Map-Adventure Infinity - Massive Sandbox Adventure Map. Hardmode Start

Manipulator

Terrarian
Welcome to Infinity!
This is a Massive sandbox adventure map aimed at enhancing the vanilla Terraria experience while adding in adventure/dungeon aspects.

The entire world is completely remade with plenty of unique Dungeons and biomes to explore. There's always something new to Find!
This map blends Classic Terraria gameplay with Dungeon exploration for character progression.

Discover the secret lore of Infinity.

Promo Video for the Map <

In a regular Terraria playthrough, by the time you enter hardmode (with the fun Items and cool Enemies)
Your entire world is more or less already explored... (leaving me with this feeling of constant back tracking)

Infinity starts in Hardmode! I wanted The most interesting aspects of the game to be experienced in tandem with
that sweet world Exploration, on a Map with brand new Biomes and Interesting Dungeons spread throughout.

Early character progression is essentially in fast forward, up until you get to early hardmode power.
The first Few moments can be very difficult. Don't lose heart!

--

Rules:
1. Make a new Character

Explore around, Cheese a dungeon, Make shortcuts, Build whatever..

--

Downloads:

Infinity Download for Expert mode <<
Infinity Download for Normal mode <<

--

Notes:

* Multiplayer is possible. there are multiples of key accessories, different build paths will be necessary though

* All chests in all caverns have been removed. you can find all 'chest only' items in dungeons

* Only one "Cell Phone" can be made (Its possible)

* Music Boxes and monoliths will never lead to secret paths (don't wanna waste your time)

* Besides the first house, Dressers will almost never contain items ( save some time )

* The world was tested almost exclusivly in expert mode! If its too easy in Normal mode, that's why

* Heads up! There is no need to ever fight the wall of flesh unless you want to get your hands on certain items sooner

* No dungeons will be found in hell... sorry :(

* There are 3 demon hearts in key locations ( the more you know! )

* Currently, the lore scattered around the map is incomplete...

* If you use ModLoader, there's a common bug with the lunar event; Celestial Pillars will destroy themselves automatically.
Fix: open with the Normal Terraria app.

If there's any late game item that you find impossible to obtain, let me know!

--

Build help:

Church with bell, by Khaios

Dreams Castle, by user_23260460 ?

misc landscapes, by Tim Hjersted

adventure time tree fort, by _ForgeUser17086070 ?

--

Credit:
Made almost exclusively by me! Anthony

My Main Youtube Account <
Instagram: @sangawich

-

Biggest inspirations for this map actually came from

Story of Red Cloud by Tim Hjersted & Isle of Voices by _ForgeUser19615892 ??

I really wanna see some playthroughs of this map. if you make any vids, Id love to watch!

This looks great! I’ll try it tonight. It would be nice of world gen had the option of premise structures...

This map is CRIMINALLY underrated. I've said this on the workshop page but good god is this a whole. new. experience. You'll start off flailing - it's hardmode, and you start between both evils in a pit on the left and a trapped graveyard to the right - but you'll rapidly ramp up in progression pace from there until you hit regular hardmode.

I'm gonna go into a review here, but tl;dr: I rate this map out-of-this-world/10, even if it's a little outdated.
Spoiled both for ease of essay reading & spoilers.

Map Overview​

Disclaimer since it's not clear on the mother post, there's out of sequence items ofc, but they're balanced surprisingly well, and are generally better the harder it was to get them.

You'll find chests with potions and minor gear on ledges, Festive Wings at the end of a short dungeon, a Portal Gun in a not-really-hidden area, etc.. To be clear, potions that are more out of the way come in 30s and tend to be ones you need to fish for so exploring is still worth it even if you have good gear already - you'll probably find better out in the wilds by the way, crafted gear included. OP also mentioned on CurseForge that the fishing gear you need for the Cellphone is in hidden chests too, so another W for exploreres. I'm not spoiling the loot past that since the finds are part of the experience imo, but the stuff around spawn is good precedence for what to come for the adventurous.

Speaking of, the start is really unique in that you have to get crafty when you run up against a hardmode enemy (or even just a swarm of regular ones). You can avoid them sure, but then there's the opportunity cost of missing out on money & hardmode gear. The question of "how are you gonna power up" is a BLAST to figure out here, especially with how spread out the movement options are (well they're not really far but it'll feel that way when you're hitting Corruptors with a Starfury and a Paint Gun).

On the topic of environments, you'll usually hang around the middle-right in the beginning since you're met by Corruption farther right. The flanking evils kinda gate progress to me, but it's not like you can't build a skybridge of dirt past either if you don't like that mindset (I just didn't).

Anyway, I think the biomes & dungeons are undersold here. You'll get a taste of this in the graveyard, but there's a difference between panning around a build and frantically disarming its traps while running from its monsters that can't really be told through video lmao. Back to the topic - somehow this wizard has managed to make the whole thing overall consistent? There's some uncanny and out of left field stuff at first glance but put into context? Yeah these fit just fine. Really captures Terraria's spirit imo, especially the structures & revamped biomes.

