tModLoader Infinite world - A proof of concept that prove nothing is impossible (W.I.P)

This looks amazing! :D Do you plan on any biomes or structures like corruption/crimson for example generating past the boundary?

dotnet_3K8Mixzpwp.png

But what if someone got into a Mappy Railgun and used portal gun to escape it?
Then said person would be going absurdly fast, lagging their computer to death, and possibly outracing the procedural generation!

But what if someone got into a Mappy Railgun and used portal gun to escape it?
Then said person would be going absurdly fast, lagging their computer to death, and possibly outracing the procedural generation!
Maybe it's like Starbound where you hit an invisible wall until the next part of the world generates?
(Trust me, I've hit that wall too many times because I go so fast...)

Rewrotte the chunk system with some help, not perfect but it's getting there again (all the 1.3 code is no longer valid)
Some change from 1.3 tough is that I made Y not infinite and it's not infinite toward the left side. In the meanwhile, here is a map of the planned ore gen and a screenshot of the current progress.
1708489144689.png

1708489286435.png

Well, this is not infinite world, but here is a side project which infinite world does use. In fact, I'd say this library which was built in infinite world is the whole reason why it is possible.
Quick update on this, pushed an update that allow the game to restart once the patching is done and linux/mac support :)

Well, this is not infinite world, but here is a side project which infinite world does use. In fact, I'd say this library which was built in infinite world is the whole reason why it is possible.
Another quick update, added the possibility to inject easily dependencies into the modloader configuration files. I added this feature because I may or may not be using a seperate librairy for inf world

Lastly, I made said library open source for the curious (this does not include the patch, only chunk system and world gen):

Back
Top Bottom