Is meowmere that rare or I'm just so unlucky

HiroroSan

Terrarian
So I defeated moonlord 6 times already yet it's just dropping the star wrath and the staff thing that casts a circle that shoots lasers I just want to get meowmere is it that rare or I'm just unlucky?

Not really that unlucky yet. You're still not behind the probability curve. Statistically, you have a 1/9 chance of getting Meowmere per Moon Lord kill.

Realistically, it could take way more than nine due to the Birthday problem.

Ultimately, the only real advice is to just keep grinding out kills. Don't worry about item drop rates. Treat it like a 50/50 drop: it either drops or it doesn't.

Not really that unlucky yet. You're still not behind the probability curve. Statistically, you have a 1/9 chance of getting Meowmere per Moon Lord kill.

Realistically, it could take way more than nine due to the Birthday problem.

Ultimately, the only real advice is to just keep grinding out kills. Don't worry about item drop rates. Treat it like a 50/50 drop: it either drops or it doesn't.

Yep, for some reason I feel like whenever you're looking for a specific item all the other ones tend to drop. Might just be me... or the game can read minds!

Yep, for some reason I feel like whenever you're looking for a specific item all the other ones tend to drop. Might just be me... or the game can read minds!
That's a gaming superstition known as the Desire Sensor. When you're actively looking for an item you'll focus more and more on the fact you don't have the item yet until it eventually eats you alive.

That's the thing about random numbers. If they're working as intended, there's no way to tell if they're working as intended.

It's best to just not count how many kills of a monster or runs of a quest you've done and just grind it out. Bonus points if its a comfy co-op game you can play with friends.

Just really unlucky, unless all bosses are like that. I had a similar experience with the golem, it took me 40 kills to get the picksaw.

Back
Top Bottom