Game Mechanics Infected Players

I posted a terraria-related art on my DeviantArt and this fellow deviant came and commented about what would happen if the crimson or the corruption infects an actual terrarian.

This got me thinking:

If the player dies in a respective biome, wether its crimson or corruption would they rise once more as a zombie with a highly intelligent AI and would go to attack the newly respawned player with almost the same equipment but their sprites would differ depending if it was either crimson or corruption.

What do you guys think?

Something like a mini-boss in the Crimson/Corruption? It's an interesting idea. Not sure the feasibility of varying equipment or sprites, but it could change based on world progression. Start -> Any boss defeated -> WoF defeated -> Any mech boss defeated -> Platera defeated. Each stage would have better armour and weapons than the one before it.

There's also the possibility that if you keep dying to the zombie, then you keep summoning more zombies. :D

Could also make a Hallowed version?

I don't know how balanced this would be but it would definitely make for an interesting scenario! Makes me excited :D

i was thinking of an Expert Mode feature. But it would really be interesting and a rather punishing consequence for dying in the corruption or crimson. Could say the same for the Hallow as well.

i was thinking of an Expert Mode feature. But it would really be interesting and a rather punishing consequence for dying in the corruption or crimson. Could say the same for the Hallow as well.
What happens if you die in the hallow? You become a fairy? :eek:

I would like to see this implemented, as it would be an interesting idea. Although it brings up a question. Should it only be for Mediumcore characters or all characters?

I would like to see this implemented, as it would be an interesting idea. Although it brings up a question. Should it only be for Mediumcore characters or all characters?
If the devs are putting this to perspective, then i'd think of mediumcore characters. Cos I would imagine the difficulty if these resurrections would be a lot tougher than the rest of the NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom