Is anyone else completely unable to handle spiders?

Spiders IRL for me are no biggy, but when it comes to games like Terraria I honestly quit if I see those creepy things, I already have the Jeepers Creeper achievement so I would like a mod that removed the Spider Nests, or a option to remove them while making the world, it would make me feel a lot safer when it comes to Spelunking, and I wouldn't keep Dangersense Potions on me 24/7 while I'm Spelunking so I stay away from them.

Creating a shelter around yourself is the first step into turning small spiders into giant monstrosities that completely rule your life.

Currently my problem is entering deserts because of Antlion Swarmers. The similar looking Mothron still doesn't faze me despite being an actual threat. My opinion of what I think is scary in Terraria is weird.

I'll be honest, I'm okay with spiders.. as long as I don't just suddenly notice one really close to me, that makes me scream.
Similar situation in Terraria, if I notice them before they're near me then I'm fine. But sudden spiders out of nowhere? That's a jump out of my seat moment.

I'm fine too with them. They don't creep me or scare. The only thing I dislike is their damage. They're so overpowered. Black Recluses deal 200 HP on Expert Mode...

Really?

For me spiders are rather annoying than scary. I used to farm Poison Staff in their nest and got a few stacks of spider fangs which I used to make a Spider Staff and tons of Queen Spider Staffs to sell ( I left one with Ruthless modifier for myself ). Main problem was that even when I put torches around it was still hard to notice them due to their colors. This led me to situation when I got hit by their ranged attack and got stunned for a few sec. They tend to glitch out though and can't go through 2 blocks wide/3 blocks high holes. Spiders in jungle are weak, especially if you destroy walls. I honestly would prefer them to spawn than those damn Moss Hornets.

Im terrified of rl spider like I just can't handle them, but for the game, I can. I know they are fake.

Im terrified of rl spider like I just can't handle them, but for the game, I can. I know they are fake.
Same, My brain realizes that those spiders are fake. But when in real life, I would run away scared to death. I might have gotten this from my uncle as he is also afraid of spiders too. I think I should work on that :sigh:I always tend to get a lot of jungle creepers on my way to fight :golem: <------ this guy.

From my testing, it seems that by corrupting a single enemy's graphical data, two things occur:

1. Terraria takes longer to load (staying in a black screen). This is permanent, until the original image files are put back in place.
  2. The enemy in question stops spawning completely.
I effectively removed blood crawlers and black recluses; enemies that are incredibly easy to find in their respective biomes, from my game. I stayed there for minutes and minutes and they simply didn't appear at all. In a spider nest, the monster count stayed at 4-7. When I reloaded the game with original graphical files of the black recluse, and stayed at the same location, the count quickly reached 20, as spiders started spawning, getting stuck somewhere, and attacking me.

Is anyone interested in this modification to the game? I warn you; it would be completely experimental. However, I can guarantee that this will cause no harm to your computer or the rest of your Terraria files.

I'm guessing that if Terraria can't read an enemy's sprite data, it refuses to spawn it to avoid possible glitches or crashes.

From my testing, it seems that by corrupting a single enemy's graphical data, two things occur:

1. Terraria takes longer to load (staying in a black screen). This is permanent, until the original image files are put back in place.
  2. The enemy in question stops spawning completely.
I effectively removed blood crawlers and black recluses; enemies that are incredibly easy to find in their respective biomes, from my game. I stayed there for minutes and minutes and they simply didn't appear at all. In a spider nest, the monster count stayed at 4-7. When I reloaded the game with original graphical files of the black recluse, and stayed at the same location, the count quickly reached 20, as spiders started spawning, getting stuck somewhere, and attacking me.

Is anyone interested in this modification to the game? I warn you; it would be completely experimental. However, I can guarantee that this will cause no harm to your computer or the rest of your Terraria files.

I'm guessing that if Terraria can't read an enemy's sprite data, it refuses to spawn it to avoid possible glitches or crashes.
Does this mean I can basically remove any enemy I don't like from the game?

Interesting...

Crawltipede is literally Moldorm. You hit the thing on the end of it's tail.
They have 10k hp and can be twoshot with Razorblade Typhoon. Autoaim op. Also Spectre Armor with hood seems to work here, I remember 1k heals...

EDIT

I clearly meant 2 projectils that come from one Razorblade Typhoon, each one deals like 5k damage with Spectre Armor.

Last edited:
For me it's their sound what freaks me out. When I first heard it i thought i was going to jump and say "seriously?"
IRL, what im scared of are those giant hornets (dont know how they are called in english), and every beetle-like bug.

Back
Top Bottom