Is 1.4 really the last update?

1.4 is the last major update, yes. We'll still see some patches and bug fixes in the next couple of days/months, along with Mac and Linux optimization patch. But no new content.

Terraria has come to an end, and what a beautiful end it is. :)

Its been said many times before over the years but, they are really pushing what the game engine is capable of handling and doing.
Its an old game engine that is no longer supported, and hasn't been for 6 years (support ceased entirely ~a year before 1.3 released).

But yes, this is a truly wonderful note to end it on...

... but an end can lead to a new beginning. :p

Last edited:
There is still some content that needs to be added to the game, such as the vanity contest winners' costumes and apparently they will be adding more achievements. There's still going to be some updates after these apparently, but whether they are just final bug fixes/optimisations or if they plan on injecting the game with one last hurrah of content at the very end is completely unknown.

But yeah, Terraria is an old game to still be getting updates; the amount of stuff added post launch is almost unprecedented especially for a small indie company (though not so small now) and with a program that has been worked on for so long there is bound to be a lot of things holding them back (we've already heard this from Cenxx about how dying weapons is not possible due to how the engine handles particle effects). Plus, so many items that exist in the game that are severely underpowered/obsolete/the whole existence of summoner equipment being retroactively added to the rest of the core progression. I personally am pretty happy with this being the end of Terraria's updates, and I'd like to see what they can do on a fresh now project, and if they do decide on a Terraria "sequel" then it will be great for them to be able to take all of their newfound experience to make a more thought-out game as opposed to the hodgepodge conglomerate of a game we have today.

maybe 1.4.2 will be a thing but pretty much 1.4.1 is confirmed as the community cosmetics still need to be added

Maybe yes maybe no, maybe the devs want us to think that way and they will all surprise us with the ultimate update

maybe "journey's end" means they finally came to a stop and realized what is the best stuffs to put in the ultimate terraria update

I feel like the only major thing that could be added in is a journey's end event consisting of themed waves of suped up enemies from every point in the game.

Examples:
  • All the slime! (every slime in the game)
  • Common mooks (night, underground, rain, windy, sky, ocean [the sharks and jelly fish fly!])
  • Blood Moon + Solar Eclipse (blood moon fishing enemies included)
  • Biome Madness (Snow, Desert, Jungle, Underworld)
  • Invasions (Goblins, Snow Legion, Pirates, Martians, Old One's Army)
  • Good and Evil (Hallow, Crimson, Corruption)
  • Holiday Craze (Pumpkin + Frost Moon)
  • Dungeon's Wrath (Angry, Blue, Hell, and Rusty Bone factions)
  • Celestial Doom (Solar, Vortex, Nebula, Stardust)
  • The Credits (unique enemies that look like the dev characters)
  • Journey's End (everything)
The enemies would only drop money. Enemies have health and damage scaled up to be against end game characters. Pretty much celestial event levels of power. It goes on until you die. You win after "The Credits" but there is a final bonus round consisting of everything. The more you kill the harder the enemies get. Rack up as many points as possible until the enemies inevitably over power you.

What do you mean?
Cenxx on Twitter said that they are working on Steam Forums (Workshop), basically, an alternative version of this website, bringing more Terraria players into community-made content. This means that there is a potential 1.4.2 or 1.5 update for the Terraria game.

idk, but Next Terraria game comes with Unity B) lmao
(They couldn't do anymore big updates cause they were using an old program to program, so now they're limited cause of that so no more Big things coming)

idk, but Next Terraria game comes with Unity B) lmao
(They couldn't do anymore big updates cause they were using an old program to program, so now they're limited cause of that so no more Big things coming)
I know, I know... but (maybe, doubt that it is a joke) that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be a new update for the game, sure, maybe there will be a second Terraria game, but that game can wait until the (potential) update comes out, I mean we still don't know literally anything that could end up being in that new game anyways, there is a big chance they haven't made a single thing for that game yet. So jokes or not, Terraria might still have that update.

idk, but the Next Terraria game comes with Unity B) lmao
(They couldn't do any more big updates cause they were using an old program to program, so now they're limited cause of that so no more Big things coming)
but Next Terraria will be another game, because of a lot of already written content and mods

if they were to add a 1.5 i would think it would be something like a multiplayer update, adding cross platform and some other better way of playing with our friends, but 1.5 probably wont happen so that sucks :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom