Mobile Is hallow good or bad

102x

Terrarian
I’ve recently made it to hardmode and hollow started to spread (and crimson) is it good or should get rid of it and how do I get rid of it.

It depends on how you look at it, but there are some benefits to Hallow that World Evils like Crimson don't possess.
  1. Hallow cannot be corrupted by other World Evils and will likely win the 'spread wars'.
  2. NPCs can actually live in the Hallow, and won't immediately vacate the area after "infected".
  3. Hallow has it's own Pylon.
  4. Some NPCs actually prefer the Hallow, and will improve your 'economy' if you choose to move them there.
  5. "Rainbows and Unicorns!"

It depends on how you look at it, but there are some benefits to Hallow that World Evils like Crimson don't possess.
  1. Hallow cannot be corrupted by other World Evils and will likely win the 'spread wars'.
  2. NPCs can actually live in the Hallow, and won't immediately vacate the area after "infected".
  3. Hallow has it's own Pylon.
  4. Some NPCs actually prefer the Hallow, and will improve your 'economy' if you choose to move them there.
  5. "Rainbows and Unicorns!"
Thank you! But I have one more question how do you get rid of crimson/stop the spread

Thank you! But I have one more question how do you get rid of crimson/stop the spread
A lot of things can actually be managed pretty early in Terraria, but only if you find it immersive, engaging, or enjoyable. If anything I suggest sounds tedious or monotonous, don't do it, just use Hallow instead! 🙏 😇
  1. If World Evil annoys you, try using Purification Powder and Sunflowers early-game. It'll keep things under control for most of pre-Hardmode.
  2. Quarantine your favorite places, or try building somewhat in the "Sky"; that way "cleansing" is something you're doing for 'fun', not because it's mandatory. World Evil can be pretty stubborn in Hardmode!
    • For example, building a massive wall, that even runs underground, five+ spaces wide (x+) number of spaces "deep", wrapping around until the total width you want separated is fully "boxed off".
  3. The Clentaminator is likely the 'final solution' for a World run amuck! It's fast, efficient, but also super expensive! If possible, i suggest prevention over being reactionary, because even though it's Super Effective, it's still not perfect; as I stated earlier, World Evil is pretty darn persistent in Hardmode, getting rid of it all is probably harder than some of the Bosses in this game.
🔊 "Good Luck!"

Back
Top Bottom