Weapons & Equip Incorporating the pocket mirror into the ankh shield

I believe it's really annoying that one of the worst debuffs to get, "stoned", is not included in the ankh shield, and I'd have to take up an entire extra accessory slot just to use the pocket mirror, however, I think there's a rather simple solution to being able to change the crafting chain up to slide it in.

Mirror Shield:
Cobalt Shield
Cobalt_Shield.png
+ Pocket Mirror
Pocket_Mirror.png
= Mirror Shield
Mirror_Shield.png

Mirror_Shield_Equiped.png

Has the same qualities as the cobalt shield and pocket mirror in one accessory.

Purple Mirror Shield:

Obsidian Shield
Obsidian_Shield.png
+ Pocket Mirror
Pocket_Mirror.png
= Purple Mirror Shield
Purple_Mirror_Shield.png

Obsidian Skull
Obsidian_Skull.png
+ Mirror Shield
Mirror_Shield.png
= Purple Mirror Shield
Purple_Mirror_Shield.png

Purple_Mirror_Shield_Equiped.png

Has the same qualities as the cobalt shield, obsidian skull, and pocket mirror in one accessory.

Ankh Shield:

Purple Mirror Shield
Purple_Mirror_Shield.png
+ Ankh Charm
Ankh_Charm.png
= Ankh Shield
Ankh_Shield.png

Keep in mind that the Pocket Mirror is a rare drop from a uncommon enemy. So including it midway through the Ankh Shield will quite harm the ability to craft it.
Though, I do think it would be amazing if this could be a thing, because it's otherwise a wasted oppurnity for a Mirror Shield.

Is a great suggestion but..
Make it to craft obsidian shield THEN add the mirror. Mirrors only in hard mode, and obsidian shield is craftable beforehand, so.. obsidian shield THEN mirror. Also obsidian mirror. Not purple mirror.
I personally don't see what's wrong with having both recipes, and also I thought "purple" sounded better and less repetitive than "obsidian".
Keep in mind that the Pocket Mirror is a rare drop from a uncommon enemy. So including it midway through the Ankh Shield will quite harm the ability to craft it.
Though, I do think it would be amazing if this could be a thing, because it's otherwise a wasted oppurnity for a Mirror Shield.
to be fair, most items required in the ankh shield are uncommon items dropped by uncommon enemies, like the nazar, for example. It only has a 1% drop rate, and the enemies it drops from are rather difficult to find.

Reflectior Sheild
I still think mirror shield sounds better, as it's already an iconic item in multiple other games like Zelda and Kid Icarus, and it's a real thing that originates from ancient greece in the story of Medusa, since Perseus polished his shield until it was reflective enough that he could use it as a mirror to see Medusa without direct eye contact, and that's how he killed her (which is very fitting given the context of what the mirror shield would be used for in terraria).

I still think mirror shield sounds better, as it's already an iconic item in multiple other games like Zelda and Kid Icarus, and it's a real thing that originates from ancient greece in the story of Medusa, since Perseus polished his shield until it was reflective enough that he could use it as a mirror to see Medusa without direct eye contact, and that's how he killed her (which is very fitting given the context of what the mirror shield would be used for in terraria).
Okie

I fully agree with this... but I would go a step further.

Honestly, it's obscene how many debuffs the ankh shield doesn't protect from given how hard it is already to craft. Granted, most of these were introduced after the shield.

Thus I think the Ankh shield needs a SECOND tree entirely (not changing how to craft the ankh shield beyond your mirror shield addition, but adding another accessoire tree that includes the Hand Warmers (Frozen & Chilled), Charm of Myths (HP Regen & Potion sickness), Magic Cuffs (Mana Regen, Mana when damaged), and New accessoires that protect from Venom, Cursed Inferno, On fire!, Blackout, Withered Armor, Ichor as well as potentially Electrified, Distorted and Moonbite (though probably JUST electrified) which creates another Item that can be combined with the Ankh Shield to create a new shield (Aegis, aka, shield of Athena, shield of gods, shield of a thousand dragons)

It would be a neutral-class accessory that would basically be the equivalent of the new Terrablade... bonus point if it's got a descent defense boost. (+9 maybe?)

Mind you, this could be a Pre or post moonlord accessoir. Potentially the ultimate preparation against him? Or the thing that makes farming him easier afert you first beat him.

What ppowersteef said. I don't think anyone will ever use that mirror. It's too useless to sacrifice a slot for it.
I like the idea of it being added, and think it'll be just as easy to add the mirror to a finished Ankh shield.
Ankh_Shield.png
+
Pocket_Mirror.png
=
mirror_shield.png

The name, Mirror Shield or Reflector Shield or whatever. I'm never a fan of any item name with 'true' in it. It's not very imaginative.

I do think it's silly that a shiny shield cannot protect us from the Medusa when that's literally how she was defeated in the myth. Um, spoilers for a millenia-old myth, I guess.

In fact, given that it was a shiny shield and not a true mirror, why not just add Medusa protection to the Armor Polish? Sure it'd make the Pocket Mirror less useful, but so what.

But yes, an upgrade tree for the Ankh Shield to protect against all the newer and later-game debuffs would be cool too. We don't get knocked about by a slap from Skeletron Prime but a Mighty Wind can move us? Kinda weird.

This seems like the best option, and it could be called the true Ankh shield.
The paladin could drop a rusty shield, to be the ankh shield's broken hero sword.
What ppowersteef said. I don't think anyone will ever use that mirror. It's too useless to sacrifice a slot for it.
I like the idea of it being added, and think it'll be just as easy to add the mirror to a finished Ankh shield.
Ankh_Shield.png
+
Pocket_Mirror.png
=
mirror_shield.png

The name, Mirror Shield or Reflector Shield or whatever. I'm never a fan of any item name with 'true' in it. It's not very imaginative.
I agree, but its good temporary name so we remember this is and upgrade to ankh shield specifally and not the ultimate shield acsessory.

Back
Top Bottom