Is purification permanent?

chromatic91

Terrarian
Hey guys!

I'm currently digging out 6 blocks wide tunnels or so around my corruption and hallowed.
I keep reading in guides that after doing that, i should use a clementator on the walls.

My question is, why? Won't the corruption just come back after a while unless you literally purify ALL of it?
Or does purified blocks become "Immune" to corruption after getting purified?
Or do they just mean you need to re-do it once in a while in every tunnel?

Corruption will spread if there is at least one corrupted block in the world.
I am digging a 6x6 wall around all corruption in the world, to contain it a bit. I got plenty of free time.

Why do guides keep mentioning purification powder and clementators? Even if i spray the walls, how is that going to help?

I wouldn't worry about purifying everything.

Purification powder and the Clentaminator are used to clear infection form an area. Purification powder is thrown and has a short range, clearing only a small area where it lands. The clentaminator is like a flamethrower that throws solutions instead of flames, with the different solutions doing different things. It is used to cleanse large areas. It is also expensive, at 2 platinum.

Instead of trying to contain the corruption/crimson, you might find it easier to protect important areas instead, such as your main base or housing for NPCs. If there is some near the jungle, ocean or desert, you may want to protect those as well.

Even if you surround the infection with tunnels, smashing altars after the Wall of Flesh will place random corruption/crimson around the world, which will infect those areas.

I wouldn't worry about purifying everything.

Purification powder and the Clentaminator are used to clear infection form an area. Purification powder is thrown and has a short range, clearing only a small area where it lands. The clentaminator is like a flamethrower that throws solutions instead of flames, with the different solutions doing different things. It is used to cleanse large areas. It is also expensive, at 2 platinum.

Instead of trying to contain the corruption/crimson, you might find it easier to protect important areas instead, such as your main base or housing for NPCs. If there is some near the jungle, ocean or desert, you may want to protect those as well.

Even if you surround the infection with tunnels, smashing altars after the Wall of Flesh will place random corruption/crimson around the world, which will infect those areas.
I will find the extra corruption eventually, I have A LOT of free time. Thank you for clarifying how the purification works, now i understand!
I only broke 3 altars, i get most of my ores from fishing.

I'll continue digging 6x6 tunnels around all of the corruption and hallow.

Back
Top Bottom