OOC Interdimensional Shift: An Undertale Multiverse RP (OOC)

I have future plans for this RP besides RP-ing. Which idea(s) would you be most looking forward to?

• Turning the RP into a book/story

• Getting someone (volunteer or hired) to turn the book/story into a comic

• Getting someone to turn the comic into an animation/comic dub series

• Getting someone to turn the animations/comic dubs into a full-blown UT Fangame!

• GeTtInG tHe FaNgAmE tO bE mORe PoPUlAR thAN UNDertAlE!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

G1!+¢h+r@p

Torch God
Welcome to Interdimensional Shift: An Undertale Multiverse RP!

This is not your average RP. This RP is going to be one of the most high-quality threads I have ever created on the Terraria Community Forums. At least, that's the goal. It's up to you to determine whether or not that's the case, I suppose.

Let's cover a few things. This RP is not going to be as... open-ended, as some of my other RPs tend to be. That's not to say that it would be restricted, just not quite as accepting of acting sped for no reason, I guess is the best way I can phrase that. So, let's go over some ground rules (more will be added to the various sections as I think of them, so think of this as a WIP list of rules).

Required (Rules that you have to follow if you want to continue to RP here):
You cannot comment OOC in the IC thread. The threads are separated for a reason, so if you comment OOC in the IC thread, I will politely request that you edit or delete the comment so that the comment is no longer there. You can then post the comment in the OOC thread. This is to make it easier for me to turn this RP into a book/story thing without having to sift through half a dozen pages or whatever of OOC comments for no reason. Now, I'll let there be some wiggle room; for example, I'll accept tossing a small OOC comment in with an IC comment- as long as the IC comment isn't super low-quality, like one small quote that can't even be considered a sentence or something (we'll cover that later).

Let's call this one "Author's Rule". You cannot, for any reason, go against a dictate I make once I've put my foot down. If there's something your character said or did that I say "Yeah, I think that's not gonna happen," to, you can't do it anyway, and there's no point in arguing because I'm not going to let you do it once I've put my foot down. You can maybe debate for a bit before I make a final decision, but once I have decided, being bitter about it or something will only cause you to suffer; I'll have moved on and will no longer care. And if you intentionally try to be a pain in the rear and do it anyway, you risk the ability to continue to RP here. This rule is only so that no issues are caused when I'm not only trying to RP but to convert said RP into a book/story.
Strongly Suggested (You won't get kicked from the RP if you don't follow these, but it would really be helpful if you did):
Please try to keep each and every comment you say IC higher in quality than you might normally. I am turning this RP into a story eventually, after all. It would be really annoying for me to try to piece together emotions, thoughts, and narration when you're RP-ing that I can't even guarantee is accurate because you didn't mention it in your comments. So, as a general rule of thumb, it should be one of these 3 things:
1. A quote plus narration/description/revealing of thoughts that tie in with the quote
2. Multiple sentences of narration/thoughts so that it's not just one sentence of "yeah, my character exists" (if your character has nothing to do, let me know in the OOC thread, because I will do my best to rectify the situation in the IC thread!)
3. Multiple quotes/narrations if you have multiple characters you're RP-ing as at the same time (Quotes should be more than just a one or two-word phrase, by the way. Again, I would not like to have to try to make assumptions when writing the story about what your character is thinking, doing, or saying because the things they do say are only "yes" or something along those lines. If your character is the quiet type, make them think a lot! Otherwise, your character will just seem like a sped, which is what we're trying to avoid.)

Alright, now that we've covered the rules, it's time to talk about what we've all been waiting for:

Character Creation
Here's the template for the character creation. If you don't follow it exactly, then your character is likely to get rejected. If it isn't in italics (which means that it's optional), then that means that it needs to be there if your character is going to get accepted into the RP. Also, your character has to be from Undertale or an Undertale AU or be an Undertale OC. If your character is from any other franchise, it either needs to get modified to fit into the Undertale multiverse or it won't be accepted. If it's a generic, all-use OC, that won't be a difficult task to accomplish, so the same rule applies to you.
First Name or Nickname:
Full Name:
Age: (Use 'Unknown' if you are playing a character whose age is not yet revealed)
Personality: (What do you act like?)
Race: (Human, Human-Monster Hybrid, Hybrid Monster, Monster, etc. Specify what race you are if you don't fall under any of those. Also list your sub-race if you are non-human [skeleton, fish-person, Boss Monster/Goat Person, etc.])
Height:
Weight:

Speech Font/color: (What font/text color do you talk in? The forum font is Arial. You can also choose what color your character talks in, or use text boxes if you really want to.)
Appearance: (Use an image if you have it. Different expressions are allowed. If you have no image, describe what your character looks like the best you can.)
Magic: (Do you have magic? If so, describe all your magical attacks/abilities the best you can. If not, then just mark "no" here.)
Skills/Abilities: (What can your character do outside of using magic? Put all of your character's other skills and abilities here.)
Strengths/Weaknesses: (What is your character good at? What is your character bad at? What is your character resistant toward? What is your character vulnerable to? Those types of things are what you put here.)
Universe (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED!!! If your character isn't in any particular universe/AU [and one that you just randomly made up is allowed, don't worry], then you will by default exist in the world of Classic Undertale!):
Backstory: (Not optional, however you don't have to put it here. Reveal your character's backstory slowly over time in the RP if you'd rather do that. However, your character can't have NO backstory.)
Extra: (Trivia about your character or something; honestly, put whatever you want about your character here!)
Battle Theme: (The song that plays when someone fights you.)
Other Theme(s): (Song(s) that play outside of battle, such as introduction themes and the like.)
(Italics are optional.)
As for canon Undertale characters (at least at first), those are first-come, first-serve characters. If it's open, you can offer to RP as it. If not, then too bad. Use an AU variant or something, since there are plenty of those. Otherwise, just create an OC. The template is there for a reason!

Anyway, that's all I can think about right now. Everything else will be covered in the IC thread's title post. See you then!

Last edited:
This seems interesting, but also waaay too complicated for my current cashew nut with salt brain ;-;
Maybe someday I'll be yeeting in half the VoidTale characters, along with a few other characters I used in phantomtale, but not now

This seems interesting, but also waaay too complicated for my current cashew nut with salt brain ;-;
Maybe someday I'll be yeeting in half the VoidTale characters, along with a few other characters I used in phantomtale, but not now
Yeah, the long text seems intimidating lol. But I assure you that it's not complicated, just pretty rule-filled. It will prevent people from turning the RP into a sped-crap thingy-

Alright then. Someone's gonna have to force Esther to make the rest of the VoidTale characters, because they won't be doing that anytime soon if we don't force them to.
Cerviel, please shut up.

I agree with Esther, this is far too complicated for my brain to handle.

also with my current situation, I can't come up with any new characters

The main thing that's bothering me is that Backstory is required... that might end up forcing me to either make backstories for characters like Teri and Celes (meaning I'd have to both fick up my schedule even more and join way later, which, no), or forcing me to use Vest (as he's the only character I have with a mostly finished Backstory... he's a ten year old Buizel.)...

While I could adjust my OCs to fit the plot. my OCs are either demons, kobolds, Paimko, skeleton/skeletonlike or humans.

also I don't ever make backstories for my OCs. (and the ones with backstories are going to have their backstory ruined by adaption.)

Welcome to Interdimensional Shift: An Undertale Multiverse RP!

This is not your average RP. This RP is going to be one of the most high-quality threads I have ever created on the Terraria Community Forums. At least, that's the goal. It's up to you to determine whether or not that's the case, I suppose.

Let's cover a few things. This RP is not going to be as... open-ended, as some of my other RPs tend to be. That's not to say that it would be restricted, just not quite as accepting of acting sped for no reason, I guess is the best way I can phrase that. So, let's go over some ground rules (more will be added to the various sections as I think of them, so think of this as a WIP list of rules).