Most (barring like, one) are overtly dangerous - either because you're punching above your weight in its biome, because there's specially placed traps/spawners/pits to make things harder, or because it's a case of both. The difficulty on these is on point in case it wasn't clear. In my first playthrough I beat Plantera, headed towards an area I hadn't explored yet with the best gear at that tier, and still, I got both whooped and a satisfying haul when I was through (including better gear!)

Now that I mentioned it, there's structures you could easily flip into housing (a handful use player-placed walls) but you'll have to go & fix them first. Nothing's for free, after all!

I can only really outline the start because this map has no rules. You can do anything past "get tf out of spawn". Hell you can do anything as soon as you spawn in. Wanna bum rush the evils? Good luck with the pit but sure, maybe build a dirt tunnel to get the loot there early. Wanna break the player sensors triggering the graveyard's statues? Please do actually, because I don't see another way to it past going around! Wanna steal all the life crystals in the starter chest and leave your buddy with 100 max HP? Oh, don't get me started...

Playthrough 2: My Bro I'mma Hurt You​

Tl;dr: Friend stole the heart crystals in the starting chest, I take revenge using a portal gun, we have a blast dying & exploring.

I've been vague for this whole post so that I don't spoil much of the map itself. There's a lot to spoil tbf, it's huge and got work done on almost every nook & cranny, but with that in mind, I'll be going into detail about my current playthrough with my friend since it just started instead of my first solo game (couldn't finish it due to a flood anyway).

Quick context, I left the game loading while I did some quick chores, so by the time we were playing in proper it was already night time in-game.
"This sucks. (A few seconds later) I CAN'T USE MY INVENTORY WITHOUT DYING" - My friend in a message he left me while I was AFK
Said friend happened to take and use everything in the starter chest while I was gone, leaving me tabula rasa in a hardmode world while he had 7 extra hearts and a slew of gear. Did it matter? Nah, I'm a good dodger and we hit a full moon so we got whooped by Werewolves anyway lmao. With every death (most being a few seconds away from spawn) we steadily begun a bridge over the graveyard. I was tossed a Paint Gun to help with pest repellant but that just made us look sillier. Then using my regressor powers I remembered that there was a chest on a ledge below spawn, so we dug down to it instead for <loot my friend didn't give me I forgot what it was>. We saw a dark hallway nearby, so we dug some more, and wha'd'ya know, it's a Portal Gun and a branch of a bigger dungeon!

Cue a montage of us dying to falls, traps, and statue spawns, with me causing some with my Portal Gun. We used it to great effect later on though. It made the trip back from dying a lot quicker, let us circumvent traps, and came in clutch a few times already - so far we've dodged deaths from hoplites, possessed armor, wall crawlers, and medusa with it. Back to story time, after around a week of ingame time we finally got to the starter house, finding some gear along the way (me with Climbing Claws + Red Balloon + Aglet, my friend with a Cloud in a Bottle & a Shackle). I got a pair of Life Crystals too but I was still pretty squishy. We set up shop by getting tier 2 armor and some weapon upgrades (I got a Shotgun while my friend lucked out with a Nimbus Staff), almost won a Slime Rain but choked when I shot the wrong portal, then went back to explore the graveyard dungeon more. We battled our way through the gates of hell (literally; it leads to a hellevator*) and found ourselves stocks upon stocks of gear. My friend found the Wizard and got a Flower of Fire, while I got a Hellwing Bow, an Obsidian Armor Set, and a bunch of potions out of the ordeal. We found leads to new areas, but, that's as far as we've went in the 2 sessions we've played so far.

Caveats​

• It's outdated. There's no Shimmer, some of the newer on-generation items are absent, and this was before secret seeds, meaning this doesn't count as a Drunk world and doesn't have in mind, say, For the Worthy's extra difficulty, or The Constant's hunger. There's Master mode on CurseForge but no Journey mode version which is probably just a simple oversight (TEdit can ammend this anyway, the lack of Shimmer too if you have the discipline to restrict your vision to the Jungle's left edge)
  • You'll have to actively look to notice but there's some filler in the map space
  • I personally found it exhilerating but the augmented difficulty might feel sucky for others. Don't give up!
  • It's a custom map: you'll eventually find all there is to find and thus the replay value isn't as high as a regular game (still pretty high though, and no one's speedrun it yet afaik so...)

Conclusion​

In conclusion, Rainbow Infinity is hardly-old gold. You can see it in whatever way you want - a better starter world with easy loot & novel traps, an intense challenge world, a marvel of design, or a unique way to augment the Terraria experience. It offers change while still staying faithful, and provides new challenges with equally satisfying rewards. It's unreal how this just flew under the radar to me, even moreso that there's hardly others like it going around (World of Terra sounds close & is more present, though I've yet to try it). I'll gladly give this a 3rd playthrough, but I think I'll wait until I forget the secrets & loot before I do lol

Back
Top Bottom