Other Art IRL Terra Blade

galacticGammawave

Headless Horseman
So, since I've had lots of time due to school ending for the summer, I decided to make a IRL Terra Blade, like @Daimera 's Night's Edge.

Mine is made of cardboard, paper, tape, and being annoyed, while hers is paper mache.

Now, the pictures and tale... of the beaten up Terra Blade.

lBCbsqN.jpg

In this stage, I had the basic shape set up, holes and all.
I cut each distinct section out of smallish pieces of cardboard.
It was very unstable in this stage, even more so than now.

8Nb8R80.jpg

Here, I made two copies of each section, and in the blade made them slightly smaller.
I then taped each copy onto it's corresponding section to add support.
Slightly less flimsy here.

(I have no pictures for this step, as I never really finished this stage, but did half of it and skipped the rest XD)
Here, I would add paper on top of it so that I could add color, and having it look natural (or at least as natural as a cardboard sword can be)

Here, I ran out of tape and had to use glue. My sister also snapped it in half, and I had to tape it together with not strong tape. It wasn't good, but I went on anyways.

AT8R6G1.jpg

I6OviEN.jpg

Here, I added color that was as close as possible to the blade in game. As you can tell, the color did not like the tape on the handle, so it doesn't look too good.
Since it was snapped in half, it's relatively flimsy, and am hoping to find a way to fix that. Also, any ideas on how to fix the color on the handle?

W72Q7AZ.jpg

Just me holding it, nothing else.

Well, hope you enjoyed (as much as you could, considering you're looking at pictures and me blabbering on about nothing like this, why are you still reading this parenthesis thing anyways?) and let me know if you want to see more, or if you know how to fix the colors and shakiness of it.

Thanks!
-SCT

PS: If you want me to make another, let me know what sword you want to see.
PSS: Here's the imgur album version if you want it for some reason:

http://imgur.com/gallery/S7GpC/new

Edit one: Recolored everything and covered the tape

Last edited:
I imagne your sister running in your room taking the teerablade grom your hand and breacking it in half as you stare in horror she then just runs out

OT i like it

Screenshot_2015-05-26-22-16-10-1.png

Looks like the league of people with sticks up their asses decided to take out their pain on some random dude in between drinks and banging their heads against a wall. :red:ing dumbasses :sigh:.

Back
Top Bottom