Inspiration needed!

Marade

Terrarian
Hey everyone, I've been skulking about here for a while and this is my first post!

I've never really built anything other than boxes before, but I wanted to try something new upon creating a new expert world:

xwgC6N3.jpg

I'm pleased with what I've done so far but I don't know where to go from here... One thing I'm struggling with is how/where to incorporate a crafting area.

Other suggestions are also welcome!

Marade

Hey everyone, I've been skulking about here for a while and this is my first post!

I've never really built anything other than boxes before, but I wanted to try something new upon creating a new expert world:

xwgC6N3.jpg

I'm pleased with what I've done so far but I don't know where to go from here... One thing I'm struggling with is how/where to incorporate a crafting area.

Other suggestions are also welcome!

Marade
That looks fabulous. I love how you extended the living tree's roots to make underground pathways, really nice! You've got lots of room for NPCs to move in throughout your playthrough, so you won't have to worry about adding in more rooms.

That looks fabulous. I love how you extended the living tree's roots to make underground pathways, really nice! You've got lots of room for NPCs to move in throughout your playthrough, so you won't have to worry about adding in more rooms.

Thanks! It always bothered me that those huge trees didn't have any visible roots when the big ones in the underground jungle do. :)

Yeah, I planned for a room per NPC from the start so I wouldn't have to throw things in later but I forgot to make room for a good workshop and/or storage room...

Do you think it would look odd to build something like a keep at the right side of the bigger living tree with a gate and moat? I feel like it might ruin the overall aesthetic...

I gotta agree with Unit One on this one. The roots feature looks so amazing. I also think building a gate and a moat is not a bad idea, but keep the design close to the theme of your over all build (which is nature and wood) so it won't look out of place. But if you feel it's not gonna work for this build, you can always build your gate and moat on another build. :)

For your crafting area, in my opinion, it might be nice to build it underground instead because there's already a lot of things going on in the surface.

This is crazy cool! I love the tree in the middle, its always been a dream of mine to have a tree in the middle of my house, huge props!

The Building frame is great! I think mixing up the walls with another type could help the overall look (Windows, Stone slabs as edging, etc). As for inspiration you could try and create a zoo with all the caged animals, I'm still working on mine but it's fun to try and make it feel like an exhibit. As for a crafting station you could hang it from one of the branches of the generated tree. Hope this helps!:happy:

Uuuuuh....looks amazing mate! I would be pleased too if I were you. I would prefer to have more trees :D

I love your build it looks great but I was thinking you could add more detail inside here's an example of one of my houses with quite a bit of detail.
Capture 2018-02-20 19_26_19.png

Back
Top Bottom