Influx weaver vs Terra blade

Did you ever think that Influx Weaver is better than Terra Blade?

• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
I suppose that is true, though, having to use up 1 accessory slot on an item just to do what you could otherwise do with reforges is kinda 'meh'. But even if you have one of the lesser prefixes, the weapon is still brutal when you first get it. Having a Legendary version of it just makes you nearly invincible for awhile.
I wouldn't see why someone would not use the Mechanical Gauntlet and the Celestial Shell for a Melee build. They are quintessential for almost any kind of melee player because of the absurd stat boosts that they give. Using any other accessory in their place would seem like a waste, so you don't really need the Legendary prefix to make the Terra Blade very powerful. Accessories like those can go a looooooong way.

I wouldn't see why someone would not use the Mechanical Gauntlet and the Celestial Shell for a Melee build. They are quintessential for almost any kind of melee player because of the absurd stat boosts that they give. Using any other accessory in their place would seem like a waste, so you don't really need the Legendary prefix to make the Terra Blade very powerful. Accessories like those can go a looooooong way.

Celestial Shell, absolutely.

The Gauntlet? Meh. I never use the Gauntlet. I usually roll with:

Celestial Shell
Wings (Swap for Master Ninja Gear with UFO mount)
Boots (Swap for Destroyer Emblem with UFO mount)
Cross Necklace
Ankh Shield

Last night I discovered that the Influx Waver is just about the perfect pre-Moon Lord weapon for farming Golem quickly. It automatically stunlocks and kills his fists if you attack from the side, which lengthens the fight, but not much.

Terra blade dps : 95*60/15 ~400 dps , hits 4 times per second, if you smash your mouse
Influx waver dps : 110*60/19*3 ~990 dps , hits 3x3 times per second
Each projectile from the influx waver can hit up to 3 times the same target. This was tested on both a moddded super dummy, and eye of cthulu. I dont understand what you guys are arguing about

Terra blade dps : 95*60/15 ~400 dps , hits 4 times per second, if you smash your mouse
Influx waver dps : 110*60/19*3 ~990 dps , hits 3x3 times per second
Each projectile from the influx waver can hit up to 3 times the same target
. This was tested on both a moddded super dummy, and eye of cthulu. I dont understand what you guys are arguing about

It's called groups and segmented enemies (such as Wyverns, or that dragon the Cultist summons if you accidentally mess up and hit the wrong copy).

Terra Blade absolutely destroys things like the Solar Eclipse and the Solar Pillar (then you can make the Solar Eruption, which puts both weapons to shame).

Influx Waver is indeed better on single-target, but between Golem and Solar Pillar, how many Single-Target enemies do you actually fight? As soon as you kill Golem, your next priority should be getting a Solar Eruption which is a far superior weapon in every single category, hands-down. So your next move would be to kill the Lunatic Cultist.

Wanna know what Weapon works even better on him?

The Eye of Cthulhu. How do you get it? By doing Solar Eclipse. Which weapon is better at Solar Eclipse again? Right, the Terra Blade.

Also, you can get the Terra Blade before fighting Plantera, and it is the single best melee weapon to use on Plantera all-around (You could use the Baghnaks but that might be a bit dangerous) and it works rather nice on Golem if you know how to set his room up properly.

I agree that terra is much more useful due to availability and not competing with solar eruption.

Still, what I wrote was to answer the question of which is better if you have both swords, and aside from crowd control, pierce is not good at postgolem bosses , so the best bossing sword in the game is influx, not terra and not meowmere, though solar eruption makes swords a joke.

Btw , is there some viable arena arrangement to reliably hit bosses with meowmere bounces? That would beat waver by alot, but y

Last edited:
I made an account just for this 5-year-old post. The influx Waver is better. While the use time is technically slower. The Influx Waver shoots a projectile on every swing, while the Terra Blade does not. Couple that with the fact that the Influx Waver has better damage and hits multiple times, and you have yourself a better weapon than the Terra Blade.

I made an account just for this 5-year-old post. The influx Waver is better. While the use time is technically slower. The Influx Waver shoots a projectile on every swing, while the Terra Blade does not. Couple that with the fact that the Influx Waver has better damage and hits multiple times, and you have yourself a better weapon than the Terra Blade.

Different weapons for different occasions.

The influx waver fails when you are dealing with hordes of mobs, such as a solar eclipse. Now there are other weapons (coughsolareruptioncough) that easily outclass both of these weapons, when you consider the two weapons together, yes the Influx Waver will do more against a single target like a boss though the Terra Blade isn't so shabby at it either. But when you got a stream of mobs and when you have the Terra Blade reforged properly (Legendary, mainly), you just mow stuff down effortlessly and it works for anything that isn't Frost or Pumpkin Moon (then you need something a little higher power).

1.4 has brought new weapons and I've heard that the Zenith especially is ludicrously powerful, so there are definitely better weapons out there and as previously mentioned, the Solar Eruption easily outclass both.

Also, Terra Blade wins out against anything with segments thanks to its piercing nature (such as the worm the Cultist summons, and wyverns). But when you consider at what point in the game you have these two weapons, the only five battles where you'd even consider using these weapons are Plantera, Golem (which must be defeated before you can even GET an Influx Waver), Lunatic Cultist (the uncontrollable nature of the weapon could be problematic for preventing wyvern summons) and the Solar Pillar (You'd want to use a yo-yo for this).

Once you kill the Solar Pillar, you'd immediately get a weapon that outclasses both, easily.

if you are going to go with the melee class I recommend that you go for moon lord so u can get the meowmere and the star wrath as these weapons highly outclass both influx weaver and Terra blade you can easily beat him if you have the solar eruption

if you are going to go with the melee class I recommend that you go for moon lord so u can get the meowmere and the star wrath as these weapons highly outclass both influx weaver and Terra blade you can easily beat him if you have the solar eruption

There's also the Terrarian too, but you know....

I consider that a bit off-topic to be honest. If you're going to compare a tier of weapons, simply stating that a higher tier of weapon outclasses them is like... well, obviously. I mean that's like comparing an Ice Blade vs Blood Butcherer and then going "well, pfft, just make a Night's Edge, it's way better than both!" ... well obviously, because it's a later tier weapon.

Though I would still have to debate Meowmere vs Solar Eruption. I find the cats' movement and the unpredictability of such vs the ridiculous DoT the Eruption has on it .... I find myself using the Eruption long after I've killed Moon Lord because of the DoT, its ability to infinitely pierce walls (at least Pre-1.4 I dunno if they changed this). Only thing I might consider would be the Terrarian.

And of course some of the 1.4 weapons might be serious contenders as well, like I can't wait to get my hands on a Zenith. That looks like one sexy as frick weapon.

There's also the Terrarian too, but you know....

I consider that a bit off-topic to be honest. If you're going to compare a tier of weapons, simply stating that a higher tier of weapon outclasses them is like... well, obviously. I mean that's like comparing an Ice Blade vs Blood Butcherer and then going "well, pfft, just make a Night's Edge, it's way better than both!" ... well obviously, because it's a later tier weapon.

Though I would still have to debate Meowmere vs Solar Eruption. I find the cats' movement and the unpredictability of such vs the ridiculous DoT the Eruption has on it .... I find myself using the Eruption long after I've killed Moon Lord because of the DoT, its ability to infinitely pierce walls (at least Pre-1.4 I dunno if they changed this). Only thing I might consider would be the Terrarian.

And of course some of the 1.4 weapons might be serious contenders as well, like I can't wait to get my hands on a Zenith. That looks like one sexy as frick weapon.
I use both becuz it’s easier to kill some bosses with the meowmere and some bosses the solar eruption

Honestly it sounds like the Influx Waver is superior, but I simply can't leave the Terra Blade. The ol' reliable has helped me farm Golem and even assisted me in beating the lunar pillars. I think it's one of the best mid-HM melees and can even carry on to late game.

Perhaps the Terra Blade is easier? I heard that the Influx Weaver is bad for fast moving targets like EoL, even though for me, Terra Blade isn't something really special anymore. I actually find most swords boring nowdays in the game. Heck, even the Zenith. I'm more used to Ranged and Mage stuff like Last Prism, lmao.

Back
Top Bottom