Required (Rules that you have to follow if you want to continue to RP here):
You cannot comment OOC in the IC thread. The threads are separated for a reason, so if you comment OOC in the IC thread, I will politely request that you edit or delete the comment so that the comment is no longer there. You can then post the comment in the OOC thread. This is to make it easier for me to turn this RP into a book/story thing without having to sift through half a dozen pages or whatever of OOC comments for no reason. Now, I'll let there be some wiggle room; for example, I'll accept tossing a small OOC comment in with an IC comment- as long as the IC comment isn't super low-quality, like one small quote that can't even be considered a sentence or something (we'll cover that later).

Let's call this one "Author's Rule". You cannot, for any reason, go against a dictate I make once I've put my foot down. If there's something your character said or did that I say "Yeah, I think that's not gonna happen," to, you can't do it anyway, and there's no point in arguing because I'm not going to let you do it once I've put my foot down. You can maybe debate for a bit before I make a final decision, but once I have decided, being bitter about it or something will only cause you to suffer; I'll have moved on and will no longer care. And if you intentionally try to be a pain in the rear and do it anyway, you risk the ability to continue to RP here. This rule is only so that no issues are caused when I'm not only trying to RP but to convert said RP into a book/story.
Strongly Suggested (You won't get kicked from the RP if you don't follow these, but it would really be helpful if you did):
Please try to keep each and every comment you say IC higher in quality than you might normally. I am turning this RP into a story eventually, after all. It would be really annoying for me to try to piece together emotions, thoughts, and narration when you're RP-ing that I can't even guarantee is accurate because you didn't mention it in your comments. So, as a general rule of thumb, it should be one of these 3 things:
1. A quote plus narration/description/revealing of thoughts that tie in with the quote
2. Multiple sentences of narration/thoughts so that it's not just one sentence of "yeah, my character exists" (if your character has nothing to do, let me know in the OOC thread, because I will do my best to rectify the situation in the IC thread!)
3. Multiple quotes/narrations if you have multiple characters you're RP-ing as at the same time (Quotes should be more than just a one or two-word phrase, by the way. Again, I would not like to have to try to make assumptions when writing the story about what your character is thinking, doing, or saying because the things they do say are only "yes" or something along those lines. If your character is the quiet type, make them think a lot! Otherwise, your character will just seem like a sped, which is what we're trying to avoid.)

Alright, now that we've covered the rules, it's time to talk about what we've all been waiting for:

Character Creation
Here's the template for the character creation. If you don't follow it exactly, then your character is likely to get rejected. If it isn't in italics (which means that it's optional), then that means that it needs to be there if your character is going to get accepted into the RP. Also, your character has to be from Undertale or an Undertale AU or be an Undertale OC. If your character is from any other franchise, it either needs to get modified to fit into the Undertale multiverse or it won't be accepted. If it's a generic, all-use OC, that won't be a difficult task to accomplish, so the same rule applies to you.
First Name or Nickname:
Full Name:
Age: (Use 'Unknown' if you are playing a character whose age is not yet revealed)
Personality: (What do you act like?)
Race: (Human, Human-Monster Hybrid, Hybrid Monster, Monster, etc. Specify what race you are if you don't fall under any of those. Also list your sub-race if you are non-human [skeleton, fish-person, Boss Monster/Goat Person, etc.])
Height:
Weight:

