tModLoader Intrinsics - Bind equipment and buffs to players permanently

hamstar

Terrarian

Intrinsics

v1.3.0.2

Mirror

Requires Mod Helpers

Allows binding items permanently to players without consuming inventory or equipment slots (by way of API, commands, or the Impartment Contract item). Bound items may be toggled freely in a UI dialog. Configurable.

To acquire Impartment Contracts, you must find the Wandering Ghost NPC. He rarely spawns in the underground, and will accept rare item trades for Contract Tatters (talk to him for hints on items he'll trade for). You can craft 3 tatters into 1 Blank Contract, and then drag and drop an item onto it to craft an Impartment Contact, which may be used freely.

Source available. API available (also applied as Mod.Call bindings). Config settings here.

This is still beta. Future plans:
  • Information accessories
  • Summon items
  • More API/commands

Intrinsics.png

Last edited:
v1.3.0.2
  • Fixed error with applying contract for item with unusual rarity
v1.3.0.1
  • Fixed crash from certain item rarities
v1.3.0
  • Implemented scribe mode
  • Restructured player and mod draw code files
v1.2.0
  • Set wandering ghost to appear on lifeform analyzers
  • Added setting to control ghost fade amount
  • Added DebugModeInfo messages
v1.1.3.1
  • Refactored UI draw code (newer standard)
v1.1.3
  • Added bindable hotkey for intrinsics control panel
  • Restructured project folders
v1.1.2.3
  • Set blank contract to not be usable (solves some issues?)
  • Modified IntrinsicsAPI.ApplyIntrinsic to allow specifying contract enabling
  • Fixed contract creation during autopause
v1.1.2.2
  • Added saving and syncing of item enabled states
  • Fixed some possible syncing issues
v1.1.2.1
  • Fixed multiple spawns of WanderingGhost
  • Reduced wandering ghost's spawn rate (0.012)
v1.1.2
  • Updated for TML11.5
  • Implemented FloatInputElement for config
  • Changed configs to specify value ranges
  • Added possible fix against exceeding buffs range
v1.1.1.1
  • Attempted fix for intrinsics sync issue
v1.1.1
  • Added item tooltips for UI list items
  • Fixed issue of Impartment Contracts inheriting previous contract settings
v1.1.0
  • Updated to TML11.4 & MH5b
  • Changed config and internal item keys to use ItemDefinition
  • Merged library code with Mod Helpers v5
v1.0.1
  • Added log outputs for contract creation fails
  • Fixed issue with impartment contract creation sync
  • Fixed issue with impartment contract usage sync
  • Tweaked Impartment Contract item animation
v1.0.0.3
  • Fixed MP sync for Impartment Contract creation from Blank Contracts
  • Added autopause mode handling for creating impartment contracts
v1.0.0.2
  • Fixed intrinsics dialog icon scaling for animated items
v1.0.0.1
  • Refactored intrinsics UI dialog to use a new button element specifically for intrinsics list items (implements drawing item icons)
  • Fixed missing ReceiveOnClient method for SyncClient (and renamed Receive to ReceiveOnServer)
  • Removed some redundant (and possibly harmful?) internal item list functionality from BlankContractItem
  • Small tweak to UI dialog open button position
v1.0.0
  • Fixed issue with CreateContractCommand param parsing
  • Added Libraries.Helpers.Commands.CommandsHelpers(...)
  • Refined UI dialog (close button, animated open button, larger)
  • Added button for Wandering Ghost NPC to give hints for items
  • Assorted refactoring for more correctness
v0.9.2
  • Implemented "proper UID"s for both chat command parameters
  • Implemented "cheat mode" as config setting (locks chat commands)
  • Implemented toggling of intrinsics in the UI dialog (configurable)
v0.9.1
  • Fixed accessories not applying their equip behavior
  • Updated mod description
v0.9.0
  • First beta.

Attachments

• Intrinsics v0.9.0.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Intrinsics v0.9.1.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Intrinsics v0.9.2.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Intrinsics v1.0.0.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Intrinsics v1.0.0.1.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Intrinsics v1.0.0.2.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Intrinsics v1.0.0.2.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Intrinsics v1.0.0.3.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Intrinsics v1.0.1.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Intrinsics v1.1.0.zip
    106 KB · Views: 244
  • Intrinsics v1.1.1.zip
    106.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Intrinsics v1.1.1.1.zip
    107.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Intrinsics v1.1.2.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Intrinsics v1.1.2.1.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Intrinsics v1.1.2.2.zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Intrinsics v1.1.2.3.zip
    114.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Intrinsics v1.1.3.zip
    115.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Intrinsics v1.1.3.1.zip
    104.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Intrinsics v1.2.0.zip
    109.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Intrinsics v1.3.0.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Intrinsics v1.3.0.1.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Intrinsics v1.3.0.2.zip
    112.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
im not sure why but the wandering ghost dude wont accept any items off me. i have tried lots of different rare weapons but no dice. is there specific items you have to give him in order to for him to trade?

Is there any way to allow a debug for removing intrinsics?
I added an item but it didn't behave as I expected and I notice there isn't any config or command I'm aware of that lets me remove them.

I understand they're meant to be permanent but it is rather annoying to have no way to walk them back especially if in the future there's a missing item or the item changes behaviours due to an update.

If you wanna know about the item itself, It is of course my fault. I added an item from ExperienceAndClasses (one of the class tokens) but forgot about the fact that if you have more than one the effective level gets halved (and they seem to have removed the ability for me to disable that feature in the configs), so I'm now permanently cursed with the fact I have intrinsic the first and mostly useless class token.
[doublepost=1560513115,1560512548][/doublepost]Unrelated to above, When I talk to the ghost NPC and enter the submit rare items dialogue, the box for submitting items doesn't go away even if I exit the menu/close my inventory by pressing esc, it only goes away once I get far enough away from the NPC.
[doublepost=1560513302][/doublepost]EDIT: I am silly for not checking the source/API
I was only looking at what was contained here and in the configs generated in the ModLoader folder
You did in fact put a command to remove intrinsics in the source

However I'm having trouble using the command /intrinsic-remove Class Token: Novice (Tier 1)
doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking it to do with or without quotes surrounding the item name, simply says it's an invalid item name.

I can't use the mod helpers /mh-get-item-id "Class Token: Novice (Tier 1)" either

This is likely something to do with that item not being referencable by that string despite that being the true name of the item, how would I find what that item actually is in the form that can be referenced by the command?

I can't use the mod helpers /mh-get-item-id "Class Token: Novice (Tier 1)" either

This is likely something to do with that item not being referencable by that string despite that being the true name of the item, how would I find what that item actually is in the form that can be referenced by the command?
I'll try working out another solution. Mod items should work, so that seems a bit odd to me.

v0.9.2 now allows for using "proper" item ids, which are either "Terraria.123" for vanilla items (with the number being their item id), or else "Stamina.EnergyPotionItem", where the "Stamina" is the (internal) mod name, and "EnergyPotionItem" is the internal item name of the mod. You may have to see the source code of a mod to know it's internal item names, though I'm sure there's other ways (none come to mind offhand).

Alternatively, you can simply click the items in the dialog UI list, and it will toggle their enabled state.

If i bind bind an and accesory that has an effect (for example +4% damage) and then bind an accesorry that was made from it and inherits the same effect, do they stack?

If i bind bind an and accesory that has an effect (for example +4% damage) and then bind an accesorry that was made from it and inherits the same effect, do they stack?
They might. I haven't gotten to use this mod in a playthrough yet. I'll try to think of a way to prevent this, if so.

Hi, Hamstar. The spirit spawns fine, but the intrinsic papers seem to be useless, even on items shown in the demo above. What the frick?

Hi, Hamstar. The spirit spawns fine, but the intrinsic papers seem to be useless, even on items shown in the demo above. What the frick?
Are you following the above instructions? Did you drag and drop your intended item onto the Blank Contract item and then nothing happens?

Last edited:
trying to use mining potion and builder potion. i tried to use The Ring(literally The Ring) from thorium first None of them have worked so far.
[doublepost=1560748584,1560748520][/doublepost]Would you rather discuss in something like discord? it should be faster.

Back
Top Bottom