Standalone Inventory Enhancements (Sorting, Auto Trashing, Even Quicker Stacking, and More!)

Incredible Standalone, ever since 1.3 hit I've been missing my sorting functions from TheInvisibleHand in tAPI and the Inventory Sorter from Gameiki.

Will we be able to change the order of sorting for subsections in a future update?
Strange stuff like Pumpkin seeds being in the middle of shiverthorn seeds and waterleaf seeds bug me a bit.

Alphabetical is fine and all- but it would be cool if we could manually customize ordered subsections too with the configuration.

Might be a good idea for someone to go through each section with a fine toothed comb to make sure everything makes sense from a sorting standpoint.
After looking back at this code, i did it terribly. It would be alot of work to implement custom order, as i would basically have to rewrite it all. I may do it at a later point, but probably not any time soon, unfortunately.

Super great mod, I'm loving it still!
I do have a suggestion though. Before, somebody mentioned being able to swap all your gear for what's in the social slots.
Would it be possible to add a function similar to that, where you specify what location in your inventory you equip from, then it equips that item? I personally like using my social slots to make my character look pretty, but I'd also love to have the functionality of quick armor swaps. So for example, let's say I have spectre armor with both hood and mask, and I have whichever hat I'm not wearing in the 40th slot of my inventory (50th if you include hotbar, or the lowest-right slot of the inventory) and say, upon pressing J or something bindable, it'd swap my current hood for the mask or vice versa.
Or I could be wearing full solar flare and have stardust armor in inventory slots 20, 30, and 40 (along the right side) and it'd swap all those out for the solar flare too.
I'm not sure how well I explained that, if you need me to elaborate further just ask.
Also, is there a way we could some of the new UI buttons too?
Again, great mod, I'm absolutely loving it.

Super great mod, I'm loving it still!
I do have a suggestion though. Before, somebody mentioned being able to swap all your gear for what's in the social slots.
Would it be possible to add a function similar to that, where you specify what location in your inventory you equip from, then it equips that item? I personally like using my social slots to make my character look pretty, but I'd also love to have the functionality of quick armor swaps. So for example, let's say I have spectre armor with both hood and mask, and I have whichever hat I'm not wearing in the 40th slot of my inventory (50th if you include hotbar, or the lowest-right slot of the inventory) and say, upon pressing J or something bindable, it'd swap my current hood for the mask or vice versa.
Or I could be wearing full solar flare and have stardust armor in inventory slots 20, 30, and 40 (along the right side) and it'd swap all those out for the solar flare too.
I'm not sure how well I explained that, if you need me to elaborate further just ask.
Also, is there a way we could some of the new UI buttons too?
Again, great mod, I'm absolutely loving it.
Honestly i believe a feature like that would be pretty redundant. As it wouldnt be that difficult to just right click it since its only 1-3 items.

"Also, is there a way we could some of the new UI buttons too?" -What?

And thanks for saying its a great mod :3

Honestly i believe a feature like that would be pretty redundant. As it wouldnt be that difficult to just right click it since its only 1-3 items.

"Also, is there a way we could some of the new UI buttons too?" -What?

And thanks for saying its a great mod :3

Also, is there a way we could remove some of the new UI buttons too? (oops)
Yeah, it might be a little redundant, but it'd be nice to be able to not have to open my inventory for it, if I want to heal on the fly without stopping the fire power it'd be cool to just press a button and equip the other helm. Considering that spectre is probably the only gear set I'd care about it for though, then you're right, it's probably not worth the effort to add.

Also, is there a way we could remove some of the new UI buttons too? (oops)
Yeah, it might be a little redundant, but it'd be nice to be able to not have to open my inventory for it, if I want to heal on the fly without stopping the fire power it'd be cool to just press a button and equip the other helm. Considering that spectre is probably the only gear set I'd care about it for though, then you're right, it's probably not worth the effort to add.
Done, uploading now.

Great mod! However, I've noticed a couple of bugs:
  • Configurator never enables or disables the "swap hotbar" button. You can change the file manually, but configurator won't modify that setting. Haven't tested the other buttons.
  • The sort order seems to ignore the "Other" category. No matter where I put it (it's currently at the top), those items end up last.

I can't open the COnfigurator and when I launch and close the game,there's no IE config.json or anything,and the mod isn't working.I'm using the latest TP version with 1.3.0.7..

I'm using the TP version with 1.3.0.7, and it's (apparently) being loaded correctly. I can sort and quick stack with the hotkey, but I have no clue how to search nearby chests, I don't know what the (default?) key is. Any pointers?

I'm using the TP version with 1.3.0.7, and it's (apparently) being loaded correctly. I can sort and quick stack with the hotkey, but I have no clue how to search nearby chests, I don't know what the (default?) key is. Any pointers?
Search Nearby Chests is a separate plugin that comes with TerrariaPatcher. There will be a button near your trash slot when you open inventory that says "Search Chests" or something.

Any idea why this is happening? All I did was rename my original terriaria.exe file to backup.exe, and put the zip files into my terraria folder. Now my two main characters are unselectable, but for some reason the "Kevin" character is working fine.

http://i.imgur.com/ankgFWR.jpg?1

Any help would be great, I really want to get the mod working.

edit: this is what it looks like when I launch the game without the mod (and everything works fine) http://i.imgur.com/3YYdK3S.jpg?1

Any idea why this is happening? All I did was rename my original terriaria.exe file to backup.exe, and put the zip files into my terraria folder. Now my two main characters are unselectable, but for some reason the "Kevin" character is working fine.

http://i.imgur.com/ankgFWR.jpg?1

Any help would be great, I really want to get the mod working.

edit: this is what it looks like when I launch the game without the mod (and everything works fine) http://i.imgur.com/3YYdK3S.jpg?1

Because you're still using the standalone- the characters you were playing on are 1.3.0.7- not 1.3.0.6.

Standalone is still on 1.3.0.6.

Characters from new versions can't be used on old versions.

Use the Terraria Patcher version instead.

Last edited:
Because you're still using the standalone- the characters you were playing on are 1.3.0.7- not 1.3.0.6.

Standalone is still on 1.3.0.6.

Characters from new versions can't be used on old versions.

Use the Terraria Patcher version instead.
Thanks for the response! So I need to install terraria patcher, and then download the terraria patcher version of inventory enhancements? Is that the only way to get it to work?

Can anyone help me?I can't use the mod.I installed the terraria patcher version,and it won't work.it says it koaded,but none of the features work.I also can't launch the configurator..

Back
Top Bottom