Game Mechanics Invincibility Change

Well, what do you think?

• I'd like it

• No support

• I like it, but it needs a change

• Worfer why are you sounding smart

Results are only viewable after voting.
Invincibility Frames are moments after you are hit where you do not take damage or knockback. They will not save you from falling, and the moon lord deals damage unless you have his special invincibility frames.
They can be abused by getting hit on purpose by a low damage attack, then when you get hit by a high damage one, taking no damage
Attacks dealing 1 damage no longer trigger invincibility frames or damage based effects (panic necklace, etc).]

Last edited:
I don't think Iframes should be removed. If people want to abuse them they have to put a reasonable amount of effort into doing so and it's their choice. Iframes have already been made harder to abuse in the past anyway.

The problem with this change is that for sources of constant damage, when you take 2 damage per hit it's 3 damage per second (1.5 with the Cross Necklace), and when you take one damage per hit, it becomes 60 damage per second. If something is done, it needs to protect the player from that.

The problem with this change is that for sources of constant damage, when you take 2 damage per hit it's 3 damage per second (1.5 with the Cross Necklace), and when you take one damage per hit, it becomes 60 damage per second. If something is done, it needs to protect the player from that.
Oh, it really is every tick. Time to think.

Oh, it really is every tick. Time to think.
Right now spikes and the Moon Lord each operate on separate invincibility frames from everything else. Maybe one-damage hits could do the same? Although... a clever player could adjust their defense so that they take exactly 2 damage per hit, or 3, or whatever is the minimum to give them the invulnerability. It would be very difficult to prevent players from avoiding damage like this and could also hurt normal players in some cases.

An alternative could be to make all non-Moon Lord bosses use their own (shared) invulnerability frames. This means that any kind of invulnerability machine won't work. (The other bosses and the Moon Lord could share because you could in theory cheese the Moon Lord with another boss which would actually be kind of cool)

Back
Top Bottom