tAPI Ingame Cheat Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel dumb now. I mean dumber than usual. ... and boy howdy am I a superb model for a shining example of the ideal container for vast and gloriously copious quantities of dumb. Yes. Exactly that many dumb.

Also, just to get it out of the way, please don't hate me. Puppies love me and I donate to charity regularly. Puppy charities, usually. Apparently.

I've had it beaten into me by now to keep everything up to date. So I've got the new r11 tAPI downloaded and installed (From 10/16/14) as well as the MCT from the same date installed too, as well as this here downloaded.

But does it go into the Unsorted folder or the new Local folder? It seems that the Local folder is where newly compiled mods go, (Don't worry, I didn't compile it, as you forewarned, PoroCYon.) but the only mods that tAPI sees are in the Local Folder.

Also merely having the MCT .tapi file in the Local folder seems to crash Terraria tAPI r11. So I remove it.

After that, the only mod that I have in the Local Folder is this Ingame Cheat Menu.tapi file. Works fine, pretty much. Was able to create a new character and a world and play around in the world. Nothing crashed while I was in-game.

Then when I exited and went back to the menu, I noticed that we can edit the world. That button crashed. I should go get some error messages prepared as proof of my claims.

Ultimately, I'm just prodding the waters to see if this is an intended "Stuff's not finished yet" error or a "Whoops my cat walked across my keyboard while coding this but she's just too damned stealthy" kind of error. This post is worth naught but arse if it's the former.

I feel dumb now. I mean dumber than usual. ... and boy howdy am I a superb model for a shining example of the ideal container for vast and gloriously copious quantities of dumb. Yes. Exactly that many dumb.

Also, just to get it out of the way, please don't hate me. Puppies love me and I donate to charity regularly. Puppy charities, usually. Apparently.

I've had it beaten into me by now to keep everything up to date. So I've got the new r11 tAPI downloaded and installed (From 10/16/14) as well as the MCT from the same date installed too, as well as this here downloaded.

But does it go into the Unsorted folder or the new Local folder? It seems that the Local folder is where newly compiled mods go, (Don't worry, I didn't compile it, as you forewarned, PoroCYon.) but the only mods that tAPI sees are in the Local Folder.

Also merely having the MCT .tapi file in the Local folder seems to crash Terraria tAPI r11. So I remove it.

After that, the only mod that I have in the Local Folder is this Ingame Cheat Menu.tapi file. Works fine, pretty much. Was able to create a new character and a world and play around in the world. Nothing crashed while I was in-game.

Then when I exited and went back to the menu, I noticed that we can edit the world. That button crashed. I should go get some error messages prepared as proof of my claims.

Ultimately, I'm just prodding the waters to see if this is an intended "Stuff's not finished yet" error or a "Whoops my cat walked across my keyboard while coding this but she's just too damned stealthy" kind of error. This post is worth naught but arse if it's the former.
This is more a kind of a 'forgot to port this part' of error.
~~I'll fix is this weekend.~~

It's fixed now, and the new version is uploaded!

Last edited:
Getting quite a few errors when I try to launch a server with this mod enabled.
Here are some screenshots:
39c17f005ffff2df9983e8f81ab468b9.png
55825d7ad447dee1ff58bb57777ec7dc.png

a4c8d99af7d3ffcea01f365f013f0d8e.png

Also, I know these are MCT errors, but they only happen when I have the cheat menu active so. Two birds with one stone perhaps?

Getting quite a few errors when I try to launch a server with this mod enabled.
Here are some screenshots:
-snip-

Also, I know these are MCT errors, but they only happen when I have the cheat menu active so. Two birds with one stone perhaps?
I forgot to add some 'if (!Main.dedServ)' checks.

The first error (the ArgumentOutOfRangeException) has nothing to do with MCT (see the stack trace, only Terraria.[...] things).

Not sure if it's just me, but I went into the right-most cheat pane, with the invasions and time toggles and such, and after changing the Moon Phase to negative 1, I couldn't click on anything on that entire horizontal row. Autopause off or on. Can anyone else confirm this?

Not sure if it's just me, but I went into the right-most cheat pane, with the invasions and time toggles and such, and after changing the Moon Phase to negative 1, I couldn't click on anything on that entire horizontal row. Autopause off or on. Can anyone else confirm this?
Moon phase isn't meant to be set to -1.
I'll look into it in a few hours.

