie. Died two or three times before I could get home to fetch Turtle Armor and heavy weaponry. Better gear went up against 1.3 monsters — lots of 'em! Does the eclipse crew get tougher post-Plantera? Time to consult the wiki. [eta] Yuppers, additional enemies after beating all three mech bosses and still more after beating Plantera. That explains the surprise party.

Back
Top Bottom