Items Invisible Dye

Now do you see?

• As much as I can see something that's invisible, yes!

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ...what am I supposed to be looking at?

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
I hear complaints about not being able to hide wings, and some people have wanted to hide accessories in vanity slots. And personally, I'm still disappointed about not having the option to go shirtless in Terraria (my character is a girl, please don't judge me).

Bam, invisible dye. This is a unique dye in that what's supposed to be dyed instead becomes invisible. That means that wearing it in clothing slots replaces your clothing sprite with a new sprite of underwear. Yes, girls will keep their lingerie on, stop asking. The color of the underwear depends on character creation, and of course can be changed at a dresser. It changes helmet sprites into the Familiar Wig, if you can't be assed buying one. But if you try to use Invisible Dye with the Familiar Wig, you can appear bald.

You WILL be able to hide wings with this item. (I'd like to propose that cape animations change while flying.) You can also hide any accessory in the vanity slot, handy if you're like me and you alternate between the Ankh Shield and an Emblem but the Shield isn't part of your costume.

The drawback is that the dye plant for Invisible Dye will probably be insanely hard to find.
Thoughts?

You can also hide any accessory in the vanity slot, handy if you're like me and you alternate between the Ankh Shield and an Emblem but the Shield isn't part of your costume.

I know that many people, including myself do this. Although the point of having vanity slots is to show your accessories. I get that people use them as an extra storage for accessories which is a good move, but its not called the accessory holder slot. Its purpose was to be a way to show your accessories, so having this die make those accessories invisible kind of defeats the purpose of the vanity accessory slots

I know that many people, including myself do this. Although the point of having vanity slots is to show your accessories. I get that people use them as an extra storage for accessories which is a good move, but its not called the accessory holder slot. Its purpose was to be a way to show your accessories, so having this die make those accessories invisible kind of defeats the purpose of the vanity accessory slots
The "purpose" of vanity accessory slots is debatable. What I do know is that Invisible Dye allows you the convenience of swapping accessories easily in combat while still being able to look as fabulous as you want, and who wouldn't want that?

Very good idea. Like you said, it solves the problem that some people are having with switching out accessories for vanity/use and the whole thing with wings.

... all that needs work on is deciding how you "find" materials to make an invisible dye. Other than that, I like it!

Sounds cool, but I think Red and Cenx said in the 1.2.3 update that they were not going to implement the idea to hide wings, I.E flying without a visible source.

I'll double check on that though.

Well, you are saying that people don't want their wings too show, and their capes too while flying, with the invisible dye, you would not be able too see either. Also, many children play this game. What would happen if a 5 year old stumbles across a ton of this stuff and his mother sees him playing a game in nothing but his underwear (In the game of course). That is only 1 of the things. Well, 2.

Well, you are saying that people don't want their wings too show, and their capes too while flying, with the invisible dye, you would not be able too see either.
Who says people have to wear Capes and Wings in the same slot? If one slot has the dye and another doesn't, only one will be hidden.

Also, many children play this game. What would happen if a 5 year old stumbles across a ton of this stuff and his mother sees him playing a game in nothing but his underwear (In the game of course). That is only 1 of the things. Well, 2.
This game was not designed with 5-year olds in mind. Look at the gore. Look at the Lost Girl. Look at that :red: joke tree, Mourning Wood. People who aren't even mature enough to handle the ability to show their underwear have no business playing this game.

That's 2. Any others?

Well, you are saying that people don't want their wings too show, and their capes too while flying, with the invisible dye, you would not be able too see either. Also, many children play this game. What would happen if a 5 year old stumbles across a ton of this stuff and his mother sees him playing a game in nothing but his underwear (In the game of course). That is only 1 of the things. Well, 2.

You're implying that that's the worse thing children see in video games nowadays. I see games like Gears of War and Grand Theft Auto be played by kids this age. Its freaking pixels too, how is that horrible?

Well... Where too start. I am sure devs would not implement this... Anyway too craft it? Hmmmm?
THAT'S the weakness that you were able to come up with? Why do I get the feeling that you're here only to say that this idea won't be added without providing valid reasons why? If you can't criticize an idea with valid points, then there's no reason for me to listen to your "feedback".

Oh, and Tyler, I'm a guy.

They can, but I do not think they will. And you are not giving me much. All you said pretty much is that we should add invisible dye, what it would do, and some other things. What I am saying is that it could be hard too code this (I do not know as I am only a minor coder and the devs are major, but I have no idea atm), and what about the Neptune Shell, Moon Stone, and Moon Shell? What would it do with those?

THAT'S the weakness that you were able to come up with? Why do I get the feeling that you're here only to say that this idea won't be added without providing valid reasons why? If you can't criticize an idea with valid points, then there's no reason for me to listen to your "feedback".

Oh, and Tyler, I'm a guy.

Icons confuse me.

What I am saying is that it could be hard too code this
Even if that were true, that's no reason to disregard any suggestion. And I'm sure you could play that card against practically any suggestion in the forums. Why this one?

It's not hard. If accessories occupy their own layer, they can easily be replaced with transparency.

what about the Neptune Shell, Moon Stone, and Moon Shell? What would it do with those?
The Moon Stone would no longer show up on your shoulder even in a vanity slot.
The Werewolf and Merfolk sprites would either be unaffected, or not be used in the conditions in which they normally would be (only stats change, not appearance).

Are you finally done? Or are you still racking your brains for something else to throw at me, something that perhaps I haven't already considered? Good luck. This is my idea, and I understand it better than anyone else.

All I am really saying is that, 1. I am tired, 2. I do not like it 3. It COULD be hard too code 4. You should have put some more thought into the original suggestion, like the stuff you did not include, like the moon shell stuff.

This guys idea is great, too much bad criticism, guys come on none of your content is helping the idea your just flustering this person by saying things out of context, you know he can always change the original suggestion with the edit button and include the tiny details like the moon charm and shell.

ANYWAY
I like the idea as you can see in my avatar i have a cape on but when i fly my wings appear and my cape disappears i dont like that but at the moment i would just prefere seeing my cape and just have the wings invisible because who said invisible wings isn't cool :cool:;):dryadcool:

Back
Top Bottom