NPCs & Enemies Invasion/Army Mini Bosses

FR0STO9

Terrarian
Correct me if I’m wrong but the goblin/pirate/alien invasion/army does not have a main boss. I find this confusing seeing as an army has to have a leader and mastermind behind such things. I feel that the various armies/invasions of terraria can be easily defeated by a player who has simply built an arena or trap. The armies should have a mini boss that is to be fought. Such as a captain or even a pirate ship in the pirate invasion or a goblin giant in the goblin army. I’m not sure how to end this thread but there you go. My little idea. You can build on it if you want.

As it turns out with a little ‘research’ I am wrong. They all have their bosses but please make them harder, Re-Logic. It’s just too easy. Honestly, I think the whole reason I didn’t realise that these armies had mini bosses was because they were so easy.

Last edited:
Yes please, flying Dutchman cheeses itself on terrain, goblin summoner’s projectiles can be shot down out of the air, and Martian Saucer’s attacks are so simple to dodge that it’s not even funny.

I think Martian Saucer is alright - it’s attacks are simple, but you’re also fighting it multiple times during an open invasion. It also hits very hard so you do have to pay attention to it, and the thing about the second phase is that although it’s easy it does prevenr you from focusing your damage and attention on anything but the saucer.

Flying Dutchman needs a rework. It’s both way too tanky and really easy to cheese, and the way its AI works mean you either run in one direction or get bombed to hell. I think it should be able to phase through tiles, have less HP on each cannon (2000 -> 1200 maybe) because it’s hard to hit, reduce the cannon velocity so you can react to them but increase the blast radius so it’s harder to hide from, and spawn more pirate minions.

You can't deny that the Martian Saucer is extremely hard though. It may have simple attacks, but like @whoneedsnamestbh said, it hits very hard, and unless you cheese it with an underground tunnel, all of the other Martian Madness enemies will be constantly shooting at you and distracting you.
I wouldn’t call it extremely hard, but it’s definitely hard enough for the event. Its balance after 1.4 is right where it needs to be imo.

You can't deny that the Martian Saucer is extremely hard though. It may have simple attacks, but like @whoneedsnamestbh said, it hits very hard, and unless you cheese it with an underground tunnel, all of the other Martian Madness enemies will be constantly shooting at you and distracting you.
I tend to just fly straight up into the sly and repeatedly make platforms with the ice rod as soon as it starts shaking so I despawn all the other enemies but I see your point.

Back
Top Bottom