increased spawn rate buff doesnt work anymore?

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
i have been trying to use blue candles from the dungeon to get more enemies to spawn so i can try farming some items... but as i do this, i am noticing something... the spawn rate doesnt really seem to change.

for instance, i used a blue candle on a floating island to speed up the collection of souls of flight... and despite waiting there for quite awhile, almost nothing showed up.

one or two harpies popped up every couple minutes, and only one wyvern spawned, and it took a long time for that to happen.

i am also trying to do this same thing in the underworld to collect a fire feather from red devils, but despite spending HOURS down there, the spawn rate seems unaffected, and red devils seem to appear very rarely.

this has to be a bug... cause i remember blue candles making enemies spawn in large swarms before, but it no longer seems to do so.

you have to place the water candle in a table or a platform, although if you hold it you'll have the debuff too. wiki says if you place one candle and hold another one you'll increase the spawn rate, I'm not sure, and I also have the feeling that if you just stay there without doing nothing monsters tend to spawn less than when you're building or doing something...I'm not sure about that though I think it could be my perception.

i have placed candles on tables as well as held them in my hand... i just dont notice a difference.

it might just be me... but i figured i'd mention it, just incase something is not working right.

everytime i mention something like this, people seem to keep responding with the most obvious thing that anyone who played for more than a day should know... i've been playing this game for a very long time, now... i know all the obvious stuff. :/

I can't say that I've noticed the water candle not working. Seems to create more enemies when I use it.

You may have already done this, but have you checked on the map to see the enemy dots? There may be more enemies but they are trapped in caves or behind structures. If you've got little enemy dots on the map make sure to go kill those enemies so they aren't adding to your spawn cap. But again, you may have already taken that into consideration.

And maybe try a Battle potion to help increase your spawn rates if you're not finding the water candle to be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom