Is the guide the wall of flesh?

Sam Coster

Skeletron Prime
Well now, think about it. Why do we need a guide Voodoo doll to summon the wall of flesh? Why would he guide us if he plans to inevitably kill us. Was it so he could decieve us by manifesting himself as cool NPC who helps? Will we ever know? :)

I hear this theory a lot, but it is the sacrifice of the guide via the voodoo doll that summons the wall of flesh. I believe that the guide is willing to sacrifice himself to allow you to go on and become greater since his job is just that, to help you become better.

but wait... the guide was never in hell when you summon the wof

(it also could be wall of shadows (tremor mod ftw))

It's been a theory that's been around for awhile. And it is an interesting one I have to say.

In game the evidence overall kind of seems to disprove this theory with how the Guide (Or a new Guide) will respawn after sacrificing him if it's day time. But if the WoF is fought at nighttime and defeated at that time, it can be seen that the Guide may be the WoF in this case.

Aside from that, the symbolism of this Theory feels good. Because you are sacrificing the one who has given you tips throughout the whole game up to that point, it almost seems to be saying "You understand how to play the game very well now. You no longer need help." And it's almost like fighting the one who has helped you learn, symbolizing in a sense how you've surpassed your teacher.

Also considering the Guide won't give a lot of advice in Hardmode overall, beyond breaking Altars or finding Souls. It's almost like defeating the Wall of Flesh represents how far you've come in the game and are ready for anything that comes in Hardmode.

I doubt we'll ever truly know what with how many facts about the lore are actually revealed (and by that I mean next to nothing), but there are a few subtle hints within the game.

According to the wiki, when talking to the Cyborg he will occasionally ask you whether or not you've "defeated the wall of [name of the Guide]" so I'd wager whether or not the Guide is the Wall of Flesh or is just a vessel for it, they definitely have something specific in common other than the Guide just happening to be the one you have to sacrifice to summon it.

I hear this theory a lot, but it is the sacrifice of the guide via the voodoo doll that summons the wall of flesh. I believe that the guide is willing to sacrifice himself to allow you to go on and become greater since his job is just that, to help you become better.
Sounds like an RPG waiting to happen.

I like that theory I 100% agree with it
[doublepost=1555268006,1555267906][/doublepost]I like that theory I 100% agree with it

Makes sense because you cant summon him by throwing a clothier voodoo doll

Im also wondering if u cannsummon wof by dropping the guide in the underworld and not the doll

Thx for the idea but this is already been tested on and it hasn't worked...
But if you can give me a way to get NPC's down to the underworld fast without them taking fall damage I'd like to know that.

But if you can give me a way to get NPC's down to the underworld fast without them taking fall damage I'd like to know that.
Put a king statue in hell and wire it to a switch.

As for the theory, it's a bit silly considering the guide can respawn mid-fight.

Thx for the idea but this is already been tested on and it hasn't worked...
Portal gun and king statue are the most reliable ways.

Back
Top Bottom