Is the Mana Flower worth using with the Spectre Hood?

When using Mage/Magic Weapon focused characters in playthroughs, I often like to have a mana flower on my character. It makes it easier to not have to consciously think about pressing the quick mana buff button many times during a boss fight. In the moment when fighting bosses in Expert Mode Especially, I really need to be able to focus completely on moving/attacking.

If you don't mind using the quick mana button repeatedly in any situation, you could probably substitute it with another accessory. I feel the convenience of not needing to think about the quick mana potion button is worth the accessory slot.

When using Mage/Magic Weapon focused characters in playthroughs, I often like to have a mana flower on my character. It makes it easier to not have to consciously think about pressing the quick mana buff button many times during a boss fight. In the moment when fighting bosses in Expert Mode Especially, I really need to be able to focus completely on moving/attacking.

If you don't mind using the quick mana button repeatedly in any situation, you could probably substitute it with another accessory. I feel the convenience of not needing to think about the quick mana potion button is worth the accessory slot.
Doesn't the DPS reduction hurt you?

Also "PC support"? The Mana flower is not a 1.3 exclusive item, and I have made similar threads about accessories in the past that were kept in general topics.

Doesn't the DPS reduction hurt you?

Also "PC support"? The Mana flower is not a 1.3 exclusive item, and I have made similar threads about accessories in the past that were kept in general topics.

I haven't played a lot with Magic Armor, but if you stick with the mask, you'll get better damage compared to using the hood naturally. Using the flower does mean using a slot that could instead be used to enhance damage or defense. It sort of is a matter of weighing convenience vs. damage vs. defense or another trait in my opinion. If low mana is a concern, I would recommend having the 2-3 stacks of greater mana potions in your inventory whether you use the Mana Flower or not if you don't have them already.

Magic Cuffs or Celestial Cuffs refills mana when taking damage. I used it with Spectre Hood to get into a cycle of using mana on a magic weapon, receive damage to refill mana, deal magic damage and get healed by the Spectre Hood's effect.

Back
Top Bottom