Console Is Terraria Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not saying its not popular, but i don't see most of my friends play this game anymore as much as they used to. obviously because they beat it, but still more content would definitely liven it up again.
Get out. Right now. Log out, and go! Just kidding.

505 are working hard to add additional items to the game. 1.3 will not be out for a while for console, even after PC release but 1.2 isnt properly out on console yet. You think this isnt planned? ;) - They are releasing bits and bobs (assumable) every now and again so there is something new to do on console while they port 1.3 over to console. - this is not fact, this is me thinking logically as i imagine 505 are. If you are bored of it on console, get it on PC. :p

Get out. Right now. Log out, and go! Just kidding.

505 are working hard to add additional items to the game. 1.3 will not be out for a while for console, even after PC release but 1.2 isnt properly out on console yet. You think this isnt planned? ;) - They are releasing bits and bobs (assumable) every now and again so there is something new to do on console while they port 1.3 over to console. - this is not fact, this is me thinking logically as i imagine 505 are. If you are bored of it on console, get it on PC. :p
im already aware that they are updating little by little. im already aware that the next update we get is the frost moon, and i already own the PC version. soo...

Bull. Crap. And you know it.
tf? first of all the friends i have that have end gear arent playing as much anymore... and your right they probably didnt beat the game and cheated by getting gear from a friend but their bored now so what else you have to say?

I play a lot, but mostly I just build. Boss fights and deathmatch/CTG get boring fast for me. Unless I'm intoxicated... Then everyone just kills each other until I blow up my enormous tower.

Try what me and my friends did. We play on PC but still same thing. Remake all your char. start over on hardmode. See how long you can live. May help bring it back for a bit.?

i was cuz u came for me bruh.
I play a lot, but mostly I just build. Boss fights and deathmatch/CTG get boring fast for me. Unless I'm intoxicated... Then everyone just kills each other until I blow up my enormous tower.
uhhh lmfao
Try what me and my friends did. We play on PC but still same thing. Remake all your char. start over on hardmode. See how long you can live. May help bring it back for a bit.?
im not saying tht i am bored i love this game but most of my friends dont play and the community use to be live on console a while back.

i'm not saying its not popular, but i don't see most of my friends play this game anymore as much as they used to. obviously because they beat it, but still more content would definitely liven it up again.

My take on this? The game isn't even close to dead. It is merely going through yet another metamorphosis! If the game ever came close to dying, it was the year after Red left the game up until his acclaimed return and announcing 1.2. This lull hasn't been nearly as severe or empty, it is merely the calm before the storm that will be 1.3!

It is no surprise at all to see many people not currently playing it. To expect the average gamer to play Terraria all year round, especially with a six month dearth of updates, isn't realistic . . . most people flip between games on a weekly basis. The same thing happens with console games between DLCs and such. Expect a lot of them to log back in when 1.3 hits, and maybe a bunch of new friends to boot!

My take on this? The game isn't even close to dead. It is merely going through yet another metamorphosis! If the game ever came close to dying, it was the year after Red left the game up until his acclaimed return and announcing 1.2. This lull hasn't been nearly as severe or empty, it is merely the calm before the storm that will be 1.3!

It is no surprise at all to see many people not currently playing it. To expect the average gamer to play Terraria all year round, especially with a six month dearth of updates, isn't realistic . . . most people flip between games on a weekly basis. The same thing happens with console games between DLCs and such. Expect a lot of them to log back in when 1.3 hits, and maybe a bunch of new friends to boot!
true. i kind of over exaggerated. its not dead. its
merely the calm before the storm
nice take on this.

As of now?...kinda.
Unless you like building (topkek) there's really not much left to do once you get all the possible weapons.
Sure, you could probably start with a new character and limit yourself in using only specific stuff, but since you have already beaten every boss several times in order to get every possible item, it won't really change that much, since you basically got every boss patterns printed in your brain 4life.
But, hey, every game gets boring after you played the s*it out of it.
I was thinking about getting into pvp, but that's really trying hard to keep my interest alive.
Wish there was more stuff to do.

Gamers seem to tie "popularity" to "life" when it comes to games. They couldn't be more wrong if they tried.

I never take any consideration to whether other people plays a game or not when choosing what I want to play. I keep going back to some games which have at most a thousand players still playing them often - this may be due to being raised back when multiplayer was "invite three dudes home and fight over who gets the least broken down controller" and due to this, playing against/with complete strangers never grew into me.

Sure, some games need a fanbase (MMOs) but I think Terraria is one of those games that will still be played by gamers ten years from now - that is what makes a classic, not how many hype-riders buy the game five months before it's released.

Content can extend a game's popularity, but its "life" is an objective thing. Did you know Doom, a game from the early nineties, still has maps and entire campaigns being created even today? Did you know Diablo II is sure to outlive its sequel, as much as Dungeon Siege 1 survived its two sequels?

Did you know there's people out there still playing games for computers and consoles from the eighties? I regularly ragequit from a few ZX-Spectrum games, myself, and one of my top five games is from the old NES.

So to answer your question, do you think it's dead? That's all that matters. I would guess you don't think it is, since you're still in the game's forums.

do you know whether or not it will fix the bug on the xbox version where prime despawns randomly?

Gamers seem to tie "popularity" to "life" when it comes to games. They couldn't be more wrong if they tried.

I never take any consideration to whether other people plays a game or not when choosing what I want to play. I keep going back to some games which have at most a thousand players still playing them often - this may be due to being raised back when multiplayer was "invite three dudes home and fight over who gets the least broken down controller" and due to this, playing against/with complete strangers never grew into me.

Sure, some games need a fanbase (MMOs) but I think Terraria is one of those games that will still be played by gamers ten years from now - that is what makes a classic, not how many hype-riders buy the game five months before it's released.

Content can extend a game's popularity, but its "life" is an objective thing. Did you know Doom, a game from the early nineties, still has maps and entire campaigns being created even today? Did you know Diablo II is sure to outlive its sequel, as much as Dungeon Siege 1 survived its two sequels?

Did you know there's people out there still playing games for computers and consoles from the eighties? I regularly ragequit from a few ZX-Spectrum games, myself, and one of my top five games is from the old NES.

So to answer your question, do you think it's dead? That's all that matters. I would guess you don't think it is, since you're still in the game's forums.
you're right this Terraria is a classic, but i want this game to be live again its much more fun that way that is all i'm asking. damn i didn't know saying "dead" would cause everyone to believe i'm bored or think no one plays it. i'm just saying i want it to be hype again...

you're right this Terraria is a classic, but i want this game to be live again its much more fun that way that is all i'm asking. damn i didn't know saying "dead" would cause everyone to believe i'm bored or think no one plays it. i'm just saying i want it to be hype again...

and it is.

Hype is bad.

I mean, it's good for business, but it's bad for the fanbase. It attracts herds of what I like to call "fanboys" in and the actual fans have to clean up after they leave for the next shiny new hyped-after game/movie/book/series.

Hype is bad.

I mean, it's good for business, but it's bad for the fanbase. It attracts herds of what I like to call "fanboys" in and the actual fans have to clean up after they leave for the next shiny new hyped-after game/movie/book/series.
no what your talking about is popular bruh. im saying hype. the forums used to have like 10 new threads a day and people were making the game fun by keepin it live/hype. im saying i miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom