Mobile iOS Bugs

nphelps220

Official Terrarian
Lets get straight to the point: a list of the iOS bugs I have encountered thus far that I know have not been fixed.

-Angler always acts as if you've only done 1 quest. This makes items such as the Fuzzy Carrot and Golden Pole unobtainable, and also makes it impossible to obtain the Hotline Hook and thus fish in lava.

-Shadow Chests can spawn in the lowest parts of the Cavern Layer, and will occasionally contain a Drax

-Wizard does not sell Music Boxes, and Music Boxes themselves are useless

-Boss Trophies occasionally change (i.e. Ocram Trophy into Snow Queen Trophy)

-Truffle Worms do not detect players and thus do not burrow

-Life Crystals sometimes spawn as 1/2 of a Life Crystal and have glitchy drops (sometimes drops 2 crystals)

-Demon Altars also have glitchy sprites on occasion (floating in midair, or 1/6 missing, etc) and act even glitchier, breaking in one hit from any hammer while killing the player

Worm enemies (especially The Destroyer) have gaps between their segments. This allows some bullets to pass through.

Spider minions often do not attack enemies if they are clinging to a wall, which ruins their entire dynamic

Game occasionally freezes at title screen. Home and Power buttons do nothing, so the only option is to wait for auto-power-down (or battery drain if it's turned off)

Game occasionally crashes the entire iPad and loses a bit of save data in the process. Data loss is not extreme, but can be annoying (if you place a block before the crash, then reload Terraria afterwards, the block will poof out of existence)

Glitchy bars occasionally cross the background and foreground

Parts of the background vibrate like a motor if you stand in just the right spot

Gastropods and Spectral Gastropods spawn in the Jungle

Sprites often glitch out momentarily upon loading the game, with each block either becoming a pink square or a glitchy item sprite. Trees are especially notable as they become stacks of Glowing Mushrooms

Plantera occasionally gets enraged while in the jungle. This usually happens if there are enough blocks (like Crimstone) for the biome to change despite still being in the general vicinity of the Jungle

Golem can deal contact damage through a 1-block wide floor

Goblins will mine doors instead of opening them, which destroys the door (the item despawns unless you're very fast in repairing it)

Signs and similar items are still unusable. When placed, they will just display (...) and have no other purpose, despite stating otherwise

Lepus rarely drops Souls of Might

Not a bug, but Vile Powder and its related items (namely, Poison Knives) are much rarer in Crimson worlds as they are only sold during the Blood Moon

Random items might become Bait. While fun once your stack of Copper Ore becomes Bait, it's not so fun when the same thing happens to your Vampire Knives or Fishron Wings

Boots of Ostara will occasionally be transformed into Silver Greaves (and they won't change back)

Lastly, the Guide Voodoo Doll will be consumed if used straight from the inventory even if the Guide is not present.

Have any of you ever encountered these bugs before? Let me know if you have! They really need to be fixed.

Lets get straight to the point: a list of the iOS bugs I have encountered thus far that I know have not been fixed.

-Angler always acts as if you've only done 1 quest. This makes items such as the Fuzzy Carrot and Golden Pole unobtainable, and also makes it impossible to obtain the Hotline Hook and thus fish in lava.

-Shadow Chests can spawn in the lowest parts of the Cavern Layer, and will occasionally contain a Drax

-Wizard does not sell Music Boxes, and Music Boxes themselves are useless

-Boss Trophies occasionally change (i.e. Ocram Trophy into Snow Queen Trophy)

-Truffle Worms do not detect players and thus do not burrow

-Life Crystals sometimes spawn as 1/2 of a Life Crystal and have glitchy drops (sometimes drops 2 crystals)

-Demon Altars also have glitchy sprites on occasion (floating in midair, or 1/6 missing, etc) and act even glitchier, breaking in one hit from any hammer while killing the player

Worm enemies (especially The Destroyer) have gaps between their segments. This allows some bullets to pass through.

Spider minions often do not attack enemies if they are clinging to a wall, which ruins their entire dynamic

Game occasionally freezes at title screen. Home and Power buttons do nothing, so the only option is to wait for auto-power-down (or battery drain if it's turned off)

Game occasionally crashes the entire iPad and loses a bit of save data in the process. Data loss is not extreme, but can be annoying (if you place a block before the crash, then reload Terraria afterwards, the block will poof out of existence)

Glitchy bars occasionally cross the background and foreground

Parts of the background vibrate like a motor if you stand in just the right spot

Gastropods and Spectral Gastropods spawn in the Jungle

Sprites often glitch out momentarily upon loading the game, with each block either becoming a pink square or a glitchy item sprite. Trees are especially notable as they become stacks of Glowing Mushrooms

Plantera occasionally gets enraged while in the jungle. This usually happens if there are enough blocks (like Crimstone) for the biome to change despite still being in the general vicinity of the Jungle

Golem can deal contact damage through a 1-block wide floor

Goblins will mine doors instead of opening them, which destroys the door (the item despawns unless you're very fast in repairing it)

Signs and similar items are still unusable. When placed, they will just display (...) and have no other purpose, despite stating otherwise

Lepus rarely drops Souls of Might

Not a bug, but Vile Powder and its related items (namely, Poison Knives) are much rarer in Crimson worlds as they are only sold during the Blood Moon

Random items might become Bait. While fun once your stack of Copper Ore becomes Bait, it's not so fun when the same thing happens to your Vampire Knives or Fishron Wings

Boots of Ostara will occasionally be transformed into Silver Greaves (and they won't change back)

Lastly, the Guide Voodoo Doll will be consumed if used straight from the inventory even if the Guide is not present.

Have any of you ever encountered these bugs before? Let me know if you have! They really need to be fixed.
Hi there @nphelps220, thanks so much for taking the time to put together this list of bugs (I did spy a few non-bugs as well).

The mobile version will be getting the 1.3 update, and Pipeworks has rewritten the code completely, putting aside the old code. So any existing bugs (in the old code) may not even be present in the new code. However, no software release is ever free of all bugs, so there will be new bugs to find. I hope when the new version comes out you’ll help track them down.

There is no estimate of a release timeframe, and there is no info yet on what the system requirements will be.

Ok! At this point, then, it would be best to identify the bugs just so people know what to look out for. Additionally, I've found another one, and this one is VERY huge:
~Upon killing the Wall of Flesh in Hardmode in an Expanded world, the "V" of Light and Darkness that spawns will always be off-center. Both biomes will spawn on the same sidr of the world, either both in the Jungle or one near Snow and the other near the Dungeon. This often causes Corruption/Crimson/Hallow items to be hard to find, since they overlap either Snow or Jungle (so less Ebon/Pearl/Crimstone for stuff to spawn on.

Also, another question. When 1.3 comes out, will it be 1.3 as it was first released, or 1.3 with some improvements introduced in later updates (I.E. will I randomly wander into Marble Caves and get killed by Medusa early-game, or will she be banished into Hardmode? That was my sole problem with 1.3 PC.)

Back
Top Bottom