• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Is it still in development?

shpoz

Terrarian
I just need to know if its still in development, not a spoiler or a date. I think we deserve at least a yes or no.

Kazzymodus

Staff member
Yes, it is.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'deserve'; this is already public knowledge, it's not some sort of vague secret.

shpoz

Terrarian
Yes, it is.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'deserve'; this is already public knowledge, it's not some sort of vague secret.
There really hasnt been any information since they switched developers in april, its been 4 months.

Kazzymodus

Staff member
There really hasnt been any information since they switched developers in april, its been 4 months.
Still, that no reason to assume they cut development. When developers don't provide any new info, that's usually because there is no new info.

There hasn't been information because there's nothing to give information about (except "we're still working on it", which is not exactly exciting news). However, last friday during the Pipeworks stream, one of the employees mentioned that he was working on Otherworld. In a sense that's 'news' that they're still working on it, but like I said, there was no reason to assume they weren't.

shpoz

Terrarian
Still, that no reason to assume they cut development. When developers don't provide any new info, that's usually because there is no new info.

There hasn't been information because there's nothing to give information about (except "we're still working on it", which is not exactly exciting news). However, last friday during the Pipeworks stream, one of the employees mentioned that he was working on Otherworld. In a sense that's 'news' that they're still working on it, but like I said, there was no reason to assume they weren't.
I also had no reason to assume it wouldnt come out in 2015, here we are halfway 2017, last update was 4 months ago. They switched developers which is kinda sketchy, said they'd "look forward to sharing more of what is to come very soon." Im happy they delayed it if it wasnt done, but I need something to relieve my dread that it was cancled.
Its great to here that in the Pipeworks stream that someone said they were working on it.

Hyero

Terrarian
I think we're going to need a Ouija board so we can actually talk with the devs though. Even the Twitter account that was set on repeat hasn't said a word in 4 months lol.

landstalker

Terrarian
The total lack of information could be a good thing.
It could illustrate the level of attention that is being given to TOW.
Social media, forums, tweets etc are not totally necessary, nor are they mandatory.
It doesn't say anywhere that potential players should be kept up to date on a regular or even semi regular basis.

Yes, it would be nice, but I think that there is almost nothing to tell at this point in time.
It's only been 4 months since Pipeworks took control of the project. 4 months in game development is nothing, especially when the project is/was/could be as complex as TOW.
It will take longer than 4 months to unravel the cluster-munch created by the original development team and then decide whether to proceed with repairing the project or scrapping what exists and starting again.
That second decision also brings its own set of problems: do you proceed with the original design? Because from personal experience it was never a thing of beauty, nor indeed an actual finished product. OR do you create a whole new design? Which means that no code will be written, no pixels plotted until the design is set in stone and the teams know exactly what they are supposed to be creating.

If you went into a restaurant and ordered a meal you wouldn't want the chef to bring it out half cooked just to show you that progress was being made.
Verbal conformation of progress is almost as useless as none at all because what proof is there that anything has actually happened?

So really, as I have said here before, patience is the key.
Play other games, of which there are more than enough, think of other things and then when information is forthcoming you will be pleasantly surprised.

The only thing than can be stated for certain is that anything that arrives will be an improvement on the original product.

Aurora3500

Staff member
No, they are not working on it.
Unless stated otherwise by a Re-Logic Developer or Pipeworks, the game is still in development. No recent news does not mean it is not being developed.

Please do not make solid claims like this, unless it has been said from an official, reliable source. It can stir up more confusion and rumors.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
It was 10 months since the last spoiler, if that is not a new record then I will have to wait and see,
but until that moment, T:OW is in my opinion, dead.

FlyKip

Plantera
It was 10 months since the last spoiler, if that is not a new record then I will have to wait and see,
but until that moment, T:OW is in my opinion, dead.
No spoilers does not mean no development. Also, your opinion that it's not in development is your opinion, not an official statement.

Top Bottom