• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Is Minecraft Steve or the Terraria Player stronger? I have the answer.

Derpling Ω

Plantera
The Terrarian does have a larger inventory, 50 slots excluding ammo/coins ect... compared to Steve's mere 36 (37 with off hand)

Also I remember back in 1.1 you could hit enemies with any block and it would deal 1 damage :dryadtongue: (At least on the PS3)
So, it's concluded. The Terrarian is superior in EVERY way, except theoretical carrying capacity and physical strength, which are tied at infinity.

Also, the Cursor actually counts as a separate slot, and you can use dye, vanity, and equipment slots as storage, so the Terrarian has 96 theoretical storage slots (93 if you hate expert mode), which is almost triple that of Steve, meaning again, practical storage is destroyed again.

Last edited:

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
The Terrarian does have a larger inventory, 50 slots excluding ammo/coins ect... compared to Steve's mere 36 (37 with off hand)

Also I remember back in 1.1 you could hit enemies with any block and it would deal 1 damage :dryadtongue: (At least on the PS3)
This feature is still present in the N Terraria mod (it's a standalone mod, to try it go here)

This mod is pretty old, it seems to be made in 2012, before 1.2 came out. I'm surprised that it's still being developed, it's proably one of the oldest (if not) mods that were released to the public.

Last edited:

Storm Diver Ω

Skeletron Prime
Has 96 theoretical storage slots (93 if you hate expert mode),
Maybe master mode will have a 7th slot, bringing to total to 99.
(Also yesterday on my modded world I entered hardmode and defeated all 3 mechanical bosses a couple of days later in the same night smashing no alters (craftes and durasteel armour) and also 2 hardmode thorium bosses maybe I should play expert more as normal is too easy, if only the beginning of the game was somewhat nerfed)

TheWorfer27

Retinazer
Maybe master mode will have a 7th slot, bringing to total to 99.
(Also yesterday on my modded world I entered hardmode and defeated all 3 mechanical bosses a couple of days later in the same night smashing no alters (craftes and durasteel armour) and also 2 hardmode thorium bosses maybe I should play expert more as normal is too easy, if only the beginning of the game was somewhat nerfed)
1578843319573.png

______________________________________↑ ___________________________________________________________

Storm Diver Ω

Skeletron Prime
View attachment 233466
______________________________________↑ ___________________________________________________________
We don't know if that's true yet, and I hope it's not, I'd rather Master mode be something more than just a health and damage buff, and it should have more exclusive items plus instead of buffing enemy damage (serious some enemies in expert deal way too much already), they should revamp their attacks.

Bethany

Steampunker
Either there's no way to determine which is stronger, or they are equally strong. Here's the (fairly silly and hypothetical) reasoning.

It's possible to calculate the maximum weight that a player-character can carry in each game system, but for a meaningful comparison we'd have to let them switch worlds and try each other's too. And of course since neither game has RPG-style attributes we'd find that Steve and Alex can lift exactly the same weight in Terraria that Jane and Joe Terrarian can, and vice versa in Minecraft.

But we can't switch, so my vote is for "there's no way to determine".

That said, as an incentive for arithmetic practice this topic has got to be an all-time record holder! I applaud everyone who's speculated or philosophized.

Zer0Kai

Terrarian
Thinking that nebula fragments have the mass of a galaxy is crazy. But the terrarian is still a lot stronger than just carrying platinum.

Why? Simple actually: how much does a solar fragment weights? It is basically solid high density plasma, soooo... lets assume that it is as dense as neutron star (or just around), then place a piggy bank, a safe, a defenders forge and a void vault in the inventory. Fill everything with solar fragments aaaand....

Honestly, i don't know how much is it, i don't think i can do the math. I just said it in hopes that someone would do it. (Since i didn't see anyone do it) it should give us a more "realistic" answer than the universe lifter terraria player.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Actually, I say that Steve is stronger.

He can punch wood and walls to get blocks. Terrarian is helpless without pickaxe and axe.

Edit:. Also, holy necro!

TheWorfer27

Retinazer

He can punch wood and walls to get blocks. Terrarian is helpless without pickaxe and axe.

Terraria guy also always has a pickaxe and axe (unless you throw them out), so maybe the terrarian has functional hands, but simply has no reason to use them when he has full access to tools.

Derpling Ω

Plantera

They’re equally strong. If you place an ender chest in an ender chest, the resulting mass is infinite. You can do the same with piggy banks, so the strength of both of them are tied at infinity.

TheWorfer27

Retinazer
They’re equally strong. If you place an ender chest in an ender chest, the resulting mass is infinite. You can do the same with piggy banks, so the strength of both of them are tied at infinity.
When I mentioned that point, I figured we should probably measure in non-carrying-capacity categories. Sadly, we haven't gotten very far with that so far. We could compare damage values with an iron sword, wooden sword, gold sword, or trident, but the ratio of strength (for example, Terraria's gold sword is stronger than iron, and Minecraft's is worse than iron) doesn't match up, suggesting shoddy craftsmanship could be a factor.

Valid Points:
Carrying Capacity (Tied at infinite)
Sword Damage (Shoddy Craftsmanship)

Top Bottom