Console Increase Maximum Buffs

Felix-The-Ghost

Terrarian
According to the wiki, PC has a maximum of 22 buffs you can have active at once.
PS4 has 16. Now I hadn't played the game much until this last update, where I noticed this.

I was fighting Duke Fishron and I almost reported a bug that some potions wouldn't activate with the quick-buff button.
It's very easy to hit this limit with the addition of many potions in the fishing update. Could we please increase this to be equal with PC?

Hmm. For me the limit hasn't caused any issues, but I'm not a heavy potion/buff user. Against Duke (with Mage loadout) I usually only use the Crystal Ball and a Water Walking Potion. Only when trying to reach a high-score with Frost Moon I use several potions, but not so many that I hit the limit.

Anyways, since the last update before 1.3 has been released already there isn't really any point in asking for fixes like this (or for bugfixes in general). That train has already left the station. Since PipeWorks are doing a complete rewrite all the old code with their bugs will be tossed in the recycle bin. The new console 1.3 will probably have the same features as the PC counterpart (+ a few bugs of it's own, since no software project is ever free of them).

Out of curiosity, what buffs/potions are you using to hit the limit?

From what I hear the mage loadout is... very effective on console :)

I'm recording a "theatrical" fight for my Youtube Channel. I'm utilizing:
  1. Pet
  2. Campfire
  3. Heart Lantern
  4. Water Candle
  5. Flask of Ichor
  6. Water Walking Potion
  7. Flipper Potion
  8. Featherfall Potion
  9. Endurance Potion
  10. Ironskin Potion
  11. Thorns Potions
  12. Heartreach Potion
  13. Ammo Reservation Potion
  14. Pumpkin Pie
  15. Rage Potion
  16. Regeneration Potion
  17. Swiftness Potion
  18. Wrath Potion
  19. Lifeforce Potion
I could've utilized ammobox, honey, a minion, a light source, Gills Potion, or Inferno Potion. Now I have to figure out how to use only 16. Come to think of it I wonder what happens when an enemy hits you with a debuff. I bet you lose one of your buffs to make room huh.

Ah, so you're doing a Ranger run. I've never been very successful with that class. :/
As for the buffs, do you really need the Flipper and Gills Potions? I always try to stay above surface. Should an accident happen, my Wings will help me.

and
Come to think of it I wonder what happens when an enemy hits you with a debuff. I bet you lose one of your buffs to make room huh.
is a very good question!

Gills would be a quality of life potion, I'm not using it currently. I am using flipper potion and featherfall potion because my build doesn't have wings.

Append: no gravity potions for this fight

Hmm, good luck with the fight. I always find Wings are necessary against Duke for dodging and such.

I've had a few practice runs and I can do it pretty comfortably :)

Agreed, wings and master ninja gear help for dodging, but I'm doing a "themed" fight that will make sense when I post the video.

From what I hear the mage loadout is... very effective on console :)

I'm recording a "theatrical" fight for my Youtube Channel. I'm utilizing:
  1. Pet
  2. Campfire
  3. Heart Lantern
  4. Water Candle
  5. Flask of Ichor
  6. Water Walking Potion
  7. Flipper Potion
  8. Featherfall Potion
  9. Endurance Potion
  10. Ironskin Potion
  11. Thorns Potions
  12. Heartreach Potion
  13. Ammo Reservation Potion
  14. Pumpkin Pie
  15. Rage Potion
  16. Regeneration Potion
  17. Swiftness Potion
  18. Wrath Potion
  19. Lifeforce Potion
I could've utilized ammobox, honey, a minion, a light source, Gills Potion, or Inferno Potion. Now I have to figure out how to use only 16. Come to think of it I wonder what happens when an enemy hits you with a debuff. I bet you lose one of your buffs to make room huh.
That's a lot of potions, are they really necessary?
What boss or event are they for?
Also, I've heard that stacking ammo reservation doesn't do much of a difference, so with one buff (ammo box) should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom