Introducing the Void Vault and Void Bag

I hope this is like the Magic Storage mod and can hold/craft a very large amount of items. If not, will you please consider making it like the magic storage mod?
we already have 3 other items which should suffice, magic storage is kind of a "cheat mod" anyway because of the portable storage access... This looks like an early hardmode item, so it's doubtful that it will have anywhere NEAR the max amount magic storage modules can have...

So it'll still fill up with dirt, or can we exclude certain items?

Can we also get an official auto-trash, like the mod?

Not that I don't think this is super cool and I'm not thankful! XD

Mod this, mod that, can’t anyone play a game without using cheats, mods, or glitches? All of you that do are fake wannabe gamers.
Yeah, i get that mods, glitches, and cheats help out, but math, how can you challenge yourself if you do? How can you say that you are pro if you cheat? I like to see a full game done properly so i can see how the creators dedicated their work to US.
Its mathing beautiful. The sound, the art, the story, it all comes together as a beautiful world of wonder and amazement that they want us to see.
I see alot of people just calling themselves gamers and cheating or modding or glitching to win, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LAME.
Its the challenge you should look for, not the (Fake) acquired trophy’s.

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, IM JUST IRRITATED AT FAKE GAMERS.
PatriotGRiMM

Mod this, mod that, can’t anyone play a game without using cheats, mods, or glitches? All of you that do are fake wannabe gamers.
Yeah, i get that mods, glitches, and cheats help out, but math, how can you challenge yourself if you do? How can you say that you are pro if you cheat? I like to see a full game done properly so i can see how the creators dedicated their work to US.
Its mathing beautiful. The sound, the art, the story, it all comes together as a beautiful world of wonder and amazement that they want us to see.
I see alot of people just calling themselves gamers and cheating or modding or glitching to win, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LAME.

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, IM JUST IRRITATED AT FAKE GAMERS.
PatriotGRiMM
Whoa calm down. I meant playthroughs with CONTENT mods, not cheat mods like hero's mod.
A "mega modded playthrough" is using several content mods to make the game longer and more difficult, which is basically the opposite of what you inferred.
And if you think a content mod (calamity for example) can be used to cheat in ANY way by itself then you are seriously wrong. There's a reason I dislike alchemistNPC and wingslot... THOSE are cheating.
I agree with you on people who use Hero's Mod, Cheatsheet, or things like the duplication glitch though... I really wish they would just get items on their own...[doublepost=1556640523,1556640463][/doublepost]Anyway, sorry for going off topic, this new item will be helpful for things like spirit mod and thorium later.

Whoa, relax. I think someone here didn't have their afternoon nap.

If people want to use mods, or cheat, let them mod/cheat. Why should it bother you? It shouldn't. Everyone has a different idea of what fun is, whether that's playing a game on easy, on hard, on some masochistic iron-man difficulty, or cheating through it all the way.
As long as it doesn't take away someone else's enjoyment of a game (e.g. cheating in multiplayer games), do whatever you want with your game.

Yeah, i get that mods, glitches, and cheats help out, but math, how can you challenge yourself if you do? How can you say that you are pro if you cheat?

Here's an interesting perspective. Not everyone wants to "challenge themselves." Not everyone wants to "say that they are pro".

And that's OK.

For example, I wanted a Cell Phone in Terraria. I played the game normally, I grinded and grinded. But after a while, I realized something:

Fishing is really boring.

Fishing isn't a challenge. I can't die while fishing. Building a fish tank in various biomes is a trivial task, as is performing the act of fishing. Waiting for the next day so that I can go fishing again is also not a challenge. It simply absorbs time. If it's not fun, and it's not challenging... what's the point of it?

So I just used a map editor to give myself the necessary fishing-based components for the Cell Phone. And in doing so, I spared myself hours of time doing a task that is without any form of challenge just to get a bauble in a videogame. I did that with a few other exceedingly rare random drops too.

Because getting them legitimately is utterly boring and a complete waste of my time.

