Integral Trees

Hayzeus

Terrarian
Hi all, so this is my first ever post here. Heck, it may even be my last because I'm super daunted by all the other beautiful houses/bases being posted. I have *nowhere* near the creativity that you all obviously have.

I wanted to post this one only because I'm kind of shocked that I've never found anything similar.

Here was my idea. See, I don't like the mushroom biome because of how dark it is, so I decided to put the Truffle house up in the sky. Then, I started thinking about how to create a house with multiple abodes that would support the mushroom pylon. The idea of an Integral Tree immediately popped into my head, and I wondered if it could be recreated. This was version 1 of an integral tree with enough abodes to support both Truffle and the requisite pylon. I had to add the mushroom pylon off to the side because... truffle.

For version 2, I'm going to increase the size by allowing for multiple abodes (at least more than just the two).

Also... I'm *really* thinking that for version 2 (or maybe version 3), I'm going to turn the mushroom biome into a Smoke Ring type of mushroom biome. Yeah, even as I'm typing, I'm sure that's what I will do. The idea of having an Integral Tree sitting beside a Smoke Ring is appealing to me. Okay, maybe I will have another post sometime down the road :).

For now, here is my tribute to Larry Niven's Integral Trees! Please enjoy.

Attachments

• Capture 2021-04-10 23_48_56.png
    Capture 2021-04-10 23_48_56.png
    943.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Capture 2021-04-10 23_50_58.png
    Capture 2021-04-10 23_50_58.png
    570.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Capture 2021-04-10 23_51_32.png
    Capture 2021-04-10 23_51_32.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 116
Oh my goodness! It looks amazing! I love the symmetry you added! I personally think it looks great, I’m always a fan of tree houses. Don’t worry about feeling daunted, the building community here is one of the most supportive ones I have known. Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom