Game Mechanics Interesting mannequin mechanics.

Do you like that idea ?

• Total voters

Xiarno

Official Terrarian
Last edit : "29 may 2017 20:52"
So, allow me to be direct.

I've seen that with the new 1.3.6 update coming along, the mannequin win new tweaks, like placing accessory's on them. That seems really cool.
But I think we can go even further.

Story first : My friend and I were talking about that, and my friend had this brilliant idea ; "That would be cool if we can hit the mannequin and depending on the armor it has on, it change how much damage the mannequin get from your hit". That was the direct idea :)

So, now, to the more specific explaination ;
So for exemple, the mannequin is a player that you can hit, like the dummy, but without anything, he as 0 armor. If we put him a wood armor, he get 1 armor point. So he is a little bit more protected After that, it simple, the armor that he as and the damage he take by our weapons vary with what armor he has on. I think the "ennemy mechanic with armor" can apply the same way.

Thank to Caseratis for the idea !
So with dummy already being able to take damage, that mechanic would be interesting to put on them, tough I abandonned this idea, because armor doesn't fit at all with the design of a dummy. So, the idea is to "re-sprite" the dummy or "re-sprite" the armor that you PUT on THE dummy. So yeah, this is only a visual change but this visual change is, in my opinion, really important.

So yeah :)

For mod : If this thread is in the wrong place, please warn me and tell me where it need to go OR move it, thank.

Last edited:
I think putting armor on a dummy would make more sense.
Yeah, I understand what you think, and this was my initial thinking.
But what make me change my mind, is that the dummy ALREADY has an entire design that simply DOESN'T fit with armor, so maybe we can add something like "Battle dummy", like a dummy that can put armor on and his made FOR that.

Yeah, I understand what you think, and this was my initial thinking.
But what make me change my mind, is that the dummy ALREADY has an entire design that simply DOESN'T fit with armor, so maybe we can add something like "Battle dummy", like a dummy that can put armor on and his made FOR that.
Or the dummy is changed to fit with armor. I do think putting armor on it would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom