tModLoader Intrinsics - Bind equipment and buffs to players permanently

Nope, I actually don't like that setting lol. Very rarely do I touch it.
I can't replicate this issue. I did however discover that autopause still breaks the contract creation. Maybe my latest fix will solve your issue as well?

You'll have to wait a day or 2, since it's being held off until tML 0.11.6.1 comes out.

I can't replicate this issue. I did however discover that autopause still breaks the contract creation. Maybe my latest fix will solve your issue as well?

You'll have to wait a day or 2, since it's being held off until tML 0.11.6.1 comes out.
Well I'll certainly give it a try when available. In the meantime, I'm going through my computer and uninstalling a few things, deleting junk, defragmenting, cleaning the computer to optimize it in general. It has been a while since I did that, so I'm hoping this can help my computer run a bit smoother and help the game a bit.

I hope this doesn't count as a double post, it's been days since I last posted here and that post has been seen for sure.

I figured out how to get the contracts to accept items, though it doesn't say or show this in the first post. I have to grab the blank contract, click outside the inventory with it to use (makes the star sound), place it back in the inventory, drop any item I want on it, the item and blank contract combine, the intrinsic can be activated. I don't know why it works like this, but it does, I guess that's some sort of last-resort feature implemented to force the blank contract to work in case of other issues?

I hope this doesn't count as a double post, it's been days since I last posted here and that post has been seen for sure.

I figured out how to get the contracts to accept items, though it doesn't say or show this in the first post. I have to grab the blank contract, click outside the inventory with it to use (makes the star sound), place it back in the inventory, drop any item I want on it, the item and blank contract combine, the intrinsic can be activated. I don't know why it works like this, but it does, I guess that's some sort of last-resort feature implemented to force the blank contract to work in case of other issues?
That... is weird. I wonder why it's making you do that.

That gives me something to look into.

That... is weird. I wonder why it's making you do that.

That gives me something to look into.
After disabling even more mods (mostly small stuff I didn't plan on using or had so little I didn't care about them), the contracts work as intended again (a couple instances I still need to use the blank first to get it working, but otherwise it's good). I still don't know why, I didn't think my computer was that bad despite being around 8 years old (it was a gaming laptop, already not the best option but it has worked for me even to today, and it was the best back when I got it).

Out of curiosity, what's the most mods you've run? How much RAM do you have?

After disabling even more mods (mostly small stuff I didn't plan on using or had so little I didn't care about them), the contracts work as intended again (a couple instances I still need to use the blank first to get it working, but otherwise it's good).
A couple of instances? Do you mean existing items from before, or newly created blank contract items? What is the list of mods that were causing the issue, if you don't mind digging them up?

I may have tracked down something that might be a factor, but I can't see it causing an outright failure like you described.
Out of curiosity, what's the most mods you've run? How much RAM do you have?
It won't matter how much RAM you have while running 32 bit tModLoader since 32 bit programs are limited to 2 gigabytes of memory use. I've never had issues with RAM, but I don't load on tons of mods at any given time.

A couple of instances? Do you mean existing items from before, or newly created blank contract items? What is the list of mods that were causing the issue, if you don't mind digging them up?

I may have tracked down something that might be a factor, but I can't see it causing an outright failure like you described.

It won't matter how much RAM you have while running 32 bit tModLoader since 32 bit programs are limited to 2 gigabytes of memory use. I've never had issues with RAM, but I don't load on tons of mods at any given time.
By a couple of instances, I mean that on occasion I still need to grab the blank contract, use it outside of the inventory, drop it back in, drop the item on it for it to work, but most of the time it works now like your gif.

My mod list should be in that log file I uploaded last page, that's the tModLoader log that shows all the mods loaded and everything going on (there were a lot of mods, to list them would certainly take time).

I'm not using the 32 bit tModLoader, I'm using the 64 bit version on this very forum, it allows more than 2 gigabytes (I have a 16 GB RAM). With 32 bit, Terraria crashes if you try to load, say, Calamity, Thorium, W1K, Sacred Tools, Joost, etc big mods, it can only handle about 4 big mods and a bunch of small ones, after that it just has an error loading (out of memory) or outright crashes. Since I learned about 64 bit tModLoader, I've been running multiple big mods and many small mods. Takes a while to load everything, there are stutters and pauses, but it doesn't crash or anything. However, the game does run a bit slower than it should (especially around crafting tables and such, so many recipes) and has hiccups occasionally (lag spikes), which is why I initially mentioned the game being slow might have to do with the blank contracts not interacting with the item properly. Since disabling mods, it runs closer to normal speeds with rare lag spikes.

By a couple of instances, I mean that on occasion I still need to grab the blank contract, use it outside of the inventory, drop it back in, drop the item on it for it to work, but most of the time it works now like your gif.

My mod list should be in that log file I uploaded last page, that's the tModLoader log that shows all the mods loaded and everything going on (there were a lot of mods, to list them would certainly take time).

I'm not using the 32 bit tModLoader, I'm using the 64 bit version on this very forum, it allows more than 2 gigabytes (I have a 16 GB RAM). With 32 bit, Terraria crashes if you try to load, say, Calamity, Thorium, W1K, Sacred Tools, Joost, etc big mods, it can only handle about 4 big mods and a bunch of small ones, after that it just has an error loading (out of memory) or outright crashes. Since I learned about 64 bit tModLoader, I've been running multiple big mods and many small mods. Takes a while to load everything, there are stutters and pauses, but it doesn't crash or anything. However, the game does run a bit slower than it should (especially around crafting tables and such, so many recipes) and has hiccups occasionally (lag spikes), which is why I initially mentioned the game being slow might have to do with the blank contracts not interacting with the item properly. Since disabling mods, it runs closer to normal speeds with rare lag spikes.
I just released an update. If you're still having issues, tell me if it changes anything.

Is it possible to move where the button appears or maybe tie it to a button press instead of a an onscreen button?
There's a config setting to re-position the UI button. There's currently no key binding. I'll go ahead and add one.

Edit: v1.1.3 released.

Last edited:
Any chance of adding a means of unbinding an item to have it returned to you? It would be a godsend for mods like Fargo's Souls as a lot of those accessories are ingredients for others and having to remake an enchantment to upgrade it later down the line tends to be more of a nightmarish grindfest than it already is.

Any chance of adding a means of unbinding an item to have it returned to you? It would be a godsend for mods like Fargo's Souls as a lot of those accessories are ingredients for others and having to remake an enchantment to upgrade it later down the line tends to be more of a nightmarish grindfest than it already is.
It shouldn't be hard to add, but I'm really busy right now, so I don't know if I'll get around to it. If you can find someone willing to add that via. PR, I'll make a new update.

The way I use the mod I only bind items that I'm completely done with.
So I only bind duplicate enchantments etc. Usually I reserve my real accessory slots for big combo accessories and bind a bunch of small dead-end craft ones.
It's supposed to be a permanent buff rather than infinite neutral prefix accessory slots so sacrificing the item is fair enough.

If you want you can use the debug/cheat command to unbind it then spawn the item in with your favourite item spawner.
Unbinding an item should happen rarely enough (like when you finally are able to craft the soul of eternity so you have to unbind soul of terraria)

Last edited:
Any thoughts about adding visibility as an option per contract? There are quite a few items from various mods that gives you different effects depending on them being visible or not. Just to give an example; Calamity, "Heart of the Elements" you gain higher stats while hidden. Lower stats when visible but summons the elementals.

Any thoughts about adding visibility as an option per contract? There are quite a few items from various mods that gives you different effects depending on them being visible or not. Just to give an example; Calamity, "Heart of the Elements" you gain higher stats while hidden. Lower stats when visible but summons the elementals.

And it doesn't have to show on your character, just the visibility mechanic.

BUT if it did show on your character that would look pretty wack, having so many things layered on your character...

Back
Top Bottom