Is a permanent Pure world possible?

dyronlibaunask

Terrarian
Ive been playing terraria for a year or 2 officially now, and ive never managed to completely stay on track enough to attempt it, so does anyone know if you can actually have an official pure world? no more corruption/crimson/hollow? ik first hand that if you destroy a crim/corupt orb or alter, a new area gets poisoned. i even cleaned it up by removing the wall when i found it. but once you beat the wall, and clean the V and other spots, can you keep it from coming back for good?

If you clean up the original Corrution/Crimson and the WoF's V/X, and don't break ant Demon/Crimson altars, then yes, you can permanently make a world pure.

I've done it myself in a small world. If your world is already in hardmode and decide to no smash any more Demon Altars. (They can cause a single random block to be corrupted/hallowed once destroyed, and let spreading to do the rest.) Then there are no other sources but yourself to make corruption/crimson/hallow.

It's not an easy task to do. But living in a peaceful world without any spreading chances makes it worth cleaning it.

Though. Deserts and Ocean sand is hard to clean safely. You might need to go under the sand if you want to clean these parts. You should also take care of the edges of the map. If corruption is located off screen.Then you need to shoot the clentaminator blind.

Purifying a world pre-Hardmode is going to be difficult, that's a lotta Purifying powder (and as noted above if it's in the desert that's even tougher). Once you get the Clentaminator (Hardmode + 1 mechanical boss + $$$), the job gets a lot more practical. (At least, once you've sworn off breaking altars.) At that point you can clear even the desert by digging shafts (use the Crimsand for glass. ;-)

You might want to stock up on Crimson/Corruption and Hallow seeds before you do that, in case you want a farm or something later.

Back
Top Bottom