intro and a question

Stone Drum

Terrarian
Just another huge terraria fan. Seriously, this is quickly becoming my favorite game and I've been gaming my whole 22 year old life.

The question- I was born without my left hand (is a round nub insead). As I get more into terraria, the more I realize the game isn't true unless you are playing on pc with the pc controls. I have Terraria on xb1 and vita, and love it to death, but I would love the pc experience if I could use the controls.

Does anyone know any sort of workaround for this? I can't seem to come up with any solutions (and there is always one as I have learned), as I am not fluent with pc gaming in general. I'm hoping for some tips or suggestions.

edit: PS, can someone also inform me of what music changed from 1.1 to 1.2? I noticed when I got the console update that new tracks were added with the new biomes etc., but also noticed at least one of the themes changed. Wasn't the current tutorial song the normal daytime theme in 1.1? I miss that song so much in game ˚¬˚

Last edited:
Hello there. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, it's always great to see new Terraria fans emerging. Unfortunately I can't be of any help to your situation as I don't have anything to suggest, so I'll just welcome you to the forum and hopefully someone a bit more informed than me can maybe provide an answer. So yeah, welcome and enjoy your stay :)

You can do most of Terraria 1-handed with the Naga Razer mouse. I've been using it, and it works pretty well. You can get it at most places for about $70. It has it's own keybinding console, so you can set the 12 buttons to dupe as pretty much any keyboard button, plus there's two more below the scroll wheel and the wheel itself functions as different buttons depending on whether you push it straight down, to the left and down, or to the right and down. It essentially gives you 17 buttons to work with, along with the two normal mouse buttons and the scroll wheel.
razer-naga-2014-right-03.png

Edit: As for the music, I think the daytime theme can be 1/3 different songs now, to make it not so stale when you replay. Just keep making new worlds and eventually you'll get the old song again. :)

Last edited:
You can do most of Terraria 1-handed with the Naga Razer mouse. I've been using it, and it works pretty well. You can get it at most places for about $70. It has it's own keybinding console, so you can set the 12 buttons to dupe as pretty much any keyboard button, plus there's two more below the scroll wheel and the wheel itself functions as different buttons depending on whether you push it straight down, to the left and down, or to the right and down. It essentially gives you 17 buttons to work with, along with the two normal mouse buttons and the scroll wheel.
razer-naga-2014-right-03.png

Edit: As for the music, I think the daytime theme can be 1/3 different songs now, to make it not so stale when you replay. Just keep making new worlds and eventually you'll get the old song again. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 1 of 2 songs (although I don't know for sure)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 1 of 2 songs (although I don't know for sure)
It is just two. Some other tracks that were added in 1.2 include a new track for the dungeon, one for the snow biome, another for the sky, one for the ocean, another for the mushroom biome, and a ton more for the new biomes, events, and bosses (crimson, rain, solar eclipse, lihzahrd temple, plantera, golem...)

It is just two. Some other tracks that were added in 1.2 include a new track for the dungeon, one for the snow biome, another for the sky, one for the ocean, another for the mushroom biome, and a ton more for the new biome, events, and bosses (crimson, rain, solar eclipse, lihzahrd temple, plantera, golem...)
Alright, what I thought.

Anyways, welcome to the forum @Stone Drum!

It is just two. Some other tracks that were added in 1.2 include a new track for the dungeon, one for the snow biome, another for the sky, one for the ocean, another for the mushroom biome, and a ton more for the new biomes, events, and bosses (crimson, rain, solar eclipse, lihzahrd temple, plantera, golem...)
He covered pretty much all songs there is in the game now. I do not know how the tutorial song sounds like, but what I do know is that there is no tutorial in the PC version so unless the tutorial song is the standard overworld theme you won't be hearing the song at all.
Also, at least on the PC version, the music switches radomly between the 2 different variants of the biome song (if the biome HAS 2 songs) at random. And by that I mean that it will play through the entire, let's say, underground theme. Once it's done it can either repeat the same theme once again or start playing the alternate song instead. Once that theme is done the cycle repeats. So you will always be able to hear all themes (except corruption/crimson theme, depending on your world) no matter what.

Hi there.