For some people, having to stop exploring and go back to base to empty the inventoy, then run back to where they were and continue exploring is really boring. I'm not exactly enamored with it myself. So I can't exactly blame people for creating mods where they remove that bit of tedium from the game.

It doesn't make the game easier. It just makes the game less tedious.

Personally, I've never used such inventory mods. I find having to warp back to base helps me break up some of the monotony that comes with delving deeper and deeper into self-similar terrain. It also helps me learn the underground areas, as it forces me to traverse them multiple times.

But I hold no ill-will towards people who feel differently. Nor should you.

Not everyone wants challenge. Not everyone wants the same challenge.

And let's be frank: teleporting back to base to drop stuff off, then slogging back to where you were is not challenging. Most of the time, that act will not get you killed or even severely injured. All it does is take up time. So such mods aren't even removing challenge from the game; they're removing tedium.

Here's an interesting perspective. Not everyone wants to "challenge themselves." Not everyone wants to "say that they are pro".

And that's OK.

For example, I wanted a Cell Phone in Terraria. I played the game normally, I grinded and grinded. But after a while, I realized something:

Fishing is really boring.

Fishing isn't a challenge. I can't die while fishing. Building a fish tank in various biomes is a trivial task, as is performing the act of fishing. Waiting for the next day so that I can go fishing again is also not a challenge. It simply absorbs time. If it's not fun, and it's not challenging... what's the point of it?

So I just used a map editor to give myself the necessary fishing-based components for the Cell Phone. And in doing so, I spared myself hours of time doing a task that is without any form of challenge just to get a bauble in a videogame. I did that with a few other exceedingly rare random drops too.

Because getting them legitimately is utterly boring and a complete waste of my time.

For some people, having to stop exploring and go back to base to empty the inventoy, then run back to where they were and continue exploring is really boring. I'm not exactly enamored with it myself. So I can't exactly blame people for creating mods where they remove that bit of tedium from the game.

It doesn't make the game easier. It just makes the game less tedious.

Personally, I've never used such inventory mods. I find having to warp back to base helps me break up some of the monotony that comes with delving deeper and deeper into self-similar terrain. It also helps me learn the underground areas, as it forces me to traverse them multiple times.

But I hold no ill-will towards people who feel differently. Nor should you.

Not everyone wants challenge. Not everyone wants the same challenge.

And let's be frank: teleporting back to base to drop stuff off, then slogging back to where you were is not challenging. Most of the time, that act will not get you killed or even severely injured. All it does is take up time. So such mods aren't even removing challenge from the game; they're removing tedium.
Self righteous much? Are you proud that you can justify cheating? No matter how you put it, you just suck at the game and have to cheat to win or get something your way. Its honestly pathetic. And whats even more pathetic is that you just “have to” protect other cheaters and say its ok. Why do you encourage rule breaking?
Why do you encourage others to take the “easy way out” thats whats wrong with this world today, is people like you just don’t realize the consequences that this does to the world nature.

I still wanna know if void bag will fill up with dirt while I'm digging or if it'll just be useful loot XD

Self righteous much? Are you proud that you can justify cheating? No matter how you put it, you just suck at the game and have to cheat to win or get something your way. Its honestly pathetic. And whats even more pathetic is that you just “have to” protect other cheaters and say its ok. Why do you encourage rule breaking?
Why do you encourage others to take the “easy way out” thats whats wrong with this world today, is people like you just don’t realize the consequences that this does to the world nature.
@Kristo Artæmeus Grimm, you’re heading into personal jab territory now. If you decide to post further, please keep the discussion focused on the topic at hand and not about your opinion of other members.

I’m happy to discuss this further with you if you’d like, but it should be in a private message and not in this thread so that it can get back on topic. You can message me HERE.

Maybe an option to only pick up whats already stacked? That would be nice.
[doublepost=1556669846,1556669454][/doublepost]My apologies
@Kristo Artæmeus Grimm, you’re heading into personal jab territory now. If you decide to post further, please keep the discussion focused on the topic at hand and not about your opinion of other members.

I’m happy to discuss this further with you if you’d like, but it should be in a private message and not in this thread so that it can get back on topic. You can message me HERE.

Self righteous much? Are you proud that you can justify cheating? No matter how you put it, you just suck at the game and have to cheat to win or get something your way.

That is an... odd reaction to what I said. After all, none of the things I specifically mentioned were items I "have to cheat to win". In all of those cases, I could have spent hours upon hours grinding, doing repetitive and uninteresting tasks. Again, fishing isn't hard; it's not challenging. There was never any sense that I was somehow physically incapable of performing those tasks.

I was merely unwilling to take the time to do it. There's a difference between "have to cheat" and "I'd rather cheat".

I can walk 10 miles to the store. But I would rather get in the car and drive there.

I've beaten incredibly difficult games before, some of the classic games even. I have no problem meeting a game's challenge... so long as it presents an actual challenge, one that is actually enjoyable. "Kill the Moon Lord" is both hard and enjoyable. "Go fishing for hours on end" is neither hard nor enjoyable.

My favorite example of this is the Sandstorm in a Bottle, a key component of the Bundle of Balloons. Getting that item is not a challenge. It does not require a feat of manual dexterity. It doesn't require solving some puzzle or beating a boss or some clever use of items.

It requires generating level after level for hours on end. A five-year-old can do that. I have better things to do with my time.

Its honestly pathetic. And whats even more pathetic is that you just “have to” protect other cheaters and say its ok. Why do you encourage rule breaking?

You seem to have misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm saying your argument denigrating the practice is wrong.

On a personal level, I can't really bring myself to care what someone does with their own copy of a game. If modding the game to remove tedium brings them joy, what right does anyone have to tell them otherwise?

If we were talking about a multiplayer game, where hacking items gives you an advantage against other players, that's a different matter. But that's not Terraria. I mean, I guess some people can play it that way, but that's not typically how it works.

Ok i was asked to abandon this, but its really simple.you cheat and i dont, You have no patience to play a game as it was meant to be played. Your arrogance of using cheats and saying its ok to cheat is WRONG. Im done with this conversation and would like to get back to the void bag topic, so stop justifying how you cheat or “mod” im done with it. If you have to make an EXCUSE to cheat, you should be ashamed. CAN WE PLEASE END THIS AND GET BACK TO THE TOPIC?
[doublepost=1556715182,1556715065][/doublepost]
That is an... odd reaction to what I said. After all, none of the things I specifically mentioned were items I "have to cheat to win". In all of those cases, I could have spent hours upon hours grinding, doing repetitive and uninteresting tasks. Again, fishing isn't hard; it's not challenging. There was never any sense that I was somehow physically incapable of performing those tasks.

I was merely unwilling to take the time to do it. There's a difference between "have to cheat" and "I'd rather cheat".

I can walk 10 miles to the store. But I would rather get in the car and drive there.

I've beaten incredibly difficult games before, some of the classic games even. I have no problem meeting a game's challenge... so long as it presents an actual challenge, one that is actually enjoyable. "Kill the Moon Lord" is both hard and enjoyable. "Go fishing for hours on end" is neither hard nor enjoyable.

My favorite example of this is the Sandstorm in a Bottle, a key component of the Bundle of Balloons. Getting that item is not a challenge. It does not require a feat of manual dexterity. It doesn't require solving some puzzle or beating a boss or some clever use of items.

It requires generating level after level for hours on end. A five-year-old can do that. I have better things to do with my time.

You seem to have misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm saying your argument denigrating the practice is wrong.

On a personal level, I can't really bring myself to care what someone does with their own copy of a game. If modding the game to remove tedium brings them joy, what right does anyone have to tell them otherwise?

If we were talking about a multiplayer game, where hacking items gives you an advantage against other players, that's a different matter. But that's not Terraria. I mean, I guess some people can play it that way, but that's not typically how it works.
You are making me look bad when im just trying to bring honor back to videogames. Especially this one.

Back
Top Bottom