Interested in buying Terraria

nicke1224

Terrarian
I bought Terraria on tablet during a sale since my parents have always been very strict about me buying things, especially games since they see it as a waste of money. Unfortunately the tablet broke and I wasn't able to play it anymore. I love the game and watch it a lot on youtube so I've always thought about buying it for pc. Now a couple of my friends recently bought it so it really got me going again.
I waited for some weeks since I knew black Friday would occur very soon and hoped it would drop low enough to make my parents allow me to buy it. It went down by 25%, which wasn't enough :c. I'm creating this thread since I really don't know what to do, I'm starting to think it's for the best to wait till Christmas, hope for it to get even cheaper and perhaps get it then. Do any of you know if the game usually drops in price during that time, or perhaps even before?

If my failing memory recalls it correctly, about two years ago it dropped to a measely 2 bucks, I think it was both during halloween and christmas. Or was it last year?
Me and others bought a bunch of copies and gave them all away. Fun times.

So who knows, with this christmas sale...
It's still dirt cheap though. Any chance you can earn 7.50 somehow? Mowing the lawn? Washing the car?

Moved to PC General Talk.

I can't say for sure, but it is very likely there will be a good sale for Terraria again in the near future for the Holidays. I'd check both Steam and GOG at the same time if it doesn't matter to you which place you buy the game from. There have been sales around 50%-75% off even. I'd say it's a fair move to wait until a Winter/Christmas Sale for a few weeks.

If my failing memory recalls it correctly, about two years ago it dropped to a measely 2 bucks, I think it was both during halloween and christmas. Or was it last year?
Me and others bought a bunch of copies and gave them all away. Fun times.

So who knows, with this christmas sale...
It's still dirt cheap though. Any chance you can earn 7.50 somehow? Mowing the lawn? Washing the car?
I have the money for it, it's just that my parents dislike me spending them on games. Therefor it's not really about me being able to afford it, but the game being real cheap so it looks good in their eyes (I already do a lot of chores). And ye, ur right, it's very cheap for a game which is the only reason I might be allowed to buy it at all :/
Thank you for the reply, I'll wait and hope!

I have the money for it, it's just that my parents dislike me spending them on games. Therefor it's not really about me being able to afford it, but the game being real cheap so it looks good in their eyes (I already do a lot of chores). And ye, ur right, it's very cheap for a game which is the only reason I might be allowed to buy it at all :/
Have any friends/family who could buy you the game for you while you give them cash? They won't lose money and you'll have your game, win/win.

That's actually a good idea, I bought a game trough a friend some years back and gave him money afterwards so I guess that would work.
Might still wait till Christmas, but thanks for the idea!

Well, lovely to know you have someone that would give it to you for FREE!

Enjoy the game I guess, it's real fun, and I don't think the prices lower very much more than 25% at Christmas. :)

Back
Top Bottom