Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Meh. Don't Care.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yeah sure, why not?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clooless

Wall of Flesh
So I've seen the features of mobile... the toned down difficulty, the extra drops (like arch wyvrens dropping shadow keys), no housing system, no counter items (like watches), only autoswing, no shortsword to start, and more.
And I would like to know if 3DS will be the same way. I would like it not to be, as in my opinion, this stuff sucks. No offense to people who like the mobile features, but I wouldn't like all this in my 3DS Terraria Experience. I would like to see who else feels the same way as me, so please voice your opinion below. Or above.
Thank You!

The difficulty will more likely be akin to the console and PC versions, the better controls would allow this, the touchscreen is a terrible input method for a game like Terraria, so as a result they had to tone down the difficulty.

I think it might be a bit like console (better controls than mobile) and a bit like mobile (Deanzor from Nintendo 505 Games has said that the Guide NPC will not have the crafting menu and won't show you all items that can be crafted with a material).

However it ends up I can be sure that it'll be the best effort that everyone involved could do. Sounds like they are putting a lot of thought into it. :)

Edited to correct that Deanzor is 505, not Nintendo.

Last edited:
Deanzor from Nintendo has said that the Guide NPC will not have the crafting menu and won't show you all items that can be crafted with a material).
You're gonna have to get a source for that because Nintendo shouldn't have a say in stuff like that.

Here it is...
Ah, okay.

No, we don't have that on 3DS.

Scroll up to see Thor ask the question, then Loki and I described it better to Deanzor, then Deanzor's answer.

And I misspoke that Deanzor was from Nintendo. He's from 505 and working on the 3DS port. I'll fix my post above. :)

I don't see why the 3DS version couldn't be more like the PC version. The 3DS is a more powerful gaming platform than mobile devices, and it has actual controls. Of course, I would say it's probably going to be more like the console versions considering the limitations of it being on the 3DS (mostly memory and no mouse controls).

I don't see why the 3DS version couldn't be more like the PC version. The 3DS is a more powerful gaming platform than mobile devices, and it has actual controls. Of course, I would say it's probably going to be more like the console versions considering the limitations of it being on the 3DS (mostly memory and no mouse controls).

A 3DS is MUCH less powerful graphically than, say, an iPhone 4. And that's a pretty old phone now.

A 3DS is MUCH less powerful graphically than, say, an iPhone 4. And that's a pretty old phone now.
Really? I mean, I trust what you say, but I wouldn't have expected that the 3DS would be less powerful than the iPhone 4, especially since it's dedicated to gaming and the iPhone 4 is kind of all-purpose. I'm assuming this is probably going to be more like the mobile version as far as content goes then.

Nintendo has a tendency to be ridiculously cheap and underpowered with their devices. All the 3DS has going for it, are actual buttons.

Back
Top Bottom