Is there a safe way to trigger pre-placed Explosives traps?

drivebymessiah

Terrarian
^[Title]

Is there a way to trigger the pre-placed Detonator & Explosives traps without access to the mechanic's tools? I've encountered these frequently in early-game exploration and they tend to be surrounded by a some sort of ore. Typically, in the early game, it'd be very satisfying to utilize these traps simply to mine quickly - but I cannot figure out a way to trigger the detonator without killing myself.

Is there a work-around for a pre-mechanic character/world?

Armor

Otherwise no. The mechanic is the way to go. But if you haven't beat Skeletron yet, try using just a pickaxe for mining.

In a convoluted way, perhaps.

IF you have access to a Tinkerer's Workshop, you could craft Boulders. And IF you've managed to scavenge a Red Pressure Plate (perhaps from an Underground Cabin), you could replace the Detonator with the pressure place. Then, you could mine out a way for a boulder to drop or roll across the pressure plate from a safe distance and trigger the explosives.

Boulders won't trigger the detonator or the gray/brown pressure plates, only the red/green/yellow pressure plates, and the Red ones are the only ones obtainable before the Mechanic.

^[Title]

Is there a way to trigger the pre-placed Detonator & Explosives traps without access to the mechanic's tools? I've encountered these frequently in early-game exploration and they tend to be surrounded by a some sort of ore. Typically, in the early game, it'd be very satisfying to utilize these traps simply to mine quickly - but I cannot figure out a way to trigger the detonator without killing myself.

Is there a work-around for a pre-mechanic character/world?
The ones with detonators are always safe if you right click it from as far away from the explosive as possible. I have a picture.

Back
Top Bottom