Maybe this is an idea. Just throwing it in here.
I own a Logitech G11 keyboard, which has 18 extra keys on its left side.
41H2ACP4ZEL.jpg

These keys can be bound to any key or mouse button, but they can also be unbound. So my idea is that you could just bind one key per 'island' and you'd have three keys you can hit without the worry of hitting multiple keys since they'd be unbound.
Thankfully Terraria doesn't require a lot of keys. :)

Another solution would be to have a mouse like Charmander27 posted, although personally I'd have severe problems finding the right button when there's 12 buttons close to one another.
I'm using a Logitech G500s, which has 5 buttons which are, in my opinion, quick to find and are not that easy to accidentally click. They're fully customizable ofcourse. You can assign any function to them, including keyboard keys.

Hope that helps. Dunno if the G11 and G500s are still for sale, but Logitech probably has replacement products for these things either way. :)

@Shredder thanks and cool banner!
@SuperJack1234567890 sorry if I messed up your username but I blame you. Also, thanks, but the point was to figure out how I could use the pc controls (console controls do not compare and dont allow you to play terraria to it's potential, especially with many weapons
@Charmander27 this is exactly what I need! ;( I didn't know a mouse like that existed til now. I worked out how I'd control everything, and working it out, I reckon I could play terraria just as seamlessly as anyone else with my nub on keyboard for a and s buttons, a few inventory items and the mouse for everything else.
@rangerofthewest and @MegaMage314 Thanks, I was referring to this song:
I hope it's in the pc version, because it isn't in consoles in 1.2 except as the tutorial song. That song was actually the 1.1 console overworld theme, and I miss it dearly because that's the song I grew close to when I played Terraria for the first time. I knew nothing about the game coming into it. Imagine how magical everything in the game was. I remember I threw my first glowstick in water and knew I'd found of the best games ever.
@OneOnlyDan that's perfect. I wonder why the console doesn't do that? (I don't think it does anyway).
@rubeszilla Thanks for the suggestion. Also, checked out your builds in the forums. You're amazing :D
@darthmorth I looked into that, but again I want to stick to pc controls, and also read that the mod doesn't work properly(?)
@Gotcha! Thanks for your thorough thoughts :p I found a solution with charmander's type of mouse
@XxMakeItRainxX thanks welcome to my intro thread lol

@Gotcha! Yeah the quality of the vid isn't great. I reckon it's not in pc version then? :((((((( Sucks. That song for some reason made grinding even with terrible begginer pickaxes enjoyable...I think it's because the song has an almost melancholic aspect to it. It's not exactly sad, but evokes a sort of "acceptance of a relegation to a life of drudgery work (such as mining ore)" vibe by the time the song climaxes at the end. At the same time, it has a quiet sense of optimism, a sense to continue digging your way deeper, for life is full of color, if you keep digging forward. At least, that's how the song affects me. (sorry for the rant)

Btw, the music in Terraria is literally perfect. Scary perfect.

Last edited:
Nope, it's not in the game, but I've been playing since 1.2. Perhaps it was in the game before that version and somehow got removed? Perhaps an ancient one can tell us.
I am curious now why that track isn't present in the pc version. :)

Nope, it's not in the game, but I've been playing since 1.2. Perhaps it was in the game before that version and somehow got removed? Perhaps an ancient one can tell us.
I am curious now why that track isn't present in the pc version. :)
It probably was in 1.1 (I've been playing since 1.0.5, and that track does sound familiar tbh)

It probably was in 1.1 (I've been playing since 1.0.5, and that track does sound familiar tbh)
Interesting. So that leaves the question why it was removed. Not good enough for Red's standards? Cenx accidentally deleted some game files? Loki visited and spilled coffee over Red's keyboard while he was making Terraria's game files ready for distribution?
Questions... questions...

(Red, Cenx, Loki, please don't kill me. Thanks.)

Interesting. So that leaves the question why it was removed. Not good enough for Red's standards? Cenx accidentally deleted some game files? Loki visited and spilled coffee over Red's keyboard while he was making Terraria's game files ready for distribution?
Questions... questions...

(Red, Cenx, Loki, please don't kill me. Thanks.)
Well, my first guess would be Loki playing chubby bunny and then knocked his bacon vodka all over Red's keyboard...after all, he was there for a weekly sacrificial BBQ. (sorry, I'll leave now. :p @Loki jokes are the next best thing to dad jokes or blonde jokes)

I don't know for sure, actually. I might be wrong, but I think that song was indeed in 1.1.

Back
Top Bottom