Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello! Tuesday I posted a thread indicating an incorrect translation of the Molten Fury and Fiery Greatsword. Since then I noticed the quantity of major errors present in the PT-BR translation, and oh boy were there more than I expected. So, for a better experience for all players that speak Portuguese, these errors may be fixed. Keep in mind that I'm a native Portuguese and am very fluent in English!

I utilized Utilizador:Dinoxel/pt.json to easily check all of the PT-BR translations.

So, lets start:

"{0} derrotou o {1}o {2}!" makes the player think they've killed more enemies than they actually did. For example, "Altnando derrotou o 100o Coelhinho". With the ingame font, it seems like i've killed 1000 Bunnies, when in reality I've only killed 100. This could be solved by using " ° " instead of an "o". I was always confused by this, and my friends were too.

The next one is a big one. Really.
Death messages have a period waaayy too early.
For example, "Mataram Pixelnando. por Zumbi.". That translated would mean "They killed Pixelnando. by Zombie." This could be solved by changing the order of the name and death style, and removing the period. For example, "Pixelnando foi morto por Zumbi.". This happens with EVERY type of death message caused by entities.
1597021368477.png

The death messages caused by unknown entities/nobody are fine, except some have an extra period. For example, "Pixelnando was eviscerated." works fine as "Estraçalharam Pixelnando.." but it does contain an extra period. Only when an entity kills the player is when the order needs to be reversed.
1597019080555.png

In different languages, sometimes nouns require specification of gender.
In English, "Queen Bee was defeated" is totally fine, but in Portuguese, "Abelha Rainha foi derrotado!" sounds totally wrong. It should be "Abelha Rainha foi derrotada!". I know this might require more than just simple translation edits, but it would make the game a little bit better. Another example is with NPCs. "Amy the Mechanic has arrived!" is perfectly fine in English, but when rendered to the official translation, "Amy o Mecânico chegou!", when the NPC is clearly a girl, is very strange.

"Light Pet" is translated as "Animal Leve". The translators may have confused the Light adjective, that is, something not dark, with Light, that is, something not heavy. In conclusion, it should be "Animal de Luz".

Two enemies named "Agarrador" exist. One is the Snatcher, who lives in the Jungle, and the other is the Clinger, which lives in the Underground Corruption. This could confuse players when talking about them. It even lead to us in the PT-BR Wiki having to specify "Agarrador (jungle)" and "Agarrador (Corruption)".

That's all for now, if I do find any other errors in the translation, I will notify you all.

Last edited:
Localisation issues are being fixed in 1.4.1 already, no localisation fixes or updates were included in 1.4.
There's no need to report any issues until that update as they're already being worked on.

Localisation issues are being fixed in 1.4.1 already, no localisation fixes or updates were included in 1.4.
There's no need to report any issues until that update as they're already being worked on.
Aight. I'm just bringing light to some of the errors I have noticed so they aren't left out when updating the localization. I mean, some of these are pretty big, it would be a shame if the developers missed them and missed their opportunity to fix them forever.

Aight. I'm just bringing light to some of the errors I have noticed so they aren't left out when updating the localization. I mean, some of these are pretty big, it would be a shame if the developers missed them and missed their opportunity to fix them forever.
Localisation is done by a third party (the devs can't speak the languages afterall!), and they don't check the forum - they're just sent a batch of strings to translate.

Localisation is done by a third party (the devs can't speak the languages afterall!), and they don't check the forum - they're just sent a batch of strings to translate.
Would be nice if they were sent those errors so they can fix them. But if in the end it doesn't get fixed, it doesn't impact the main point of the game, the game itself. It's just mild inconveniences.

The translation of the "Ankh Shield" currently says that it protects against falls in PT-BR, when in English and in fact it protects against "Knockback":
1.png

But in "Obsidian Shield" the translation is more correct apparently:
2.png

It seems that in the end it is not usually possible to have a perfect translation for all languages, especially in a game like this with several languages.

Back
Top Bottom