Mobile Is it impossible to bring 1.2 files up to 1.3?

I have been told there is no way to convert 1.2.4 files to 1.3 without updating. Is there now way to install 1.2.4? I gave away my phone and went traveling without it for a few months, so that old phone no longer has Terraria and this phone can only install 1.3.

Basically, asking if there is a legal way to install 1.2.4, or convert .cs player files to .plr and .csworld to .wld

I have been told there is no way to convert 1.2.4 files to 1.3 without updating. Is there now way to install 1.2.4? I gave away my phone and went traveling without it for a few months, so that old phone no longer has Terraria and this phone can only install 1.3.

Basically, asking if there is a legal way to install 1.2.4, or convert .cs player files to .plr and .csworld to .wld
There is a way for older iOS phones that got the 1.3 update in error (they didn’t have the correct specs to get the update, but Apple let them get it anyway) do downgrade back to 1.2.4.

But if a device has the technical specs to get the 1.3 update, there’s no way to have the device downgrade, no. And there’s no way that I know of to convert 1.2.4 player/world files to 1.3 without it occurring as the device gets upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.

If you happened to have the .cs player file (somehow), and were able to put it in the Old Saves folder on the device that has 1.3, when you open up 1.3 Terraria the old .cs player file will make a copy of itself and automatically convert to a .plr file and move itself to the Players folder.

Last edited:
I'm guessing your goal is to somehow recover old world saves? Most saves are directly saved on your device, deleting moble games tends to wipe the save data. (I had mcpe do that to me last year, and i backed the save location up and still lost the files)
However any cloud saves you have made should be recoverable. I am not familiar with IOS methods but for android it's connected to your playstore account and their affiliated cloud storage platform (googleplay->google drive) one there you should find a terraria folder with your player and world files, then simply save those on your 1.3 device then move them to the proper "old saves" folder.
I have done this multiple times as one of my worlds simply doesn't play with 1.3 as well as having multiple devices.

Back
Top Bottom