Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
There are significant inconsistencies in which enemies the Slime Staff drops from – while many slime enemies drop the Slime Staff, several do not, seemingly without any logical reason.

Lava Slimes, Dungeon Slimes, Umbrella Slimes, Gastropods, and Rainbow Slimes are five slime enemies that currently have no chance of dropping the Slime Staff. Corrupt Slimes and Crimslimes don't drop the Slime Staff either, despite the fact that Slimers (a Corruption enemy) do. And while King Slime's Spiked Slimes have a chance of dropping it, Queen Slime's minions don't.

I suggest that all of these enemies receive gain the Slime Staff as a drop, as Sand Slimes did in 1.3. (Note that Sand Slimes have a droprate that is for some reason inconsistent with most other slime enemies; they have a 0.013% chance of dropping it instead of 0.01%. I propose that the Slime Staff droprate of all slime enemies (except Pinky) be raised to match the Sand Slime's.)

I've pretty much been told not to touch Slime Staff drop rates, certainly not a blanket buff to drop rates.

I'll look into Queen Slime minions to match with King Slime, but the rest fall under Red's decision making and I'm not going to overrule that.

I'll look into Queen Slime minions to match with King Slime, but the rest fall under Red's decision making and I'm not going to overrule that.
Does that include Corrupt Slimes and Crimslimes? It still seems very strange to me that Slimers should drop the staff alone, and not these others. I understand about not wanting to buff the drop rates, but what about those enemies? Umbrella Slimes seem like they should definitely drop it as well.

Apologies for the blatant pedantry.

I don't know why Red chose which slimes for inclusion in the list. I only know that Queen Slime slimes are so new in coming that it is clearly MY oversight that they are not there, and so I'll remedy that.

Back
Top Bottom