• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Invisible Dye

Now do you see?

• As much as I can see something that's invisible, yes!

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • ...what am I supposed to be looking at?

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Laluzi

Skeletron
I don't get the feeling this would be implemented because it's redundant to what the vanity slots are meant to be (what their actual use in-game ends up being isn't always relevant to intended design when it comes to future additions), but it's not something I'd mind having available. As for the lingerie/PG-13 thing, Terraria doesn't really have a lot of room for graphic nudity and we've already got the Nymph anyway.

And invisible light pets would be nice to have.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. The appearance changes of the Moon Charm, Moon Shell and Celestial Shell are not applied if you don't show the accessory (click the eye to hide on PC).

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
1. You can be shirtless in terraria, you need male character + lamia wraps for that.
2. There's a mod that allows you to hide wings, it's called "Wingless Flight".

Through, pretty useless idea.

Laluzi

Skeletron
I think invisible clothes is a better idea than invisible dye. It's the exact same effect everywhere, so it doesn't need an entire dye value (you can already do invisible accessories, so there's no point to that,) and you can fit in an 'emperor's new clothes' joke with it.

1. No, you can't hide all accessories (wings when flying, Shield of Cthulhu when dashing and so on). Anyone can fly with wings, but only a true mage can hover on its own.. or something.
2. Invisible clothes mean that at least one set of head/torso/legs have to be created.. and those body parts would count as "clothes" meaning they might be affected by other dyes.
3. Creating a new dye that sets the alpha channel of the target to 0 seems pretty simple. Of course that's the easy solution, which means that when sitting in an invisible vehicle, the body parts covered by said vehicle might not be drawn at all.. unless they already are but just covered by the mount. :p I'm not sure I'd mind this, even if half the body is invisible when riding a mine cart.
4. See other uses at Invisible Dye .

So I'm thinking that adding this would require a minimal amount of work/time (I could be way off, though) and nobody forces nay-sayers to use it in any or all slots!

T3AL

Terrarian
Been talking with @Baconfry -- between u and me and all the other participants in this thread this is their best suggestion and we all know that.

Cinnamoncat

Terrarian
I personally really like the idea of an invisible dye, not for removing clothes but for hiding armor, i sometimes like to put some work into my character look and it all just goes to waste because i allways have armor on, for example i created a character that looks like madeline from celeste using the new (i think?) long animated hairstyle and i was really proud of it but i cant wear armor or it will cover it up.

Attachments

stefnotch

Eye of Cthulhu
Yeah, for now, the best solution is to wait until tModLoader for Terraria 1.4 comes out and then it should be possible to use "The Invisible Dye mod" with the latest version.
Though, for hair, the familiar wig is always an option.
(If it doesn't, please ping me)

Last edited:

Cinnamoncat

Terrarian
Yeah, for now, the best solution is to wait until tModLoader for Terraria 1.4 comes out and then it should be possible to use "The Invisible Dye mod" with the latest version.
Though, for hair, the familiar wig is always an option.
(If it doesn't, please ping me)
thank you for this, i did not know the familiar wig was a thing, so i looked it up and found out it's a whole set.

Schrödinger's psycho

Slime Collector
I personally really like the idea of an invisible dye, not for removing clothes but for hiding armor, i sometimes like to put some work into my character look and it all just goes to waste because i allways have armor on, for example i created a character that looks like madeline from celeste using the new (i think?) long animated hairstyle and i was really proud of it but i cant wear armor or it will cover it up.
Familiar clothes exists since pretty much forever, fyi

Top Bottom