Introducing the Void Vault and Void Bag

I think it would be cool if you could throw things out from your inventory or others such as, chests, piggy banks, safes, defender's forge, etc. And have the void such it up and place it into the void vault. Note: It only picks up player dropped items. Maybe it could also such up enemy drops as well? Just a thought.

I think it would be cool if you could throw things out from your inventory or others such as, chests, piggy banks, safes, defender's forge, etc. And have the void such it up and place it into the void vault. Note: It only picks up player dropped items. Maybe it could also such up enemy drops as well? Just a thought.
Pretty sure the only required condition for it is picking up an item while your inventory is full, meaning that if you threw something out from your inventory, then picked up something else so your inventory was full, it would put literally any item you want in the void vault. It works on all items judging by the original post, not just player dropped (golden furniture drops from pirates).

Good afternoon Terrarians!

After a lot of discussion internally, we have finally figured out what everyone enjoys most about Terraria: Inventory Management! You know, especially having your bags full of stuff and having to head to the surface to unload, followed by the long walk back. I mean, who doesn't appreciate the awesomeness of that right?

Well, for those of you oddballs out there that don't get a kick out of all of that downtime, the Re-Logic team would like to introduce you to our latest and greatest creation: The Void Vault and its companion item, the Void Bag!

View attachment 219094
Void Vault in the Comfort of Home

View attachment 219092
Void Bag in Use​

Now, we know what you are thinking? "How can these items get my clothes cleaner or julienne this pile of carrots I have sitting here?" Well . . . they can't. But all your inventory management issues? They can make them disappear! How can this be possible?! This is madness, you say!? Not so, dear friends, feast your eyes on this!

8aMNsEn.gif

(Wait, your inventory is full? Where is all that pricey furniture going exactly?!?)

O1O64xv.gif

(Oh - into the Void I see! How convenient! The purple text means it's working!)

That's right - what on the surface appears to simply be the fourth available character storage item - the Void Vault - transforms into an automagical inventory overflow vacuum when combined with the Void Bag held by the player. This combination of items will immediately whisk away any items the player picks up once their inventory is full - and deposit them safely at home in the Void Vault for safekeeping. This won't totally eliminate all of your inventory woes, but it will certainly cut down on those trips to and from home base!

We are so confident that you will love the Void Vault and Void Bag that we are selling them for the low low price of... wait, what's that? We are giving these away for free with 1.3.6? Crazy, I tell you!

Well, there you have it, Terrarians - the latest inventions from the Re-Logic labs, coming to a Terraria 1.3.6 near you sometime in the future!

Hey, Loki! Pretty cool... But will it Come to Mobile when 1.3.6 is released? Also a different thing. Me and my friend are fighting Over "Is there a Corruption Counterpart of the rotted fork?". I say that no, but he says that its the dark Lance but the Developers Decided to hid it in hell to make the Player Explore. I think that dark Lance is a spear ver. of Night's Edge, Like Gungnir Is a spear ver. of Excalibur.

Pretty sure the only required condition for it is picking up an item while your inventory is full, meaning that if you threw something out from your inventory, then picked up something else so your inventory was full, it would put literally any item you want in the void vault. It works on all items judging by the original post, not just player dropped (golden furniture drops from pirates).
Well, what I meant was, you could chuck something out of your inventory, like an ice mirror for example, near the portal. Then, the portal would just suck it up. This is different from the "you have a full inventory, so anything that you pick up will be automatically deposited in the void" concept that I'm getting from this announcement.

Also to make things simple, the void vault could work both ways, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Well, what I meant was, you could chuck something out of your inventory, like an ice mirror for example, near the portal. Then, the portal would just suck it up. This is different from the "you have a full inventory, so anything that you pick up will be automatically deposited in the void" concept that I'm getting from this announcement.

Also to make things simple, the void vault could work both ways, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
Ah, I didn't realize that's what you meant.
Well, we don't see anything resembling this, but I suppose it's not deconfirmed? It just doesn't really make sense for them to add, but it's certainly possible.

After a lot of discussion internally, we have finally figured out what everyone enjoys most about Terraria: Inventory Management! You know, especially having your bags full of stuff and having to head to the surface to unload, followed by the long walk back. I mean, who doesn't appreciate the awesomeness of that right?

Well, for those of you oddballs out there that don't get a kick out of all of that downtime, the Re-Logic team would like to introduce you to our latest and greatest creation: The Void Vault and its companion item, the Void Bag!

View attachment 219094

View attachment 219092
Void Bag in Use​

Now, we know what you are thinking? "How can these items get my clothes cleaner or julienne this pile of carrots I have sitting here?" Well . . . they can't. But all your inventory management issues? They can make them disappear! How can this be possible?! This is madness, you say!? Not so, dear friends, feast your eyes on this!

8aMNsEn.gif

(Wait, your inventory is full? Where is all that pricey furniture going exactly?!?)

O1O64xv.gif

That's right - what on the surface appears to simply be the fourth available character storage item - the Void Vault - transforms into an automagical inventory overflow vacuum when combined with the Void Bag held by the player. This combination of items will immediately whisk away any items the player picks up once their inventory is full - and deposit them safely at home in the Void Vault for safekeeping. This won't totally eliminate all of your inventory woes, but it will certainly cut down on those trips to and from home base!

We are so confident that you will love the Void Vault and Void Bag that we are selling them for the low low price of... wait, what's that? We are giving these away for free with 1.3.6? Crazy, I tell you!

Well, there you have it, Terrarians - the latest inventions from the Re-Logic labs, coming to a Terraria 1.3.6 near you sometime in the future!

Will this be in Mobile? I NEED THIS THING!!!(or something like it)
(capitals used for emphasis)
[doublepost=1555156455,1555156252][/doublepost]
the guns also can be obtained from a glowing, floating heart... and you can summon a giant flesh wall with eyes and a mouth by throwing a doll into lava... man, Terraria breaks all physics
Amen, fellow Terrarian...

Will this be in Mobile? I NEED THIS THING!!!(or something like it)
(capitals used for emphasis)
[doublepost=1555156455,1555156252][/doublepost]
Amen, fellow Terrarian...
Well... It will be in 1.3.6, so it must come to PC first then you must wait over 9000 years and you'll get it on Mobile.

Will this be able to transfer between worlds? So for example, if the void vault was in another world, would the items still transfer there?
(Idk if this has been answered yet)

I'm not sure I particularly like this idea. Or rather, I'm not sure that this is going to be particularly game-changing.

My understanding of the feature is this. The Void Vault is another personal storage item, like the Piggy Bank. So it gives you another 40 items of character storage.

The Void Bag has two functions. First, it acts like the Money Trough: an alternate way of accessing the Void Vault's storage. But its second function is, if you're carrying the Void Bag, to allow you to pick up items past your inventory cap, sending them to the Void Vault's storage instead.

My concern is that this doesn't seem to affect much.

As it currently stands, I only carry around two personal storage items: the piggy bank/money trough and the safe. Why? Because I've got plenty of other stuff to carry around in my main inventory. Stuff you just need to have on you (that aren't reasonable to keep in your hot-bar) includes gel (for when you run out of torches), wood (for torches and platforms), wire (mainly so that harvesting new wire won't clutter your inventory), the Magic Mirror, and any number of information items (pre-Cell Phone, of course). Primary inventory space is limited, so keeping down unneeded items is important. So I try to only keep around 2 personal storage items.

Plus, if I am doing some deep diving, and I run out of room for two personal storage items... I'm going back to base. It's tedious enough to deposit two storage items worth of stuff as it is. Having to do it for a third, or even fourth, storage item is not something I want to do.

Now, I still use the Defender's Forge, but it's mainly as a supplement. It's the place I put things I want to keep accessible to my character on any world, but that I don't need immediate and direct access to. Things that I'm fine with jumping back to base to pick up, but I don't want to have to search through chests to find it.

If the Void Vault is available pre-Hardmode, then I'll just use the VV instead of the Safe. If its post-Hardmode, then I'll probably just leave the VV at home and never carry it around, instead waiting until the Void Bag is available. And once that's available, I will just turn the Safe into a second Defender's Forge.

It would make far more sense to me to make an item that applies this automatic inventory storage functionality to all of your personal storage items. That is, it should be able to store into any of them (possibly with a small menu like the Grand Design that allows you to pick which ones you want to store into), so long as you have that storage item on your person.

That way, you can afford to give it to the player pre-Hardmode without worrying about making existing storage items obsolete. And you can still have the Void Vault as a later-game forth storage item, with the VB as a Money Trough version of it.

View attachment 219094

View attachment 219092
Void Bag in Use​

8aMNsEn.gif

O1O64xv.gif

Same here! it like the magic storage mod but way more limited. i wonder if there are different color and if these magic vault are seperated! if they are it can extend the inventory by a lot! and i also wonder if it will be a drop from a mini boss or event to make it fair (wouldn't be funny to get it easily)

View attachment 219094

View attachment 219092
Void Bag in Use​

8aMNsEn.gif

O1O64xv.gif

The purple text means it's working!
What happens if it doesn't work? Red text??? Or does the item just not enter the Void?

I'm sorry but considering your cloud save feature has been broken for 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!! 5 YEARS!?!?!?! (how?) This is literally a pointless update, what is the point of trying to attain this new inventory space only to have it disappear at random when your save decides to stop being recognized. This is the most pathetic development team.

Back
Top Bottom