Internet-Wide Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality

For anyone who feels this is only a US thing, here are some links to consider:

http://www.finitesolutions.co.uk/blog/net-neutrality-uk/

https://savetheinternet.eu/

Just as Americans "won" the battle for net neutrality just a couple of years ago, telco companies all over the world are watching carefully to renew the attack globally if we lose this time. Don't be complacent and think it's safe and settled in your country. These companies are international in nature and share information and tactics. Success in the US will definitely mean no one is safe.

If you stream Netflix or Twitch or anything like that, you are at risk of seeing fees being implemented or rising due to these events. It WILL affect you, eventually.

For anyone who feels this is only a US thing, here are some links to consider:

http://www.finitesolutions.co.uk/blog/net-neutrality-uk/

https://savetheinternet.eu/

Just as Americans "won" the battle for net neutrality just a couple of years ago, telco companies all over the world are watching carefully to renew the attack globally if we lose this time. Don't be complacent and think it's safe and settled in your country. These companies are international in nature and share information and tactics. Success in the US will definitely mean no one is safe.

If you stream Netflix or Twitch or anything like that, you are at risk of seeing fees being implemented or rising due to these events. It WILL affect you, eventually.
Well said TK! I can't like this twice so I am going to just reply for no reason other than to say ... This ^^^^

I'm well aware this will affect everyone. The fact that the US is deciding for the rest of the world (again) and I'm not allowed to have my say is exactly why I'm so pissed about this whole ordeal.

I've been hearing about this for a while now and decided to look into it. Not. Cool. Net neutrality seems like something that would be a universal right, and it is unnerving to see traffic prioritization of this magnitude come into play to take advantage of people, groups of people, and the market. I am not American, so it is equally unnerving to consider how this may unfold.

I seriously doubt that traffic prioritization will take flight, considering the furious backlash it's been getting, but if we all continue to be loud in our protest of this, something will have to happen.

I've been hearing about this for a while now and decided to look into it. Not. Cool. Net neutrality seems like something that would be a universal right, and it is unnerving to see traffic prioritization of this magnitude come into play to take advantage of people, groups of people, and the market. I am not American, so it is equally unnerving to consider how this may unfold.

I seriously doubt that traffic prioritization will take flight, considering the furious backlash it's been getting, but if we all continue to be loud in our protest of this, something will have to happen.
Ya what He Said

hey look America trying to ruin the internet for everyone all in the name of money.... again!

I really wish I could fill out this form but unfortunately I'm Canadian, so all I can really do is spread this around more on social media. (which I have and continue to do)

I want to take action against this, but I'm a little reluctant because I don't feel like I have a full understanding of the issue. Could someone give me an example of how the internet is changed if the FCC/ISPs have their way?

I want to take action against this, but I'm a little reluctant because I don't feel like I have a full understanding of the issue. Could someone give me an example of how the internet is changed if the FCC/ISPs have their way?
upload_2017-7-12_14-2-52.png

I gotta say, I'm surprised they're still trying to get this to happen with the sheer amount of backlash that they've been getting.

Even if this is only for the internet acces of one state/country, I highly doubt that they will achieve what they try achieving here. The internet is pretty much uncontrolable at this point.

Back
Top Bottom