Is dungeon guardian moon lord?

Ultimate snowman 46

Duke Fishron
So, I've been thinking about this one recently, and it does sort of make sense. When you try to get to the dungeon before skeletron has been defeated, a massive dungeon guardian comes out of nowhere and instakills you. But the dungeon guardian is miles better than skeletron and it is skeletron you must face not the dungeon guardian, even though it is still about and could easily kill you. If both skeletron and the dungeon guardian don't want you in the dungeon, then why doesn't the dungeon guardian kill you afterwards?
It must mean that the dungeon guardian disappears to the shadows once you gain access to the dungeon. Fast forward to when plantera is killed you start getting ectoplasm dropped by enemies in the dungeon. This ectoplasm from the dungeon is used to make summoning items for the frost moon and pumpkin moon, both contain moons and moonlord is... well you get the picture.
So when golem is killed, these cultists appear outside the dungeon. Yet they can only spawn if skeletron has been killed (or in other words the dungeon guardian has gone off to somewhere unknown). Putting these events together you get the cultists spawn after the dungeon guardian has disappeared. In my theory: the dungeon guardian has gone off to transform into moonlord.
Killing the cultists bring out the lunatic cultist and killing him brings about the pillars. Defeat the pillars and the next thing you know, impending doom is coming.
So you can see the evidence.
If you have anything to add to this or pick up on something I've missed or state a reason why this wouldn't work in a million years then please post I am curious...

I think they may be related but I doubt they're one and the same. I'd say it's more likely that Skeletron is the Dungeon Guardian who has been weakened by the Old Man's curse. Not only do they look the same aside from the arms, they have very similar attack patterns: their head starts spinning and they rush towards the player. The only real difference in that is that Skeletron's attack is less frequent and weaker, at least during the night. Also, the achievement for killing Skeletron literally says "Defeat Skeletron, the cursed guardian of the dungeon."
But seeing the Dungeon's general theme of undeath (walking skeletons, spirits, Necromancers) and the Moon Lord not looking too healthy (missing legs and hips, exposed brain, the growth on his chest conceiling his heart) I think it's likely that the Moon Lord is some deity or similar creature that has perished a long time ago, and the cult behind the Dungeon have made it their goal to revive him. Their failed attempts may have led to the hordes of undead roaming the lands, the Demon Eyes and the Eye of Cthulhu. The Frost and Pumpkin Moon events may have been attempts to recreate the Lunar Event.
When one of the cultists decided that he'd rather live out his dream (which is to sell clothes, apparently) the rest of the cultists weren't too happy and cursed him to guard the Dungeon, maybe so he wouldn't spill any secrets. That would also explain why the Clothier is capable of summoning Shadow Flame Skulls to defend himself.

This is my take on Terraria lore, at least.

He might be his right hand man
[doublepost=1561401260,1561401243][/doublepost]Or woman
[doublepost=1561401279][/doublepost]Cant tell

Back
Top Bottom