Speech Font/color: (What font/text color do you talk in? The forum font is Arial. You can also choose what color your character talks in, or use text boxes if you really want to.)
Appearance: (Use an image if you have it. Different expressions are allowed. If you have no image, describe what your character looks like the best you can.)
Magic: (Do you have magic? If so, describe all your magical attacks/abilities the best you can. If not, then just mark "no" here.)
Skills/Abilities: (What can your character do outside of using magic? Put all of your character's other skills and abilities here.)
Strengths/Weaknesses: (What is your character good at? What is your character bad at? What is your character resistant toward? What is your character vulnerable to? Those types of things are what you put here.)
Universe (ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED!!! If your character isn't in any particular universe/AU [and one that you just randomly made up is allowed, don't worry], then you will by default exist in the world of Classic Undertale!):
Backstory: (Not optional, however you don't have to put it here. Reveal your character's backstory slowly over time in the RP if you'd rather do that. However, your character can't have NO backstory.)
Extra: (Trivia about your character or something; honestly, put whatever you want about your character here!)
Battle Theme: (The song that plays when someone fights you.)
Other Theme(s): (Song(s) that play outside of battle, such as introduction themes and the like.)
(Italics are optional.)
As for canon Undertale characters (at least at first), those are first-come, first-serve characters. If it's open, you can offer to RP as it. If not, then too bad. Use an AU variant or something, since there are plenty of those. Otherwise, just create an OC. The template is there for a reason!

Anyway, that's all I can think about right now. Everything else will be covered in the IC thread's title post. See you then!
Alright, I’m definitely joining this. Can I claim Flowey?

I'll join eventually.... maybe. Really depends on how badly I decide to :red: up my already :red:ed up schedule for the next few weeks.

First Name or Nickname: Rose, Ω
Full Name: Rose Flædyn
Personality: Somewhat laid back, yet is a hard-worker, and is very intelligent. Likes to settle arguments through debate rather than fighting, she’s very Determined
Race: Human
Height: 5ft7
Weight: 126 lbs

Speech Font/color: She’s going to use this font, but occaisonally she will have text boxes. She’s also very quiet
Appearance:

1651681856348.png

Magic: Yes, she can set fire to anything with a snap… literally, she can burn people with her hands (which she can ignite), other small forms of fire magic
Skills/Abilities: She’s very intelligent, she can move faster than other characters, is immune to fire, can attack more than once per turn for one round, then it takes 5 rounds to recharge
Strengths/Weaknesses: She is immune to fire and lightning damage, but takes more damage from water and ice based attacks. Her damage output is x1.2
Universe: None (Well, Homestuck is where I got inspiration from)
Backstory: Unrevealed
Extra: Living

Battle Theme: The Unsung War
Other Theme(s):
Moving around
Now you’ve done it
Ambiance

Last edited:
Watch me throw in the three characters who have had decent progress on their backstories, all of them being archers
just kidding, I can't. Because I haven't written down any of the backstories, and I have 3 pages for the comic I was making.

There are few times where I hate myself genuinely.... this is one of them. I might need help with deciding on a character to try working on, so feel free to look through my OC lists and giving me options. I really do want to join this.

Alright then. Someone's gonna have to force Esther to make the rest of the VoidTale characters, because they won't be doing that anytime soon if we don't force them to.
Cerviel, please shut up.
Alright, this'll take a bit to respond to fully, it sucks when you go offline right when everybody starts signing up for the RP xD
I agree with Esther, this is far too complicated for my brain to handle.

also with my current situation, I can't come up with any new characters
I will respond the same way, then, that I responded to Esther lol-

Alrighty, I'll see what I can do, then [I'm assuming you don't want to just RP as a canon Undertale character?]
The main thing that's bothering me is that Backstory is required... that might end up forcing me to either make backstories for characters like Teri and Celes (meaning I'd have to both fick up my schedule even more and join way later, which, no), or forcing me to use Vest (as he's the only character I have with a mostly finished Backstory... he's a ten year old Buizel.)...
Yeah, that's literally just so I don't have to be forced to come up with backstories for other people's OCs because I need a backstory for them to be in the book thingie. I could bother people with an inadequate or inaccurate backstory, so I'm just saying to people "do it yourself"-
While I could adjust my OCs to fit the plot. my OCs are either demons, kobolds, Paimko, skeleton/skeletonlike or humans.

also I don't ever make backstories for my OCs. (and the ones with backstories are going to have their backstory ruined by adaption.)
Monster types have some room for wiggling, because AUs and the like allow pretty much any monster to be allowed. As long as you adapt them as necessary to fit in the Undertale Multiverse, it should be fine.
despite the difficulties, I try my best to make a character or adapt one.
Sounds good-
First Name or Nickname: Rose, Ω
Full Name: Rose Flædyn
Personality: Somewhat laid back, yet is a hard-worker, and is very intelligent. Likes to settle arguments through debate rather than fighting, she’s very Determined
Race: Human
Height: 5ft7
Weight: 126 lbs

Speech Font/color: She’s going to use this font, but occaisonally she will have text boxes. She’s also very quiet
Appearance:

View attachment 368045
Magic: Yes, she can set fire to anything with a snap… literally, she can burn people with her hands (which she can ignite), other small forms of fire magic
Skills/Abilities: She’s very intelligent, she can move faster than other characters, is immune to fire, can attack more than once per turn for one round, then it takes 5 rounds to recharge
Strengths/Weaknesses: She is immune to fire and lightning damage, but takes more damage from water and ice based attacks. Her damage output is x1.2
Universe: None (Well, Homestuck is where I got inspiration from)
Backstory: Unrevealed
Extra: Living

Battle Theme: The Unsung War
Other Theme(s):
Moving around
Now you’ve done it
Ambiance
Alright, I'll give this the accept button... As long as you clarify this one point: when you say faster than other characters, how much faster? Because Sans is supposed to be, by far, the fastest non-god character in Undertale, so is she even faster than Sans, or just faster than most other characters?
Watch me throw in the three characters who have had decent progress on their backstories, all of them being archers
just kidding, I can't. Because I haven't written down any of the backstories, and I have 3 pages for the comic I was making.

There are few times where I hate myself genuinely.... this is one of them. I might need help with deciding on a character to try working on, so feel free to look through my OC lists and giving me options. I really do want to join this.
oof
Can definitely relate to that, unfortunately. I'll give the list a look, and see what I can do. I can't guarantee I can offer help today specifically, though-
Alright, I’m definitely joining this. Can I claim Flowey?
Forgot to quote this lol-

Yep, we've already discussed this lol (although I'm sure you're just bringing it up again to make sure everyone else sees it)

I'll probably have a very basic mostly hidden backstory for whichever character I end up using, unless you somehow make me use Vest without making him into a completely new OC (which, no, I have 448ish of them already, gimme a break here haha).

Alright, I'll give this the accept button... As long as you clarify this one point: when you say faster than other characters, how much faster? Because Sans is supposed to be, by far, the fastest non-god character in Undertale, so is she even faster than Sans, or just faster than most other characters?
Yeah, not Sams level, but faster than most. Not all

I'll probably have a very basic mostly hidden backstory for whichever character I end up using, unless you somehow make me use Vest without making him into a completely new OC (which, no, I have 448ish of them already, gimme a break here haha).
...I just glanced over the list (the Doc in your signature, right?), and I realized something: you can't decide which OC should be used when you can't differentiate between them with names alone-
Yeah, not Sams level, but faster than most. Not all
Alrighty, sounds good. Accepted!

...I just glanced over the list (the Doc in your signature, right?), and I realized something: you can't decide which OC should be used when you can't differentiate between them with names alone-
you can just give me a name, and I'll tell you which it is. I have a good memory when it comes to which OC is which (Which I may have flexed on my best friend yesterday by having him name one of my OCs (He said Savannah) and then telling him which it is)

you can just give me a name, and I'll tell you which it is. I have a good memory when it comes to which OC is which (Which I may have flexed on my best friend yesterday by having him name one of my OCs (He said Savannah) and then telling him which it is)
Alright, let's start with Neo. Who's that?

...Uh, and I realized I totally accidentally left out an aspect of the character creation template that I thought would be cool. Eh, whatever. It's not necessary and can be accomplished IC anyways.

Back
Top Bottom