Is endgame mage or endgame ranger better?

Ranged or Magic

• Magic is better

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Ranged is better

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters
I totally agree. It's pretty clear you played both classes , so I'm more likely to agree with you than most people who say "Mana is such a limitation, I prefer having not to stop my fire for mana to regen", which I disagree with.

I'd like to see you explain how and why "having to stop for mana regen" is not a limitation.

That is not what I asked though.
Oh, haha sry.
Well, what I meant by that was that with a weapon like the Last Prism everything is dead (In most cases) before you run out of mana, otherwise, a player quickly learns how to manage his mana. Also, almost every pre-lunatic cultist weapon's mana will take longer to run out than the mana sickness debuff. Lastly, nebula armours set bonus.
So yeah, it doesn't take long to learn. Hope this answered your question.

Coming in to drop the confirm that as far as post Moon Lord stuff goes, Nebula is way, way, waaaaaaaay better than anything else in the game by a staggeringly huge margin.

It has the highest damage, the best defense of anything by a mile (the HP regen wisps give insane regen, to the point where you will NEVER die unless you're TRYING to.) and mana cost concerns are a non-issue. Other classes are good, but nebula + prism/lunar flare is basically a Godmode cheat.

I'd like to see you explain how and why "having to stop for mana regen" is not a limitation.
If you're using nebula armor and get the boosters going, you can pretty nearly ignore mana. It regens that fast, even while you're firing.

In any case, Last Prism is the single strongest weapon in the game in my opinion, so if "endgame" means post-Moonlord, I'd have to say mage. Any time before that mages are on somewhat shaky footing with their low defense.

If you're using nebula armor and get the boosters going, you can pretty nearly ignore mana. It regens that fast, even while you're firing.

In any case, Last Prism is the single strongest weapon in the game in my opinion, so if "endgame" means post-Moonlord, I'd have to say mage. Any time before that mages are on somewhat shaky footing with their low defense.

Hey someone posted on this thread! As embarrassed as I am to say this, I played against expert Moon Lord as a ranger (Full crit gear, all weapons unreal) and the Moon Lord shrekt me :( I got his forhead eye to 1/4 health tho :/ my heartreach potions failed me...
[doublepost=1479763628,1479763356][/doublepost]

Man I just love the idea that you fight the Moon Lord's phantasmal deathray with your own phantasmal deathray :D

In 1.3 (so basically, when this post was alive), Last Prism + Nebula Armor almost certainly beat any endgame Ranged weapon, like barely any competition.

However, celebration MK2 is a thing that exists.

The thing with MK2 is that it doesn’t give enemy iframes. I don’t know the specifics, but the red rocket will pierce targets infinitely, and as it passes through them will hit every single frame. CelebMK2’s insane DPS is boosted even more by vortex stealth, which isn’t as punishing as it sounds due to the way movement speed works. Lastly, it has some spicy innate crowd control.

Nebula Armor is still great and Last Prism is still a god tier weapon in strength, but celebration MK2’s iframe bullcrap make it most likely the better of the two.

I say endgame mage because of “The Last Prism” with all the best equipments to give it more damage and auto consume mana potions making it almost last infinitely doing some insanely high dps.

ranged because phantasm and mk2 is broken with the right kits you can get them to do +300% damage, too op
the damage for ranged is so good you can make non endgame weapons do massive damage, alongside them being spammable

Back
Top Bottom