There is no download for r10.
Why would you use it anyway?
Because my mods are for r10

EDIT: The side tabs for the characters and worlds show up but only without the mct. With the mct nothing shows up
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found 'Void
PoroCYon.MCT.ModControlling.ModController.UnloadedMod(TAPI.ModBase)'. at PO\oroCYon.MCT.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(Action[] ts)
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Last edited:
TAPI.ModInterface..ctor()'.
at PoroCYon.MCT.Internal.ModClasses.MUI..ctor()
at PoroCYon.MCT.Mct.InsertMctMod90 in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\Mct.cs:line 42 at PoroCYon.MCT.Mct.Init() in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\Mct.cs:line 117

Because my mods are for r10

EDIT: The side tabs for the characters and worlds show up but only without the mct. With the mct nothing shows up
PoroCYon.MCT.ModControlling.ModController.UnloadedMod(TAPI.ModBase)'. at PO\oroCYon.MCT.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
TAPI.ModInterface..ctor()'.
at PoroCYon.MCT.Internal.ModClasses.MUI..ctor()
at PoroCYon.MCT.Mct.InsertMctMod90 in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\Mct.cs:line 42 at PoroCYon.MCT.Mct.Init() in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\Mct.cs:line 117
Then update them.

Also, don't double post, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SECOND POST CONTAINS THE SAME (or less than) CONTENT AS THE FIRST ONE.
I'm sorry, I had to use caps lock.

I'm getting some error messages when trying to run a server with this mod. This is the closest I could find for making a creative server for a friend and I to build in, and the server works fine in ICM isn't enabled, but when I enable ICM there is a java error when loading mods for the server.
Code:
Loading mods...
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present i
n the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at PoroCYon.ICM.CheatUI.Init()
   at PoroCYon.ICM.CheatUI`1.Init()
   at PoroCYon.ICM.Menus.ItemUI.Init()
   at PoroCYon.MCT.UI.MctUI.AddCustomUI(CustomUI customUI) in C:\Users\Pieter\Dr
opbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\UI\MctUI.cs:line 202
   at PoroCYon.ICM.IcmMod.OnAllModsLoaded()
   at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Press Enter to continue

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present i
n the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at PoroCYon.ICM.CheatUI.Init()
   at PoroCYon.ICM.CheatUI`1.Init()
   at PoroCYon.ICM.Menus.ItemUI.Init()
   at PoroCYon.MCT.UI.MctUI.AddCustomUI(CustomUI customUI) in C:\Users\Pieter\Dr
opbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\UI\MctUI.cs:line 202
   at PoroCYon.ICM.IcmMod.OnAllModsLoaded()
   at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Terraria Server v1.2.4.1, tAPI r11, 2/2 mods loaded

1               Halloween Town
n               New World
d <number>      Delete World

Choose World:

It will still proceed and allow you to bring the server up, but when you try to connect to it, the client will crash to desktop.

I'm getting some error messages when trying to run a server with this mod. This is the closest I could find for making a creative server for a friend and I to build in, and the server works fine in ICM isn't enabled, but when I enable ICM there is a java error when loading mods for the server.
Code:
-snip-
Terraria Server v1.2.4.1, tAPI r11, 2/2 mods loaded

1               Halloween Town
n               New World
d <number>      Delete World

Choose World:

It will still proceed and allow you to bring the server up, but when you try to connect to it, the client will crash to desktop.
I think the mod wants to load textures (or something like that) which are never loaded on the dedicated server... I'll fix this in a few hours.

Also, that's not a Java error, but a CLR error. Terraria is written in C#, not in Java.(thus tAPI and ICM are, too)

EDIT: fixed and uploaded.

Last edited:
can someone help me
not sure what's wrong?
first I installed MCT that worked fine
then I installed the mod unzipped it built it with tAPI builder then I tried to play and the cheat menu didn't show up?

help me install please
not sure what's wrong
first I installed MCT that worked fine
then I installed the mod unzipped it built it with tAPI builder then I tried to play and the cheat menu didn't show up
Why on earth would you rebuild it when I provide an ALREADY-BUILT FILE and explicitely say NOT TO BUILD IT YOURSELF?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom