tModLoader Internal Work in Progress Mod

willcocobo

The Destroyer
This Mod is on hold for a while due to life'n stuff.
on ocasion i might edit in new pixel art but thats it.
image.gif

Welcome to my thread for my mod. The Internal Mod is a solo mod project of mine. ( the mod name is subject to change )

This is a personal project that I plan on releasing, it will hopefully add things i feel are missing from the game and other things for fun.

1. General Information
2. Planned Content
3. Confirmed Content

1. General Information

This is a mod that i started not to long ago and is only being worked on by me so i don't have an idea of when it could be at the state of release.

2. Planned Content

So far my plans are the following:

2 new damage classes. a close ranged " combo" class which give high movement speed and the more attacks you land in a short amount of time the stronger they get.
A Hex class. this class does AOE damage. where there is a knew resource like mana that is called " spirit " you cast a AOE attack at the cost of spirit but you only regain the spirit once the attack runs out

The melee class will also be expanded to have new spears that pierce defense and when you hit a enemy then a projectile happens to prevent it from becoming a manaless mage

Pre-hard mode:

2 new biom. A volcano which gets changes at other parts of the game. And a "heaven" Sky island, which is a larger version of the all ready existing sky islands but with custom enemies and items.
3 bosses. one will be a forest spirit that is the first boss and after defeating it the Volcano gets re-activated unlocking new content.
the second will be a volcanic boss fought after Eater of worlds.
and the third is un decided at the moment.
10 mini bosses. there will be a mini boss for each class. for example a glowing mushroom boss that drops a magic weapon. 3 of the 10 will be accessories.

Hard mode:

at least 3 bosses and a very ambitious goal to change AI for the mech bosses and to buff golem
a expansion to the volcano after WoF

Post moon lord:

2 - 3 new bosses with the final one being a long battle that is focused on surviving instead of damage output.

General Content:

adding a good chunk of new stuff for all classes, with melee being a main focus. I plan on making melee weapons no longer shot projectiles but instead spawn projectiles when you hit an enemy. This will hopefully prevent the late game melee from feeling like a manaless mage. however a lot of things will need to change to make melee still possible. For example the moon lords hands float away from you making "true" melee next to impossible, the change would ether be making the moon no longer lock on/always float around you or give him melee attacks.

i also hope to make content that can be hard but reward you but still not make going through the game less enjoy able.

I Think ill add "Mythical" weapons. the sprite work will be more detailed then the rest and will have unique prefixes. like instead of godly one may have " while holding you have more movement speed and gain life leach buff when damaged for 5 seconds"
This idea is heavily inspired by Path of exiles " Unique " rarity of items.

3. Confirmed Content

Pre-hardmode:

Forest Spirit boss.

a boss that you fight right a the start of the game so you can get right into the mod.
after defeating it, it unlocks the Volcano biom.

Volcano Biom.

A Volcano with Chests on the inside like a mini dungeon. so you will have to kill enemies that spawn there to obtain keys for the Chests.
The enemies will only spawn after the Forest Spirit.

Lava Salamander.

this boss will be fought at the lowest part of the Volcano where there will be a lava pit. it will stay in the lava hidden while shooting at you. while you wait for it to come up you will be jumping from platform to platform to dodge the projectiles ( or you can take the damage like a brute ). after a while it will jump up and fight you.
This fight can be fought at any point after the Forest spirit but will be stronger than Eater of worlds. so if you are skilled you can get good loot early.

The Biom Mini Bosses.

there will be a Mini boss for the following Biom:

Granite drops a melee weapon
Marble also drops a melee weapon but it is a spear
Jungle drops a Hex AOE spell
Glowing Mushroom drops a magic weapon
Desert drops a combo weapon
Snow drops a Ranged weapon. 50% Gun 50% Bow
Ocean drops a summon

Space drops a Movement based accessory
Hell drops a damage based accessory
evil biom drops a Defense for the corruption to fit with worm scarf and a life for the crimson to fit with the armor

these mini bosses will give you extra prep for WoF and spawn at random in their Biomes.

the rest of the planned stuff is not confirmed yet.

i dislike walking animation Lul

New Piskel.gif

drops summon of his hand that flies around punching people

summon item

New Piskel-1.png
3x scale
and yes 3 fingers :)

12nd of January

The Progress of the day will be updated 8 p.m central Europe time

all feed back and suggestions are highly appreciated!

New Piskel-5.png

p.s please don't use any sprites posted unless specified being allowed to. ( although I doubt anyone would want to )

Last edited:
You don't need a new class in this mod. The spear and combo class could just be melee, and the hex class could be magic. it would make coding easier and give more options to already existing classes. If you create three new classes, you will have to put weapons of each class throughout the whole game progression. It's more trouble than it is worth.

You don't need a new class in this mod. The spear and combo class could just be melee, and the hex class could be magic. it would make coding easier and give more options to already existing classes. If you create three new classes, you will have to put weapons of each class throughout the whole game progression. It's more trouble than it is worth.
I might add the spear one into normal melee but the combo one I want to be a high risk high reward. Because of very short range weapons you would have to get close which you would take damage but if you gamble and just take the damage you get buffs. And the hex one I might end up putting into the magic class but magic people have high single target damage so it would not really make sense for them to have AOE. But thank you, the spear one should be in melee because they deserve a bit more.
And about the coding being more trouble then it’s worth we’ll that is true I also want to get better at coding and there is only two ways of doing that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom