tModLoader Intrinsics - Bind equipment and buffs to players permanently

I can't seem to remove intrinsics with commands at all, i even tested with vanilla rocket boots and using all variations of its id that I could think to try and it can't remove it

Do you see a UI button below the health bar when your inventory is open?
No I know about that menu, I just wanted to remove some of the intrinsics that I had because I made the mistake of binding some intrinsics that had situational uses, and I was sick of having to toggle them all off everytime I rejoined the game

And in the process of trying to remove the intrinsics, I even went through the process of making a fresh new character and moving all my stuff over and etc and the moment I went to make a new contract it gave me all the old intrinsics even though it was a completely different character

Also can I suggest that in the future you make it possible to see the effects of intrinsic items when hovered over in the menu? Sometimes there are items that I can sometimes forget what they do, especially if I happen to have a large amount of intrinsics. And also could you make armor set bonuses work if you have an intrinsic of all three set pieces?

No I know about that menu, I just wanted to remove some of the intrinsics that I had because I made the mistake of binding some intrinsics that had situational uses, and I was sick of having to toggle them all off everytime I rejoined the game

And in the process of trying to remove the intrinsics, I even went through the process of making a fresh new character and moving all my stuff over and etc and the moment I went to make a new contract it gave me all the old intrinsics even though it was a completely different character
Whoa really? That's a bug.

Also can I suggest that in the future you make it possible to see the effects of intrinsic items when hovered over in the menu? Sometimes there are items that I can sometimes forget what they do, especially if I happen to have a large amount of intrinsics. And also could you make armor set bonuses work if you have an intrinsic of all three set pieces?
What do you mean see the effects of intrinsics items? Items apply effects as intrinsics as they do when normally equipped. Do you mean show the item tooltips in the intrinsics list?

Set pieces might take more work. I'll need more time (or help) than I currently have.

Yeah showing the tooltips is exactly what I meant. Also could you potentially add perhaps a config option that toggles whether you receive defense from armor Intrinsics? I like using this mod as it makes dual classing easier because I can get the stat boosts from multiple armor sets, but the increased defense makes me too tanky and takes some of the fun out of the game.

Also are you aware of the fact that it doesn't remember which Intrinsics you had enabled/disabled whenever you rejoin the world/server? it's quite annoying to have to re-disable some of my Intrinsics every time I rejoin my server, and sometimes the game just completely forgets my Intrinsics and I have to spawn in a contract and use it to get them all back.

Edit: And some more information about that bug, I've been playing on a dedicated server that I'm hosting on the same PC that I'm playing on, if that could've possibly contributed to this glitch

Yeah showing the tooltips is exactly what I meant. Also could you potentially add perhaps a config option that toggles whether you receive defense from armor Intrinsics? I like using this mod as it makes dual classing easier because I can get the stat boosts from multiple armor sets, but the increased defense makes me too tanky and takes some of the fun out of the game.

Also are you aware of the fact that it doesn't remember which Intrinsics you had enabled/disabled whenever you rejoin the world/server? it's quite annoying to have to re-disable some of my Intrinsics every time I rejoin my server, and sometimes the game just completely forgets my Intrinsics and I have to spawn in a contract and use it to get them all back.

Edit: And some more information about that bug, I've been playing on a dedicated server that I'm hosting on the same PC that I'm playing on, if that could've possibly contributed to this glitch
You'll have to tell me if I fixed it (v1.1.1).

About the problem of vanishing intrinsics I reported via ModHelper earlier this week:

At first I thought the update fixed it, but somehow the buffs are decaying over subsequent logins.

The first problem I had doesn't appear anymore, which was after applying two different potions to two separate contracts, I had 2 identical contracts both giving both intrinsics instead of each one only the potion I applied onto it.

The second problem of vanishing intrinsics still happens. Here's what I can tell so far: I log in to my locally hosted multyplayer server. I apply shinging potion to a blank contract. I impart shining potion by consuming the impartment contract. I have the shine buff without a countdown. So far, everything is as expected.
Now I log out to the main menu and rejoin the server. Buff is still there as expected. Now I relog a second time onto the same server. The buff icon is visible for a fraction of a second and then vanishes what feels like one or very few tics later. So it vanishes upon the second login after the impartment, no matter if I use the same world or the other one we're using in parallel.
If I do the impartment in singleplayer, I can reopen singleplayer in this world at least 5 times with the buff staying there as expected. As soon as I use that same character to log in to a server for the second time, the buff vanishes. So SP imparting -> SP -> SP -> SP .... -> SP -> MP -> MP and now the buff vanishes. The same happens if I do SP -> SP .... -> MP -> SP. So the buff vanishes upon the first opening of the character, be it in MP or SP, after having joined a MP world with the buff active.
If I do the impartment in multiplayer, I can join and rejoin a SP world after that - buff works. As soon as I join a MP server or open SP after joining MP with an active intrinsic, it vanishes. I have tried different combinations of 3 worlds, it does not make a difference to the x -> [SP, -> SP -> SP -> ... -> SP ->] -> MP -> MP pattern that leads to the buff vanishing.

I hope you can reproduce it like that. Throwing in client and server logs for good measure. Please advise wether I should or shouldn't do that because of privacy concerns.

Attachments

• client.log
    16 KB · Views: 96
  • server.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 95
  • server2.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 94
About the problem of vanishing intrinsics I reported via ModHelper earlier this week:

At first I thought the update fixed it, but somehow the buffs are decaying over subsequent logins.

The first problem I had doesn't appear anymore, which was after applying two different potions to two separate contracts, I had 2 identical contracts both giving both intrinsics instead of each one only the potion I applied onto it.

The second problem of vanishing intrinsics still happens. Here's what I can tell so far: I log in to my locally hosted multyplayer server. I apply shinging potion to a blank contract. I impart shining potion by consuming the impartment contract. I have the shine buff without a countdown. So far, everything is as expected.
Now I log out to the main menu and rejoin the server. Buff is still there as expected. Now I relog a second time onto the same server. The buff icon is visible for a fraction of a second and then vanishes what feels like one or very few tics later. So it vanishes upon the second login after the impartment, no matter if I use the same world or the other one we're using in parallel.
If I do the impartment in singleplayer, I can reopen singleplayer in this world at least 5 times with the buff staying there as expected. As soon as I use that same character to log in to a server for the second time, the buff vanishes. So SP imparting -> SP -> SP -> SP .... -> SP -> MP -> MP and now the buff vanishes. The same happens if I do SP -> SP .... -> MP -> SP. So the buff vanishes upon the first opening of the character, be it in MP or SP, after having joined a MP world with the buff active.
If I do the impartment in multiplayer, I can join and rejoin a SP world after that - buff works. As soon as I join a MP server or open SP after joining MP with an active intrinsic, it vanishes. I have tried different combinations of 3 worlds, it does not make a difference to the x -> [SP, -> SP -> SP -> ... -> SP ->] -> MP -> MP pattern that leads to the buff vanishing.

I hope you can reproduce it like that. Throwing in client and server logs for good measure. Please advise wether I should or shouldn't do that because of privacy concerns.
Thanks for the log files, though they didn't give any relevant information this time. Fortunately, I had a haunch what the problem might be. Try v1.1.1.1 and tell me if you notice any improvement.

As far as I can tell, your new update did fix the issue of sharing intrinsics between characters as the character that I've been playing with since trying to make a new one, is that all my intrinsics are now gone, but further testing will likely be needed.

Edit: I also would like to suggest when when creating an intrinsic for multiple items and in turn creating multiple signed contracts in your inventory, could you add a check on creation that checks your inventory for a signed contract already present? Seeing how when adding multiple new intrinsics you would only have to use one of the resulting contracts to receive all the new effects, so adding a check for an existing signed contract in your inventory would be a nice little quality of life thing.

Scratch my last edit, just realized that your update changed new contracts to only contain the new item and update the current list on use, rather than be filled with every current item

Last edited:
Thanks for the log files, though they didn't give any relevant information this time. Fortunately, I had a haunch what the problem might be. Try v1.1.1.1 and tell me if you notice any improvement.
Your haunch appears to have been nourishing. I will update you if I notice anything not working anymore. Thanks for the quick fix!

Oh, and the ghost NPC is immune to lava, which I guess is intentional? Messed up my farm because several ghosts were floating in the lava and almost only bunnies were spawning. I had the spawn chance on the default of 0.015 but turned it down to 0 for now.

Your haunch appears to have been nourishing. I will update you if I notice anything not working anymore. Thanks for the quick fix!

Oh, and the ghost NPC is immune to lava, which I guess is intentional? Messed up my farm because several ghosts were floating in the lava and almost only bunnies were spawning. I had the spawn chance on the default of 0.015 but turned it down to 0 for now.
Well, it is a ghost. I have a hunch I should probably clamp it's spawns when one is active.

On the issue of the npc, perhaps find a way to make it so it cannot be killed but also doesn't cause critters to spawn? perhaps by classifying it as something besides an npc if possible?

Also in the future, could you add an option in the configs to limit the max amount of each type of intrinsic? likely adding this along with a way to remove current intrinsics? I plan to use this in a playthrough with a serious focus on classes and dualclassing and having something like this so you can limit people to a total of two armor sets for example would be really nice

And about my suggestion to be able to optionally disable defense gains from armor intrinsics, are you able/willing to do that? Or is it currently not feasible for you to do?

On the issue of the npc, perhaps find a way to make it so it cannot be killed but also doesn't cause critters to spawn? perhaps by classifying it as something besides an npc if possible?
I'd have to tinker with it. This would be something I could use help for, as I have very little time.

Also in the future, could you add an option in the configs to limit the max amount of each type of intrinsic? likely adding this along with a way to remove current intrinsics? I plan to use this in a playthrough with a serious focus on classes and dualclassing and having something like this so you can limit people to a total of two armor sets for example would be really nice
Well, I could add more API bindings, and then let a modder make a game mode mod that applies such restrictions. It would take me too long to make configs for more than just limiting armors or accessories or buffs in general.

And about my suggestion to be able to optionally disable defense gains from armor intrinsics, are you able/willing to do that? Or is it currently not feasible for you to do?
I'd have to do some hackish stuff to implement that, like comparing before and after defense stats and then subtracting from it. Might be buggy with some mods. I'll try to add an experimental config setting for that in the next version.

I'd have to tinker with it. This would be something I could use help for, as I have very little time.
I wish I could help you but I don't have any experience modding for terraria, I don't even know which coding language it uses, despite the fact that I would love to learn. I've done some small toying around and made some basic code in C# with visual studio for a class, but I'm admittedly kind of intimidated by the huge interface.

I'd have to do some hackish stuff to implement that, like comparing before and after defense stats and then subtracting from it. Might be buggy with some mods. I'll try to add an experimental config setting for that in the next version.
Awesome, thank you for this, I have more ideas for this mod honestly but since I've already been bombarding you with them I'll just keep quiet since I feel I've suggested enough.

Back
Top Bottom