Items Invisible Dye

Now do you see?

• As much as I can see something that's invisible, yes!

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ...what am I supposed to be looking at?

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
I don't get the feeling this would be implemented because it's redundant to what the vanity slots are meant to be (what their actual use in-game ends up being isn't always relevant to intended design when it comes to future additions), but it's not something I'd mind having available. As for the lingerie/PG-13 thing, Terraria doesn't really have a lot of room for graphic nudity and we've already got the Nymph anyway.

And invisible light pets would be nice to have.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. The appearance changes of the Moon Charm, Moon Shell and Celestial Shell are not applied if you don't show the accessory (click the eye to hide on PC).

1. You can be shirtless in terraria, you need male character + lamia wraps for that.
2. There's a mod that allows you to hide wings, it's called "Wingless Flight".

Through, pretty useless idea.

I think invisible clothes is a better idea than invisible dye. It's the exact same effect everywhere, so it doesn't need an entire dye value (you can already do invisible accessories, so there's no point to that,) and you can fit in an 'emperor's new clothes' joke with it.

1. No, you can't hide all accessories (wings when flying, Shield of Cthulhu when dashing and so on). Anyone can fly with wings, but only a true mage can hover on its own.. or something.
2. Invisible clothes mean that at least one set of head/torso/legs have to be created.. and those body parts would count as "clothes" meaning they might be affected by other dyes.
3. Creating a new dye that sets the alpha channel of the target to 0 seems pretty simple. Of course that's the easy solution, which means that when sitting in an invisible vehicle, the body parts covered by said vehicle might not be drawn at all.. unless they already are but just covered by the mount. :p I'm not sure I'd mind this, even if half the body is invisible when riding a mine cart.
4. See other uses at Invisible Dye .

So I'm thinking that adding this would require a minimal amount of work/time (I could be way off, though) and nobody forces nay-sayers to use it in any or all slots!

Been talking with @Baconfry -- between u and me and all the other participants in this thread this is their best suggestion and we all know that.

I personally really like the idea of an invisible dye, not for removing clothes but for hiding armor, i sometimes like to put some work into my character look and it all just goes to waste because i allways have armor on, for example i created a character that looks like madeline from celeste using the new (i think?) long animated hairstyle and i was really proud of it but i cant wear armor or it will cover it up.

Attachments

• madeline player.JPG
    madeline player.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 92
Yeah, for now, the best solution is to wait until tModLoader for Terraria 1.4 comes out and then it should be possible to use "The Invisible Dye mod" with the latest version.
Though, for hair, the familiar wig is always an option.
(If it doesn't, please ping me)

Last edited:
Yeah, for now, the best solution is to wait until tModLoader for Terraria 1.4 comes out and then it should be possible to use "The Invisible Dye mod" with the latest version.
Though, for hair, the familiar wig is always an option.
(If it doesn't, please ping me)
thank you for this, i did not know the familiar wig was a thing, so i looked it up and found out it's a whole set.

I personally really like the idea of an invisible dye, not for removing clothes but for hiding armor, i sometimes like to put some work into my character look and it all just goes to waste because i allways have armor on, for example i created a character that looks like madeline from celeste using the new (i think?) long animated hairstyle and i was really proud of it but i cant wear armor or it will cover it up.
Familiar clothes exists since pretty much forever, fyi

I recently played around with Yoraiz0r's Spell. I found out that by putting it in the 1st vanity slot and dying it with twilight dye you can make the particles completely invisible (Fly without wings). You can even put on capes and such. I think that's what some of you were looking for with the invisible dye. I hope it helps! :)

You will have to try it yourself since i don't really know how to show it.

I hear complaints about not being able to hide wings, and some people have wanted to hide accessories in vanity slots. And personally, I'm still disappointed about not having the option to go shirtless in Terraria (my character is a girl, please don't judge me).

Bam, invisible dye. This is a unique dye in that what's supposed to be dyed instead becomes invisible. That means that wearing it in clothing slots replaces your clothing sprite with a new sprite of underwear. Yes, girls will keep their lingerie on, stop asking. The color of the underwear depends on character creation, and of course can be changed at a dresser. It changes helmet sprites into the Familiar Wig, if you can't be assed buying one. But if you try to use Invisible Dye with the Familiar Wig, you can appear bald.

You WILL be able to hide wings with this item. (I'd like to propose that cape animations change while flying.) You can also hide any accessory in the vanity slot, handy if you're like me and you alternate between the Ankh Shield and an Emblem but the Shield isn't part of your costume.

The drawback is that the dye plant for Invisible Dye will probably be insanely hard to find.
Thoughts?
I think that instead of having to find yet another dye plant, why not make the Dye Trader sell it instead? The guy barely sells anything, so why not give him the Invisible Dye aswell? Maybe he could sell it only during Hardmode for 1 Platinum each?

I only just Realized echo blocks exist lmao. but we don't have echo walls. and it would be nice to make things look like bottles are float.
(edit: I also just realized this thread is 6 years old)

Back
Top Bottom