Is anyone willing to commishan a mod for me?

Weasel_Bacon

Terrarian
hi im new to the terraria form comunity and ive been having this idea for a mod for a while now but i dont know how to mod so if your willing to help ill send you my discord deets and we can get started if you have any questions let me know down below

Wrong section of the forum, m8.
[doublepost=1502852964,1502852932][/doublepost]You should post this in general mod discussion.

Your thread will get locked by a moderator if you end up posting a thread in the wrong section

I've moved your current Thread here to the General Mod Discussion Section and have locked your Duplicate Thread in this Section:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/is-anyone-willing-to-commisan-a-mod-for-me.61138/

In the future, you can Report your Thread if it is in the wrong section, we will then move it for you once we see the Report. We ask that you do this rather than repost the same Thread in a different section. We don't permit Duplicate Threads on these Forums and can move Threads in most cases if they are in the incorrect section to the right section.

@GameBro It is appreciated that you are also trying to help, but in the future, it is also best to Report & Move on if you see a Thread in the incorrect Section. Reporting allows the whole Staff to see if Staff action is needed and we might not find out about situations that require Staff Involvement if it is not reported in some cases which is part of why it is important.

The word 'commission' implies that you are prepared to pay for the work done for you. I don't know if this the case (I assume it isn't), but people might get that idea, so just a heads up.

If this isn't the case, then I'll be brutally honest with you: it's very unlikely you'll find anyone willing to help you if yourself have no previous experience. The simply truth is that in game design, ideas are cheap: it's neither difficult nor time consuming to come up with them. Ideas, however, need time and effort to actually become content, and if the idea wasn't any good, then neither will the content be. So what you are looking for is people to turn your ideas (and generating ideas is a large part of the fun of modding to begin with) into content for you, without any compensation. Those people are extremely rare, as they may just as well choose to realise their own concepts instead (like I said, it's more fun). Furthermore, modding teams are often symbiotic: coders team up with spriters because either person lacks the skills of the other person, which they do need to successfully create a mod. If you yourself can't bring anything substantial to the table except for concepts, you're not a 'valuable' partner to other modders. So unfortunately I don't think your search will bear much fruit.

What I can advice you to do though is to look into learning how to code and/or sprite yourself: it will take some time and dedication, but it's a much more reliable way to realise your concepts, rather than to search for someone else to do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom